Need a Job ASAP!

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure I have saved a few sales. I did have one yesterday where a guy had to "talk to his wife first." Pretty sure he's going to flake, but I emailed his sales agent. LOL!
yeah, that is typically a cop out statement. It primarily means "I don't have the guts to just say no so I will blame something else and get off the phone"

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Restructuring in my area means I am jumping over to customer service next, unless I can hit 90 days before transfer to CS and get hired to sales. Silver lining is CS will give me knowledge of at least more of Freedom Debt Relief.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Restructuring in my area means I am jumping over to customer service next, unless I can hit 90 days before transfer to CS and get hired to sales. Silver lining is CS will give me knowledge of at least more of Freedom Debt Relief.

We do recruit to vanguard sales from CS and it is a significant pay increase to my knowledge. Building a good track record at CS wiull be important though, I am not sure if they take on "green" reps or if they look for the cream at the top. .

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
We do recruit to vanguard sales from CS and it is a significant pay increase to my knowledge. Building a good track record at CS wiull be important though, I am not sure if they take on "green" reps or if they look for the cream at the top. .
Thank you for the info. I wanted to go into sales and try that. I was told underwriting 2 was good experience because then you know what needs to be in the file to be approved. People took paycuts to get into underwriting 1/welcome call because they wanted underwriting 2 jobs. Now underwriting 2 is like 6 or 7 levels up. There were a few upset people. Perhaps they will do a case by case exception for them. I gotta say CS was the last job I wanted just looking at all the jobs. Like I said earlier, at least you learn way more about the program overall.

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I assume Sales still has bonus under the new pay structure? For us small bonus eligible folks, they worked the bonus into our hourly rates. Now everyone gets a "bonus." Works better for us since our bonus was so small to begin with.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I assume Sales still has bonus under the new pay structure? For us small bonus eligible folks, they worked the bonus into our hourly rates. Now everyone gets a "bonus." Works better for us since our bonus was so small to begin with.

We didnt get a new pay structure. We havent had a change in a few years so I expect one soon but it is a lot different than the rest of the company.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score

I know I'm late to the party but congrats on getting the job Paul. Any updates or still in the same department as what you mentioned in this last post?

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I know I'm late to the party but congrats on getting the job Paul. Any updates or still in the same department as what you mentioned in this last post?
I am working in Customer Service in the Chat Department. It's challenging because we handle two customers at a time. Plus my typing is getting better! I do think Sales still is giving out bonuses. @BigRedRage knows more about that department. Sales is highly demanding. So I have been not sure if I should apply. With Carona I am not sure we can visit other departments anymore to see how the jobs are.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am working in Customer Service in the Chat Department. It's challenging because we handle two customers at a time. Plus my typing is getting better! I do think Sales still is giving out bonuses. @BigRedRage knows more about that department. Sales is highly demanding. So I have been not sure if I should apply. With Carona I am not sure we can visit other departments anymore to see how the jobs are.
There are a lot of routes outside of sales too. Sales is great but it is very racing and uniquely challenging

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I just applied for a different position and have an interview Tuesday. Will be my first interview in eleven years. Crazy.
Good Luck! I will be looking for that job promotion email!

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
probably next week signing up for a program to pass NMLS and go into being a mortgage loan officer on my own. My role at this company is being slowly phased out for lower income reps.

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
probably next week signing up for a program to pass NMLS and go into being a mortgage loan officer on my own. My role at this company is being slowly phased out for lower income reps.
I am sorry to hear that. I never got into being a loan officer. I was a Realtor. The curse and the blessing is you can do that mortgage job remotely.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am sorry to hear that. I never got into being a loan officer. I was a Realtor. The curse and the blessing is you can do that mortgage job remotely.
Some if them, yeah. Just reloading my tool belt. Everything is a bit wonky right now but want to look big picture vs changing to something that is hot today but dead in a year

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Me too.
After 16 years of being out of the work force I am ready to to go back to work.
I need to put my resume back together, The reason I was out of a job for so long is I was my parents care taker when they got sick. I think I can use the care taker experience on my resume.

I have a bachelor's degree in Business, so that should help me in my job search.

I have to call ssid to see if I can get ticket to work permission to at least work part time, without losing my benefits.

Fingers crossed

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Me too.
After 16 years of being out of the work force I am ready to to go back to work.
I need to put my resume back together, The reason I was out of a job for so long is I was my parents care taker when they got sick. I think I can use the care taker experience on my resume.

I have a bachelor's degree in Business, so that should help me in my job search.

I have to call ssid to see if I can get ticket to work permission to at least work part time, without losing my benefits.

Fingers crossed
So I used to do a general resume. Now I am being told it has to be catered to each specific job, with keywords sprinkled throughout. When I was looking, I pretty much stuck to general format and got interviews, but the interviewers kept telling me my resume wasn't specific enough. That lead me to believe there were higher level people looking at resumes, and initial interview info, that actually made the hiring decisions.

Good luck!

Last edited:

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
So I used to do a general resume. Now I am being told it has to be catered to each specific job, with keywords sprinkled throughout. When I was looking, I pretty much stuck to general format and got interviews, but the interviewers kept telling me my resume wasn't specific enough. That lead me to believe there were higher level people looking at resumes, and initial interview info, that actually made the hiring decisions.

Good luck!
:thumbup: and Thank you!

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Good luck!

100% true. The primary reason is companies use software, and AI now, to filter resumes.

While in the Philippines a job opened up at a company I can walk to in 2 minutes. I had my laptop but I only had 1 resume on it and was on vacation so I just submitted that resume. 2 days later, on a Saturday, I got an auto thanks but no thanks response. When we got back, I applied again with a tweaked resume. They were using a different job title although it was essentially the same job, and some other stuff.

When I resubmitted the resume I got a call and an interview, online, but then the recruiter told me they had made an offer to someone else. It was REALLY clear that the reason my first resume got rejected was the resume filter and my second one that had their job title put in it, got through the filter. My assumption is they were in the process with the person they offered before they were with me so by the time they got to the point of my zoom interview that person was in the process to get an offer. They might have picked them anyways but that first resume getting rejected put me at a disadvantage.

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I need a fast hire job. I am running out of pennies! I need advice on how to get quick hire jobs. Where can I go to get a job quick? I need a wage, not some pie in the sky multi level marketing sales job. I have been applying for everything I can! I can't even get a maid job! I CAN clean toilets! :)
Pretty much in the same spot again. Last time, @Redrage gave me a good lead I nailed down for a job. Anyone else know where I can apply? Indeed, CareerBuilder, and LinkedIn haven't helped me much! :-(

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose