NBA Trade Deadline Thread 2021

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gambo just tweeted Suns are not interested in Dieng. Big mistake if you ask me.

Hmmm... that’s too bad. Really wish they would have made some kind of move for a backup big. This seems like it would have been the easiest to at least kick tires on.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jones isn’t looking to add a big. That seems obvious.

Or he knows who is and isn't interested in us? I have no idea why he wouldn't want to add Dieng but maybe it's a case of a player looking better from the outside than in? Otherwise, he seems like the perfect add, a version of Damian Jones that can actually help you.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you put yourself in his shoes going to Phoenix does not make any sense. He can go to the lakers for 1 year and get a bunch of playing time and a better chance at a ring. He can go to the Knicks or the Hornets, get a lot of playing time and possibly a new contract with both of those teams next year.

Phoenix will not give him much playing time, and cannot pay him in the future, and does not have the best chance of a ring as others offering him a job.

Why would he be interested in coming here?

I just don't get the black and white-ness of this statement. Lakers have some obvious advantages but if they're healthy, he'd have a better chance of playing time with the Suns. And if they're not healthy, he'd get a lot of minutes in LA but would have had a better chance at a title with Phoenix. To be clear, I actually think he'll sign with the Lakers but not strictly for the way you phrase it.

The Knicks are a great spot for him if he's willing to work his butt off defensively playing for TT and if he does that, he could well be the best big in the league (and paid like it). Brooklyn (pre-LMA) would have given him a great chance at a ring but again, with such great offensive weapons, he'd have needed to step up and play the kind of defense he's only played for short stretches in his career. Charlotte, to me, only makes sense if he has reason to believe they are signing him for the long term when the season ends.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Report Celtics think Drummond will sign with Lakers.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jones isn’t looking to add a big. That seems obvious.

Indications are this is the case.

However, no one expected the Suns to be in second place in the West at this point in the season but here we are.

I can understand the Suns not making a trade but it's harder to understand them not fortifying their roster for a playoff run without going after a buyout player.

Can James Jones have someone in mind like they did last season when they added Cam Payne before the bubble?

Last edited:

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's not looking too bad with the Bulls and I believe they add Daniel Theis.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Got my first look at them last night against the Warriors. First game back for Curry, still limping, and he lit up Zach like he'd never missed a game. They finally had to pull Zach off Steph.

Zach is a terrific offensive player but he's so bad on defense, even an improved version, if they'd kept him on Steph he would have gone for 40 plus maybe 50. At one point they had Steph and Poole in together so Zach had to guard Poole who was open basically everytime downcourt, he had a bit of an off night from 3 otherwise he would have lit Zach up too.

I do see the possibilities, Vucevic is good, Markannen can shoot, Williams is really talented, Zach can score. White didn't play they actually started Thaddeus Young. They'll improve the defense was terrible last night but part of that was the refs weren't calling fouls. There were 4 FT's shot in the entire first half.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got my first look at them last night against the Warriors. First game back for Curry, still limping, and he lit up Zach like he'd never missed a game. They finally had to pull Zach off Steph.

Zach is a terrific offensive player but he's so bad on defense, even an improved version, if they'd kept him on Steph he would have gone for 40 plus maybe 50. At one point they had Steph and Poole in together so Zach had to guard Poole who was open basically everytime downcourt, he had a bit of an off night from 3 otherwise he would have lit Zach up too.

I do see the possibilities, Vucevic is good, Markannen can shoot, Williams is really talented, Zach can score. White didn't play they actually started Thaddeus Young. They'll improve the defense was terrible last night but part of that was the refs weren't calling fouls. There were 4 FT's shot in the entire first half.

Minimally the Bulls will be a good offensive team and I like their talent.