My first ever NFL game...

Karju

Reaction score
Hello to all you Cardinals fans...

Just wanted to ask some tips from all of you. I am a big fan of Football but living in Finland i have to just watch it from TV, but this coming winter i will be flying to the states and to LA, and i will there on week 16 of NFL. And the closest game at that week is in Arizona, so my first ever game will be Cardinals against Bears.

Bought tickets through stubhub, hope they are legit...
Thinking about staying the night so i dont have to drive with my rental car to the stadium, is there good transport system to get there?

Is there tailgaiting or something before the game? How long before the game are there people?

Any other tips?

Thanks in advance!

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are many places to stay around the stadium. Unfortunately it's location is remote compared to the airport and there is no good public transportation to get there.

You will likely need either a ride to the game or a car to drive there.

Many people on this board tailgate before the game and would welcome anyone coming to their first game. Tailgating can only begin 4 hours before the game so most arrive shortly thereafter.

Hope you have fun!

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
There are many places to stay around the stadium. Unfortunately it's location is remote compared to the airport and there is no good public transportation to get there.

You will likely need either a ride to the game or a car to drive there.

Many people on this board tailgate before the game and would welcome anyone coming to their first game. Tailgating can only begin 4 hours before the game so most arrive shortly thereafter.

Hope you have fun!

I agree with Chris.

But to clarify the situation. To get to the stadium location is hard, thus the remote comment. But once you are at the stadium, as he said you can find a bunch of places to stay that are literally across the street from the stadium.

Plus in the same "complex" as the stadium there are a host of restaurants, and places to go. So once you get to the stadium you can hang out in that area. Really no need to get a rental car unless you plan on sight seeing.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
This sounds strangely familiar.
http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/vb/f4/brazilian-needs-a-ride-to-cowboys-game-173227.html

Would be happy to hook you up with the same deal Rodrigo got.

That's because he originally posted a message on the official AZ cards board and I told him to come here and ask for the creepy guy with the van!! ;) I bumped the Rodrigo thread with a link to his original post.

This guy's name looks a lot less like murderer, so he's got that going for him! :)

ANDY440

Registered
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I'm giving him a ride, its legit.

Attachments

• finland.jpg
    finland.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 150
OP
OP
K

Karju

Reaction score
Thanks for the offer Andy, i will send you a message.
Dback Jon, i like your taste :)
It is also nice to see that the previous guy Rodrigo made it to the game, or atleast you took the effort to find a guy that looks Brazilian and take a picture with him! And by your sick sense of humor i think i will fit in nice...
I am coming with my then to be wife, and we are renting a car in LA and drive to Phoenix, maybe we will visit the grand canyon on the way and drive there in the morning, leave the car to the hotel and enjoy tailgating with few beers...

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The Phoenix suburbs stretch to the canyon these days, right???? Light rail? Oh wait, DONT RAISE MY TAXES!

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
It is also nice to see that the previous guy Rodrigo made it to the game, or atleast you took the effort to find a guy that looks Brazilian and take a picture with him! And by your sick sense of humor i think i will fit in nice...
I am coming with my then to be wife, and we are renting a car in LA and drive to Phoenix, maybe we will visit the grand canyon on the way and drive there in the morning, leave the car to the hotel and enjoy tailgating with few beers...

Speaking of beer, I heard on the radio this morning that the Dbacks have the cheapest beer prices in MLB followed by the Angels and the Rockies. Apparently $4.00 a glass. The most expensive is the Red Sox, followed by the Cardinals and the Blue Jays. I know this has nothing to do with football but considering most of us here enjoy a barley infused drink I thought I'd mention it.

TigToad

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Just so you are aware, it is about a 7-8 hour drive from Los Angeles to Phoenix. The Grand Canyon is about 5 hours north of Phoenix and isn't really on the way from LA. LA being more or less due West of Phoenix and the Grand Canyon being almost due North of Phoenix. The Grand Canyon is about a 90 minute drive from Las Vegas.

OP
OP
K

Karju

Reaction score
TigToad: Yeah we were planning that if would drive to Las Vegas, then to Crand Canyon and then to Phoenix and sleep on the way a few nights. But then again we could just drive straight there and back, i read there are some nice desert views on the way?

murrer

Reaction score
News from Brazil

Hi guys!

I should add to all that was said that for me, going to the game with Andy, his wife and friends was more than going to a game...it was an experience.

I tailgated with them...since 8 AM!!! They were AWESOME!

And the game, of course there was a game, was incredible. I saw the Cardinals beat the Cowboys with 2/3 of the stadium filled with Cowboys fans in a spetacular end.

I hope I can meet this guys again!

I hope you have a great game Karju!

Cheers!

Rodrigo

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Speaking of beer, I heard on the radio this morning that the Dbacks have the cheapest beer prices in MLB followed by the Angels and the Rockies. Apparently $4.00 a glass. The most expensive is the Red Sox, followed by the Cardinals and the Blue Jays. I know this has nothing to do with football but considering most of us here enjoy a barley infused drink I thought I'd mention it.

I heard that, too, though they broke it down by price per ounce to determine who was the cheapest and most expensive.

murrer

Reaction score
I tried to put some pictures from the game day but I am not allowed to...

For those who wants to see them, go to my page on facebook and look for the album from the game (Rodrigo Murrer)

Best wishes

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
TigToad: Yeah we were planning that if would drive to Las Vegas, then to Crand Canyon and then to Phoenix and sleep on the way a few nights. But then again we could just drive straight there and back, i read there are some nice desert views on the way?

Oxymoron.

If you drive the LA - Las Vegas - Phoenix route, you could drive through Sedona/Oak Creek Canyon for some nice views.

LA - Phoenix not so much.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I tried to put some pictures from the game day but I am not allowed to...

For those who wants to see them, go to my page on facebook and look for the album from the game (Rodrigo Murrer)

Best wishes

:thumbup:

You can PM them to me and I can include them in your post if you wish.

ANDY440

Registered
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Rodrigo & Fitz Rules
And the Half Time meet

Attachments

• Dal & Seah game SX & pan cats 002.jpg
    Dal & Seah game SX & pan cats 002.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 75
  • Dal & Seah game SX & pan cats 004.jpg
    Dal & Seah game SX & pan cats 004.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 80

Longcolts

Registered
Reaction score
I'd post pictures of a tail gate party too except I've never been to one. Nor since the Cards have moved to UoP I've not been able to attend again. I've filed for disability and since our government moves slower than Rod Graves I am unable to have a job while my case is pending. Strange thing is I'm allowed to have a job after I get my disability assuming that the total income for the year doesn't pass a certain point. So since I actually have to income to buy tickets for games, I'm guessing that should be sometime (hopefully) during the 2013 seasons. Thanks from me to all of you that do get to go and helping to sell out home games so that I get to watch even the home games.

Last edited:

murrer

Reaction score
I believe that after this post I will be allowed to post pics...

OP
OP
K

Karju

Reaction score
Nice pics here and also on your facebook murrer, It´s going to be a long 8 months wait... And thanks to all of your tips, i will take them under consideration when we decide where we go and when.

TigToad

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
This is how I would do it. Drive to Vegas, then to the Grand Canyon.

They are totally different experiences. If you're only getting a hotel one of those nights... I'd probably stay the Grand Canyon. It is very pretty. Vegas is great if you like gambling, but it is also a city with a lot of neon and gambling.