Nash to Lakers???

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
NBA - where Yawning happens... except for the big market superteams.

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
Howard is going to the Nets

I'll bet you on that. I say it's a) Lakers or b) Atlanta. NJ doesn't have the assets. You are paying too much attention to ESPN and Sports Center.

NBA gms have done many a dumb thing, but if the new Orlando GM trade DH12 for Brook LoPez over Bynum or Horford they should request a lobotomy.

Also Howard has no leverage. So again, care to bet?

Last edited:

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
No, you don't understand, I'm not only saying you're not a Suns fan, I'm saying you're not a sports fan.

And I'm saying you are an idiot.

No wait let me take that back. You just have really stupid opinions. I mean like REALLY stupid.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Classy move by Sarver and Babby.

I agree, classy move by Sarver and Babby.

When Nash's career is over, I hope they bring him back for one final season on a minimum contract so he can retire a Sun. He will be one of the all-time greats.

Muggum

Registered
Reaction score
You guys don't understand. There's NOTHING logical about being a sports fan. Nothing in the LEAST logical about caring what happens when professional athletes run up and down a floor purportedly 'representing' your city. Sports IS emotion. Nothing more. Nothing less. You're trying to tell me, for whom the Lakers have represented nothing shy of pure evil since 1979, to be happy about my favorite player in history putting on that purple and gold uniform and hugging a trophy, doused in champagne? To console myself with the joy of two meaningless late first round picks and two second round picks and 3 million in cash? YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT IT MEANS TO ROOT. FAN IS SHORT FOR FANATIC. GO WATCH JEOPARDY. TAKE IT SOMEWHERE ELSE.

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
I am a long time Suns fan and I do understand sports quite well. Like I said it sucks that he's going to the Lakers but we're rebuilding, he's 38 years old and an UFA. He could have gone to the Lakers for nothing and from the sounds of things he was about to.

Don't blame Sarver because Nash wanted to go to the Lakers and we got something in return

You remember the days, though, when the Suns were a team that players wanted to go to, not from.

I think it's fair to place the blame for that on ownership.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
You guys don't understand. There's NOTHING logical about being a sports fan. Nothing in the LEAST logical about caring what happens when professional athletes run up and down a floor purportedly 'representing' your city. Sports IS emotion. Nothing more. Nothing less. You're trying to tell me, for whom the Lakers have represented nothing shy of pure evil since 1979, to be happy about my favorite player in history putting on that purple and gold uniform and hugging a trophy, doused in champagne? To console myself with the joy of two meaningless late first round picks and two second round picks and 3 million in cash? YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT IT MEANS TO ROOT. FAN IS SHORT FOR FANATIC. GO WATCH JEOPARDY. TAKE IT SOMEWHERE ELSE.

You must be registered for see images

Too soon?

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score

Lol fair enough. But that doesn't mean you need to say others aren't suns fans or sports fans for feeling differently from you.

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
I agree, classy move by Sarver and Babby.

When Nash's career is over, I hope they bring him back for one final season on a minimum contract so he can retire a Sun. He will be one of the all-time greats.

I think it was a classy move by Nash to say it was a classy move by Sarver and Babby.

From what I've read, it was Nash who orchestrated this whole thing. Why should Sarver and Babby get any credit for doing something that gets them value in return when their plan seemed to be letting him walk for nothing in return?

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
Yes super classy move by Sarver. Now hes got another 3.1 mill to add to his bed of money. Clown. I hate that guy.

Muggum

Registered
Reaction score
Fine, I'LL take it somewhere else. There's someone somewhere who gets it.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
You remember the days, though, when the Suns were a team that players wanted to go to, not from.

I think it's fair to place the blame for that on ownership.

For some of it yes. For moving on because Father Time is catching up with your best players and you want to rebuild? No

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
I think it was a classy move by Nash to say it was a classy move by Sarver and Babby.

From what I've read, it was Nash who orchestrated this whole thing. Why should Sarver and Babby get any credit for doing something that gets them value in return when their plan seemed to be letting him walk for nothing in return?

You do know thats how 99.9% of S&Ts are facilitated, right?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Agreed.

That's why I said earlier, Nash may have a career ahead of him hopefully as a Suns GM when he retires. Better yet, I hope Nash someday buys the Suns if Sarver is still the owner.

Ninjafish

Registered
Reaction score
If you're happy about this deal, you're not a long-time Suns fan. You don't even know what it means to be a long-time Suns fan.

The fact that the picks won't amount to anything (which I promise, they won't) is not even factored into my hate.

If you're even looking at the logic of the deal, you not only don't understand the Suns, you don't understand sports.

But then, if you're not happy to see Nash get a chance at getting a ring in his final three years, you're not and never was a Nash fan. Obviously he would have zero chance in Toronto. Probably he would have almost no chance in New York.

Michael

The buzz is back!
Reaction score
At least the Lakers like Sarver. From ESPN:

9. The next time you see Suns owner Robert Sarver and team president Lon Babby, give 'em a hug. They traded Nash to a division rival, in part because they respected his desire both to win and stay close to his three children in Phoenix. (The draft picks help, obviously.) Suns fans might get just a touch apoplectic over this, but Lakers fans owe the Suns' brass some thanks.

TucsonDevil

Good to be back!
Reaction score
I feel physically sick. Btw, to those that think we got more than payroll money for Sarver in this deal... In four years we will see how we didn't get a thing. The draft picks will be traded or squandered by this FO. The picks will be #25+ anyway, and there are no impact players that this office can see... Remember Rondo?

This just sucks all around. It's embarrassing that the best player in franchise history has to go to the Lakers to win a championship. And I predict that they will win it.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I like getting 4 draft picks for Nash especially when he could have left and we received nothing. The draft picks give us flexibility to either trade or package and move up in these drafts.
The Suns are in a rebuilding mode that is a fact. Having multiple draft picks gives us needed flexibility.

Additionally, best wishes to Steve Nash, it was a pleasure watching you.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I feel physically sick. Btw, to those that think we got more than payroll money for Sarver in this deal... In four years we will see how we didn't get a thing. The draft picks will be traded or squandered by this FO. The picks will be #25+ anyway, and there are no impact players that this office can see... Remember Rondo?

This just sucks all around. It's embarrassing that the best player in franchise history has to go to the Lakers to win a championship. And I predict that they will win it.

I understand. After I heard about the sign and trade I immediately started worrying about New Orleans working the Suns FO over. I'm just glad the Suns accommodated Steve Nash after what he has given to the franchise.

Also Nash will likely be retired in three seasons. As I said earlier, I'd like to bring him back for the minimum for one final season so he can retire a Sun.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard