First time attending a home game!

seacow

Reaction score
Hi there, fellow Card fans! I’m asking for a wee bit of advice if you guys would be so kind.

I am Scottish and live in Edinburgh with no ties to AZ - odd that I’m a cardinals fan but hey ho.

I’m finally after all this time supporting the team will be making the trip over the pond and will be attending the falcons game for my very first home game. My question being, what would you recommend as a must do on game day? Ie certain foods to eat/ tailgating experience/ anything else you could think.

I just want to make the most of the experience as I can. Thanks for the help and go cards!

Reaction score
That's awesome seacow. I think you'll enjoy your time here no matter what. I'm not a season ticket holder so I don't go to many home games but I'm sure someone here can help you out. Definitely try some authentic Mexican food while you are here. You won't regret it!

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Maybe stop by the church for confession before the game. Divine intervention requires a clean soul...and there will be mass sinning during the game... Blasphemy, lord's name in vain ...that sort of thing.
Get to the stadium a few hours early. Mosey around the greatlawn a bit to find a tailgate. (Mosying is an American thing, ya gotta try it while you're here) ... Most tailgates sporting red will be happy to share their hospitality... Have a few beers before the game... maybe some barbecue.
But bring your own scotch. A good single malt is insanely expensive over here.

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
Check out the great lawn. Live band, football toss food and drink. Big Red and Cheer leaders are usually over there for a bit. Both will usually do pictures with you. On west side of stadium. Stadium only uses cards no cash. Across street is entertainment district north of stadium to go afterwards. Hope you have a great time!

TigToad

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Maybe stop by the church for confession before the game. Divine intervention requires a clean soul...and there will be mass sinning during the game... Blasphemy, lord's name in vain ...that sort of thing.
Get to the stadium a few hours early. Mosey around the greatlawn a bit to find a tailgate. (Mosying is an American thing, ya gotta try it while you're here) ... Most tailgates sporting red will be happy to share their hospitality... Have a few beers before the game... maybe some barbecue.
But bring your own scotch. A good single malt is insanely expensive over here.
Sadly, with their VAT, we may have cheaper single malts.

OP
OP
S

seacow

Reaction score
Thanks all for the suggestions - will keep them in mind! Very excited for it!

Where would be best to find cardinals merch? Would it be in the stadium itself?

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
For Cardinals merchandise, obviously the stadium team shop will have lots but it’s also the priciest. There is a Just Sports store in Westgate.
The cheapest/best option we have found is just Walmart, Sam’s club or Costco in the area around the stadium.

OP
OP
S

seacow

Reaction score
I have been in Edinburgh. I have eaten haggis!

There's trailers that sell Cards gear in parking lots.

Bring us a win!!

Dare I ask how you found the haggis? Personally I love it but appreciate it’s an acquired taste.

I’ll do my best!

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dare I ask how you found the haggis? Personally I love it but appreciate it’s an acquired taste.

I’ll do my best!

I was in the Sheraton Grand hotel not far from the castle. Haggis was on the menu, so I figured, what the hell? Pretty much the nicest hotel I've ever been in.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
As I recall on my trips to see a game, the great lawn was a fun experience and I even received several invitations to different tailgate parties. The hardest part was trying to get to each one and finding them.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Ughhhhh those az walmart gretters are the worst lol jkin

but yea not the best customers i shop at safeway or bashas not a millon homeless people there lol
Walmart is a great place for a tourist to get a solid dose of American redneckitude...the combination of rednecks, tweakers, and trailer trash let's a guy get a full dose of the worst and most colorful bits of our society.
As long as they don't go at 3am everything should be fine.