xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Boston had a trade exception, meaning Orlando didn't need to take on salary. Made all the difference. Fournier is also on last year of contract.

It's still a steal for a playoff team like Boston. He can help them.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
My guess here is that any move we make (or don't) is based on whether or not James Jones truly believes we have a chance at a title this season. I don't think that's the case, so I'm betting on us not making any moves. If we were expecting to be in the mix for a title, then the Gordon to Denver move would almost certainly force our hand.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My guess here is that any move we make (or don't) is based on whether or not James Jones truly believes we have a chance at a title this season. I don't think that's the case, so I'm betting on us not making any moves. If we were expecting to be in the mix for a title, then the Gordon to Denver move would almost certainly force our hand.

Suns need someone to help Dario Saric. It doesn't have to be a major piece.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A look at the new Magic.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nothing cooking with the Suns at least as yet.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No reason Vucevic shouldn’t be a Sun today. Jesus Christ that’s all it took to get the 3rd best center in the NBA. Riding with Ayton huh sooner or later the money is going to need to be addressed

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This was one of my backup plans.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No reason Vucevic shouldn’t be a Sun today. Jesus Christ that’s all it took to get the 3rd best center in the NBA. Riding with Ayton huh sooner or later the money is going to need to be addressed

Look at the salaries the Suns have, trading for Vucevic would have taken Ayton plus either Crowder or Saric and Javon Carter. Plus the Magic wanted picks, which the Suns don't have to trade. You make it sound easy but this isn't a video game.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Look at the salaries the Suns have, trading for Vucevic would have taken Ayton plus either Crowder or Saric and Javon Carter. Plus the Magic wanted picks, which the Suns don't have to trade. You make it sound easy but this isn't a video game.

If Orlando got Ayton we’d be getting the picks. Vuc is better but DA has more value.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

yeah that’s not a lot to give up for the third best center in the NBA and a 2x all star. A trade for Vucevic has already been covered here it’s def very possible

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If Orlando got Ayton we’d be getting the picks. Vuc is better but DA has more value.

Orlando wanted picks, they weren't giving up picks while also sending Vucevic out. Ayton has more upside but Vuc is better now. If salaries were even then maybe they do a straight swap but they'd need to take on a contract that doesn't help them now, either Saric or Crowder, and that extra money is why they'd want picks with Ayton.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
yeah that’s not a lot to give up for the third best center in the NBA and a 2x all star. A trade for Vucevic has already been covered here it’s def very possible

Just because it was discussed here doesn't mean its realistic. They just got a good young big in Carter and 2 likely lotto picks for him. Again, the Suns can't make salaries work unless they trade their only competent bigs in Ayton and Saric for him and they can't trade any 1sts until 2025, at the earliest. So it still doesn't make sense how you think we could have topped the Bulls offer while remaining a contending team.

But ill let you continue to think it if it makes you happy.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The purpose of the trades by the Magic is to build around a young core like Isaac and Fultz.

Ayton would have fit that description not that I would have traded him.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson