Nash to Lakers???

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I never post here much these days, just a busy life going on, but this text from KTAR just has me riled up. Figured it needed its own thread.

Nash traded to Lakers for picks, all but a done deal?

I never get upset over sports stuff anymore, but this one has me seriously annoyed. Anyone else feel utterly betrayed by the Suns that they'd deal with one of our most hated rivals? Feel like I just got stabbed in the back.

Brutal. I hope this doesn't happen.

Frak them if it does. I don't want to watch him play with Kobe. Ugh. Ugh. Ugh.

Last edited:

redheat

A real American hero
Reaction score
Got the text too and so pissed. How can you trade him to our most hated rival? I'm sorry but Nash should get booed the next time he comes back and our front office should hear about it too.. Any team but them!

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dude, multiple first-round picks. The Lakers can get their championships while the Suns suck (regardless), I don't care. As the Lakers fade, the Suns can MAYBE acquire a bevy of young talent.

Then again, we're talking about draft picks for one of the worst drafting FOs in basketball.

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
Dude, multiple first-round picks. The Lakers can get their championships while the Suns suck (regardless), I don't care. As the Lakers fade, the Suns can MAYBE acquire a bevy of young talent.

Then again, we're talking about draft picks for one of the worst drafting FOs in basketball.

Bingo.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I have zero problem with trading him to the Lakers. If that was the best deal on the table and where Nash wanted to go, then I'm cool with it. It's not like him playing in LA is going to prevent us from winning the championship in the next 3 years. Realistically winning a championship with the Thunder and Heat ruling the NBA will be next to impossible for a rapidly aging Bryant even if he has Nash. However, I could see Dwight now greenlighting a trade to the Lakers. Hopefully we snagged a couple unprotected future firsts from the Lakers and the wheels fall off their cart.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I never post here much these days, just a busy life going on, but this text from KTAR just has me riled up. Figured it needed its own thread.

Nash traded to Lakers for picks, all but a done deal?

I never get upset over sports stuff anymore, but this one has me seriously annoyed. Anyone else feel utterly betrayed by the Suns that they'd deal with one of our most hated rivals? Feel like I just got stabbed in the back.

Brutal. I hope this doesn't happen.

Frak them if it does. I don't want to watch him play with Kobe. Ugh. Ugh. Ugh.

Chandler Mike! What's up man?

Joe

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
Hopefully we snagged a couple unprotected future firsts from the Lakers and the wheels fall off their cart.

Highly doubt we get back a great deal. I'd be surprised if it wasn't lottery protected.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm in shock. IMO this was worst case scenario. I now have to actively root against Nash, his entire legacy is tainted in my eyes. Disgusted.

F this, F the NBA, F sarver, F Babby...

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Steve Nash may have laid the building blocks for the Suns future. Give Steve some assists.

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Can I actually root for the lakers to win the title, i'm telling myself yes right now, because steve winning a title means more to me than the lakers winning another but.. .

And i actually don't see this helping them much, their issue is that okc just runs right past them, westbrook will destroy steve. If they can move gasol and get more speed than maybe.

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
With the 28th pick in the 2013 NBA draft, the Phoenix Suns select (insert talentless European finess player with the suffix -ovic) . Oh the excitement... I want Nash to win a title but it's going to be awfully hard to see him celebrate with rapist Kobe and douchebag Bynum.

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
No way they make it to the end of the summer with all of them. Those can become assets to acquire other players, too.

Do you honestly believe this FO can actually turn those "assets" into useful players? I don't.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are there players involved? I'd like to get Sessions on a reasonable contract.

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
2015 pick has potential to be good. kobe will be 36,

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
2015 pick has potential to be good. kobe will be 36,

You do realize that the Lakers have the money and market to go get big players and field a darn good team every year right? They are never going to not be a playoff team IMO. Those dreaming of top 5 picks need to wake up. Kobe or not the Lakers will trade and acquire talent to stay on top. At best we'll get more middling draft picks 15-20 range which means we can waste time reading useless scouting reports and hear about how slinslin thinks we should get this guy because he is super athletic but has the IQ of a ******** goat.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns finally will have multiple draft picks. I hope they do not give them to NO for Gordon.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you honestly believe this FO can actually turn those "assets" into useful players? I don't.

I didn't believe they could turn Nash into anything useful, and they pulled this off. At this point I'll take blind hope. Trying so hard not to be so cynical.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
That's freakin' haul of draft picks, even if they're in the late round. No way they make it to the end of the summer with all of them. Those can become assets to acquire other players, too.

Yup. We're likely trading Nash for assets to get Eric Gordon. Whether thats a good or a bad thing is up for debate

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The only thing keeping me from proclaiming this a great trade is the protection of the picks. Folks, we just got 2 1st round picks and 2 2nd round picks for our 38 year old point guard who was an unrestricted free agent. He could have went to Toronto for jack squat! We didn't get a penny of salary either. These are great assets.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Don't get too attached to those picks, I'm sure they will belong to New Orleans soon.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can I actually root for the lakers to win the title, i'm telling myself yes right now, because steve winning a title means more to me than the lakers winning another but.. .

And i actually don't see this helping them much, their issue is that okc just runs right past them, westbrook will destroy steve. If they can move gasol and get more speed than maybe.

I don't know. Depending upon what they do with the rest of the team they are going to be just incredible offensively. I would have given my left nut to see Steve Nash/Gasol running the pick and roll together here. Steve Nash is going to get so many open shots on that team. If they can find a way to get player Howard now forget about it. They will easily be the favorites to win the next two championships. Without him I would still put them up there with OKC and Miami.

Joe