NBA draft picks trade rumors

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I don't like the Suns trading for the 5 and 10. How many players can a team have that are under the age of 20?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A unlikely scenario would be that if Celtics take Tatum, and we trade #4 to SAC for #5 and #10.... we would then draft Jackson and could trade #10 for someone. Maybe LMA.

Not saying I like it, but I did just hear Windbag on Sportsnation say we're interested in him, but not for #4.

Of course this could still be in play if Celtics take or trade the pick for someone with Jackson, and then we take Tatum/Issac with #5.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
A unlikely scenario would be that if Celtics take Tatum, and we trade #4 to SAC for #5 and #10.... we would then draft Jackson and could trade #10 for someone. Maybe LMA.

Not saying I like it, but I did just hear Windbag on Sportsnation say we're interested in him, but not for #4.

Of course this could still be in play if Celtics take or trade the pick for someone with Jackson, and then we take Tatum/Issac with #5.

I don't see the point in adding Aldridge but the move wouldn't surprise me or bother me if that's how it went down. Maybe we can unload Knight in the deal? I'd rather have Zack Collins at #10 than Aldridge and his contract. Bringing him in would make Dudley expendable but I can't see him being traded that's why I'd like to get Knight off the books somehow.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
If we do the 5 and 10 pick trade with Sac Town, the Clippers are shopping DeAndre Jordan. They want Josh Jackson, but so does half the NBA. I feel for Clipper fans, if they trade Jordan, probably Chris Paul and Blake Griffen gone, too.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
My final big board:

Jackson
Fox
Isaac
Dennis Smith Jr
Tatum

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll be honest, if Jackson is there and he's not involved in a trade for Porzingis, I'm gonna be REAL pissed if we trade for 5 and 10.

That's out thinking yourself, IMO.

3rdside

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Boston surely can't trade for more picks, we surely have to get Jackson?

And I wonder if a Porzingis trade could be dependent on that? Chriss and Jackson is pretty damn sexy - and probably a fair price to pay for Zinger (i'd think long and hard about it but probably do it..) - Chriss and Tatum less so.

3rdside

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I'll be honest, if Jackson is there and he's not involved in a trade for Porzingis, I'm gonna be REAL pissed if we trade for 5 and 10.

That's out thinking yourself, IMO.

We're surely not trading away Jackson for 5 and 10 for Porzingis or otherwise.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

If that happens we draft jackson and tell the knicks we have jackson, another lottery pick for you at 10 and bender. Take it or leave it.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If that happens we draft jackson and tell the knicks we have jackson, another lottery pick for you at 10 and bender. Take it or leave it.

Yep, that's another possibility. Another is, we keep the #10 and include one of the future picks we didn't want to trade.

The #10 could also help us get a replacement for Bledsoe if he's traded. (and if not for the Unicorn, we could then trade Bledsoe for someone else). Heck what if Bledsoe is then part of a 3rd team in a trade involving one of the other superstars?

We just gotta wait to see how it all plays out, but I think the Suns are right in the mix for something splashy if Ball goes to the Lakers and Tatum to Celtics.

This draft could get really crazy. It very well might not. But it could. We seem to be poised to be at the center of everything if the top 3 picks go as expected.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Please no on lma would rather draft a rookie with upside. Also not to high on milsap or george.

Dont make a boneheaded move today suns... lol i am getting nervous not much sleep last night :(.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Suns trading Dudley for 2nd rd picks would just be idiotic. He's literally been the best leader and influence this franchise has had in over 5 or 6 years.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

why do you think Sac wouldn't take Jackson at 4?

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Please no on lma would rather draft a rookie with upside. Also not to high on milsap or george.

Dont make a boneheaded move today suns... lol i am getting nervous not much sleep last night :(.
I agree. LMA is on a downward tend. Rather have a young guy. I am worried someone will give Ainge the world and move into the 3 spot for Josh Jackson and screw us on any possible deals!

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Suns trading Dudley for 2nd rd picks would just be idiotic. He's literally been the best leader and influence this franchise has had in over 5 or 6 years.
If you can get 2 picks for Dudley, you sell! LMAO! :)

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
I agree. Chriss is a piece I'd like to keep but he isn't one of the untouchables. He hasn't shown enough yet to earn that status.

I like your trade ideas because they seem plausible for both sides. We'd be lucky to get KP without giving up Booker.

No point trading for KP if we give up Booker. Rather pass on the opportunity than deal DBook.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Dudley for 2 seconds means we are making room on the roster for a vet. Maybe Millsap?

ColdPickleNachos

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Gambo texted his Knicks source if they would do Jackson and Chriss for Porzingis. The response was "not even close", supposedly based on the other offers they have.

If that's the case, I think it is time to give up dreams of a Phoenix unicorn.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
why do you think Sac wouldn't take Jackson at 4?

They could. But everything I've been reading indicates they covet Fox. Taking Jackson or trading the pick after we trade it to them doesn't land them Fox. Each team has their preferences.

Now we don't know if it is true they covet Fox, but our front office probably does if there's been discussions for 5 and 10. Since we're in the catbird seat, we can ask them what they are planning to do.

One thing about our FO discussing all these options is it shows we're willing to do what is best for our team. Taking Fox... possibility. Trading for Unicorn... possible. Taking Jackson... possible. Trading the pick to someone else... possible. Or something entirely different. So we can, with a straight face say we're looking at all these options. At the very least some do appear credible.

I think all these reports show us to be very flexible. If we can't do this, we might have plan b, or c. If we don't, the media sure cooked it up for us. They have us potentially doing ~7-10 different things.

It then comes down to Sacramento wanting to roll the odds everything falls their way or secure the guy they *may* covet before someone else jumps them, and whether or not we believe Sacramento told us the truth.

Maybe a Porzingis trade won't lose them Fox, but maybe that #4 pick being involved in a LMA/Butler/Paul George trade might. It's a lot of uncertainty.

Having #5 and 10 could then help us do other things.

It also depends how good Sac's FO is. It is generally assumed they are a dysfunctional franchise (to whatever degree, but generally ownership). Maybe they can get fleeced. Or not. But if you're talking with them and saying... well we might be close with this team, but if you want to do that #5 and 10 deal right now... we will. That might be enough to bite.

The process itself is putting us in a prime position. It may not lead us to anything, but we can potentially play it to our advantage. In other words we're in the seat where we can tell other people at various points... it's now or we have X team on the line.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Gambo texted his Knicks source if they would do Jackson and Chriss for Porzingis. The response was "not even close", supposedly based on the other offers they have.

If that's the case, I think it is time to give up dreams of a Phoenix unicorn.
I guess it depends on what "not even close" means. If adding Bledsoe gets it done, well.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort