jlove

AZ Born and Bred!!!
Reaction score
Well, it's time to think elsewhere.

Gordon, Dragic and Beasley

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
This is the lowest point in Suns history. Without question. Sarver is a movie villain at this point. I think he's been a double agent for the Lakers all along. I wish nothing but ill on him. He is a monster.

So we get 2 1st rounders and 2nd rounders for a 38 year old PG who could have left for nothing while we are rebuilding but the owner is a villain? Sorry I don't get this logic

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I think it's #2 to the Spurs. I'm a native of this state and we've always hated the Lakers. So whatever :)

I'm a native as well and I think most the Lakers hate stems from jealousy. The only team in pro sports that can really drive me to feeling hate is the Suns, because that is the only team I truly care about. So when I see them set themselves up for failure(mediocrity, because that is the worst thing to be in the NBA) as they currently are I hate it.

Probably why I've become more of a Cardinals fan. I can enjoy their successes but I'm not emotionally invested enough for their failures to affect me that much(probably helps that they were truly terrible when I started following them regularly so the bar is low).

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nash and Hill are good friends so I can see them going together. It's not like the Suns were going to offer Grant Hill a large contract and he was part of their future. Both players have been extremely loyal to the Suns and have given the Suns their best. I'm not a Lakers fan, but if this is what Steve Nash wants this late in his career so be it. The Suns need go forward with youth and I can live with Steve Nash getting a championship with the Lakers. If there is one team I dislike more than the Lakers it's the Heat.

It's funny how Nash pulled this trade together. When he retires he needs to be the Suns future GM. He got something for the Suns as a free agent probably better than what the Suns FO could do.

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Well, this is the culmination of Sarver's great achievements with this franchise. Two straight lottery appearances for the first time in over 20 years or so and now the team is heading for a full rebuild with a couple late first round picks as its only real assets left from JJ, Marion, Amare and Nash, the team that Sarver inherited. I keep thinking, that is not the right way to transition. I don't think they ever really had a real plan.

Rebuild around what? Marshall and Morris? If Gordon does indeed come here, his contract will be up by the time the team even sniffs playoffs. Signing him is pointless now, and so is Beasley or Felton. I'd rather watch Marshall, Gortat and Dudley.

Well, at least if the Lakers win another title there will be a silver lining or two. Good luck to Steve and Grant. But losing two smart high-character veterans like those two will be costly. You want to develop young players, you need someone to mentor them. Plenty of young and much more talented teams have failed because of lack of veteran leadership.

Muggum

Registered
Reaction score
If you're happy about this deal, you're not a long-time Suns fan. You don't even know what it means to be a long-time Suns fan.

The fact that the picks won't amount to anything (which I promise, they won't) is not even factored into my hate.

If you're even looking at the logic of the deal, you not only don't understand the Suns, you don't understand sports.

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
This deal got done because of the 3.1 million. Sideshow Bob strikes again!!!!

People think they are sick now? Just wait till Hill signs (inevitable) and they trade Bynum for Howard. We are going to get Heat/Lakers in the Finals.

I still say Heat win though. Whose gonna stop LBJ? Hill? LMAO

Laker haters just became the worlds biggest heat fans.

And lol at people still propping up San Antonio. The new west order is Lakers, OKC, and Clippers. San Antonio is done contending.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If you're happy about this deal, you're not a long-time Suns fan. You don't even know what it means to be a long-time Suns fan.

The fact that the picks won't amount to anything (which I promise, they won't) is not even factored into my hate.

If you're even looking at the logic of the deal, you not only don't understand the Suns, you don't understand sports.

Is there handbook that will show me how to be a real Suns fan?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Luckily I could care less about your opinion. I don't need your validity. I have been a Suns fan since the beginning.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
And lol at people still propping up San Antonio. The new west order is Lakers, OKC, and Clippers. San Antonio is done contending.

No kidding. How could you watch them vs. OKC in the playoffs and come up with any other conclusion? SA and Dallas are screwed.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

This is ********. I like Nash, but I'm a fan of the Suns first and foremost. Try looking at the trade logically instead of emotionally.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score

I am a long time Suns fan and I do understand sports quite well. Like I said it sucks that he's going to the Lakers but we're rebuilding, he's 38 years old and an UFA. He could have gone to the Lakers for nothing and from the sounds of things he was about to.

Don't blame Sarver because Nash wanted to go to the Lakers and we got something in return

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score

Im a Suns fan but don't hate the Lakers. I hate San Antonio and Dallas a lot more. I have been a fan since 1992 and the Lakers and Suns have never been good at the same time. Why any fan would hate the Lakers more than SA is beyond me.

Hate to say it but saying Lakers and Suns are rivals is like saying ASU basketball and Arizona basketball are "rivals" - its a one sided affair. I know Laker fans don't consider uS their "rivals"

Muggum

Registered
Reaction score
No, you don't understand, I'm not only saying you're not a Suns fan, I'm saying you're not a sports fan.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
This deal got done because of the 3.1 million. Sideshow Bob strikes again!!!!

People think they are sick now? Just wait till Hill signs (inevitable) and they trade Bynum for Howard. We are going to get Heat/Lakers in the Finals.

I still say Heat win though. Whose gonna stop LBJ? Hill? LMAO

Laker haters just became the worlds biggest heat fans.

Howard is going to the Nets

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Nash to the Lakers? I'm so disgusted. I hope he gets booed.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Classy move by Sarver and Babby.
David Brickley: Steve Nash on Suns management: "I will never forget this gesture. Above and Beyond." Twitter