Nash to Lakers???

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns finally will have multiple draft picks. I hope they do not give them to NO for Gordon.

I was thinking the same thing. Wish they could have kept this under wraps until Gordon deal is done. Suns lost some leverage there if NO wants to play hard ball, but keep in mind NO doesn't want a player who would be hostile to them if they matched.

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The only thing keeping me from proclaiming this a great trade is the protection of the picks. Folks, we just got 2 1st round picks and 2 2nd round picks for our 38 year old point guard who was an unrestricted free agent. He could have went to Toronto for jack squat! We didn't get a penny of salary either. These are great assets.

Exactly, nash was a free agent, why are people assessing this as they would assess a trade?

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Suns finally will have multiple draft picks. I hope they do not give them to NO for Gordon.

Good thinking. They may be headed to NOLA. NOLA can have 2013, but not 2015. Childress and LA's 2013 :D

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing. Wish they could have kept this under wraps until Gordon deal is done. Suns lost some leverage there if NO wants to play hard ball, but keep in mind NO doesn't want a player who would be hostile to them if they matched.

The Suns should not offer a sign and trade to New Orleans IMO. They will have lots of money and picks to play with.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Nash is an unrestricted free agent. Getting 4 picks for him is amazing. The Suns aren't going to be competitive until he is retired anyway so there really isn't a conflict of interest. The Lakers were going to light up the Suns for the next 3 years with or without Nash.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Suns now have assets to pursue Harden. Presti talks tough, but the numbers don't lie. Harden or Ibaka will have to go. They can't have 3 max guys that play the perimeter.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't get too attached to those picks, I'm sure they will belong to New Orleans soon.

let's face it the 2013 draft pick is going to be one of the last three or four in the first round, and 2015 is almost certainly going to be one of the last 10. I guess we could always hope for some serious injury problems, but that Lakers team is going to be damn good. Still, it's going to piss off to see us trade draft picks to New Orleans in order to seriously overpay somebody who will prevent us from getting the high draft picks we need.

I'm happy for Steve Nash, but it's going to kill me to see him in that Lakers uniform.

Joe

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I hope Nash never wins another game in his life.

HooverDam

Reaction score
Suns now have assets to pursue Harden. Presti talks tough, but the numbers don't lie. Harden or Ibaka will have to go. They can't have 3 max guys that play the perimeter.

Not sure why the Suns go for Harden if they get Gordon

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I hope Nash never wins another game in his life.

I seriously don't understand how any Suns fan can have any resentment towards Nash. If anyone has earned the right to call the shots where they play it's him.

It's just like how JJ was vilified for getting paid more than what the Suns would pay him.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
https://twitter.com/#!/ESPNSteinLine
Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine As I understand it: Suns were adamant they would NOT do deal without two firsts and two seconds. But once Lakers put that much up

Babby is really impressing me. He's building up a lot of cred in my book. People say that Jerry has that Godfather aura to him. Does anybody think Babby has a little Tony Soprano in him with that nasally voice and Brooklyn accent.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I am very pleased over this trade and I hate the Lakers. As many have mentioned we get 4 picks for a 38-year old UFA in Steve Nash. Think about it folks he could have gone to TOR or DAL for nothing or NY for basically crap.

This is good for Nash because the LA market will help him in his film ventures but lets face it LA is not going to get past SA or OKC in the West.

I don't think the picks are part of a NO unless PHO is also going to include either Gortat, Kieff or Marshall, which I doubt. NO will not just take picks for Gordon when they can team him with Davis & Rivers as cornerstones of the franchise.

The 2013 draft actually looks like it could be just as deep as this draft class so the late round pick could land us a player we can use. Again great trade for PHO.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
No it isn't.

I find it to be the same irrational thinking. Nash stayed loyal to the team despite watching it be stripped of talent year after year. Nash has earned the right to play where he wants.

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Wow this works for me :)
It remains to be seen what these picks will produce, but i've got to hand it to the Suns for finding a way to get some return on a 38 yr old PG.

My Laker hate hasn't subsided....but I think i'd like to see Nash dish to Kobe for a season or two.
"I'm a big fan."
You must be registered for see images

Nash is awful defensively but how do you defend a Nash/Kobe backcourt? :lol:

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
worst nightmare.

Yep, just sick to see Kobe and the rest of those clowns get another ring or 2. Hill will go there next.

Nash
Kobe
Hill
Gasol
Bynum

Simon says, championship.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard