My favorite word is now - "interim"

sundevil04

AZ Cardinals Mortgage Guy
Reaction score
I think we can all agree that Horton will be offered at least one if not several head coaching jobs this offseason. With Wiz being an ex offensive coordinator and has had one of the, if not the worst offense in the NFL since Warner left, it's time to move on.

We should can Wiz NOW so we can have Horton step in as the INTERIM head coach and see what this guy can really do. No sense in letting Horton walk only to can Wiz next season and have to go coach hunting when we have one in our own back yard

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
I think we can all agree that Horton will be offered at least one if not several head coaching jobs this offseason. With Wiz being an ex offensive coordinator and has had one of the, if not the worst offense in the NFL since Warner left, it's time to move on.

We should can Wiz NOW so we can have Horton step in as the INTERIM head coach and see what this guy can really do. No sense in letting Horton walk only to can Wiz next season and have to go coach hunting when we have one in our own back yard
This is what we know:

Their most prolific weapon is a non-factor.

The season HAS slipped away. We are in last place in the division and likely to stay there. Someone is going to need to take responsibility for the mess it is. That someone is the owner Michael Bidwill. They've pretty much already pissed off a pretty decent fan base here, starting with the DA signing three yrs. back and continuing the suckdom for these three yrs. pretty much with a slight reprieve last yr after they were already out of the picture.

The overwhelming strength is the D. God help them if that becomes messed up going forward.

Toro

Registered
Reaction score
Horton isn't the hot item today that he was 6 weeks ago.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score

Why? His defense is still one of the top scoring defenses in the NFL. They've only given up more than 2 TDs one time in 11 games...they are the true bend but not break defense, force a ton of FG attempts. We upgrade CB opposite Peterson and upgrade Lennons spot and this defense gets even better.

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
There will not be a bunch of NFL teams beating down the door. He's a second year DC. We finally get someone here that does well and everybody thinks he's on his way out next year? For a HC job? Maybe Mesa Community College. He's not ready to be a HC and he can't go up any higher on the defensive gig thing. He might bounce for another DC job when his contract is up but yall must smoke more than I do.

OP
OP
sundevil04

sundevil04

Reaction score
Don't forget about the Rooney rule. That alone will put him in front of a decent amount of NFL teams. He's shown he is a very good coch and reportedly "wowed" us in his interview.

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Well just for fun what are the teams that are going to be looking for new HC this season? Pure speculation

Good possibility >70%

Eagles
Bills
Chiefs
Panthers
Chargers
Jets

Decent chance >40%

Cowboys
Cardinals

So some possible candidate HC teams will be after:
Whiz
Gaily
Garrett
Turner
Rivera
Reid
Crennel
Ryan

Horton and Arians could be the hot coordinator names coveted as head coaches. There are probably a few college coaches too. If the Cards let Whiz go I could easily see him getting on somewhere quickly. It could be an interesting off season.

If Whisenhunt gets canned you can bet this team will have to completely rebuild from the ground up. It could be quite a few years before the Cards are competitive again. Not to mention if the new guy wants to run say a 4-3 instead of a 3-4.

OP
OP
sundevil04

sundevil04

Reaction score
If Whisenhunt gets canned you can bet this team will have to completely rebuild from the ground up. It could be quite a few years before the Cards are competitive again. Not to mention if the new guy wants to run say a 4-3 instead of a 3-4.

We don't have to worry about the new coach changing the defense if the new coach is the defensive coordinator.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
We don't have to worry about the new coach changing the defense if the new coach is the defensive coordinator.

But if he's not it could be major rebuilding that could take years because coaches like having "their players".

Rats

Somanyfreaks,SofewCircus'
Reaction score
But if he's not it could be major rebuilding that could take years because coaches like having "their players".

Yeah Yeah Yeah, and we will start seeing Road Billboards going up with Whiz's picture saying " Miss me Yet" like we see with George Bush. I am ready to get this started...send the Whizzer packing...the longer we wait...the longer till we have hope of having a winner on the football field. Whiz hasn't got it done and has had 3 years without Warner to get there....he is not the answer. No more Apologys.

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

I'm ok with that. Every year Wiz stays is a year longer that process of moving forward is delayed.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Why would the defensive coordinator of a 4-7 team that just got man handled by the Rams be a hot commodity? I'm sure he will get looks, but I don't see how he is a top candidate for anyone.

Personally, I would take David Shaw over him in a minute.

Paso Fino

Veteran
Reaction score
There will not be a bunch of NFL teams beating down the door. He's a second year DC. We finally get someone here that does well and everybody thinks he's on his way out next year? For a HC job? Maybe Mesa Community College. He's not ready to be a HC and he can't go up any higher on the defensive gig thing. He might bounce for another DC job when his contract is up but yall must smoke more than I do.

I agree. Look around at all the OCs and Dcs that used to be HCs. Horton is a good defensive coordinator but that doesn't mean he would be a good head coach. Better to sign him to a good contract as DC. Speaking of former OCs that became a head coach and failed, add Whiz to the list.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah Yeah Yeah, and we will start seeing Road Billboards going up with Whiz's picture saying " Miss me Yet" like we see with George Bush. I am ready to get this started...send the Whizzer packing...the longer we wait...the longer till we have hope of having a winner on the football field. Whiz hasn't got it done and has had 3 years without Warner to get there....he is not the answer. No more Apologys.
:yeahthat:

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I feel bad for Skelton, week one Whiz basically tells Skelton he is better than Kevin Kolb. :bday::koolaid::thewave::fans:

By week 10 he basically tells Skelton he is worse than Lindley.

One of these days, Whiz is gonna mess with somebodies head so bad they will go all full metal. :p

Attachments

• skelton bathroom.jpg
    skelton bathroom.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 30

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score

It is not the style of the Cards to fire a coach like Whiz at this point in the season I rather doubt they are even discussing this at the ownership level yet. There biggest problem is finding a QB which is a problem for several teams in the NFL. Look at Pittsburgh without Big Ben. Just another team that has lost 2 since Ben went down. This team will always be an also run no matter who the coach is until we get a legit NFL QB.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score

The announcers yesterday said he was probably the number one guy in the NFL for a head coaching job. I think he will be gone and am about 90% confident of that. A new HC is not going to bring a new QB so in the big scheme of things it want matter much.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
The announcers yesterday said he was probably the number one guy in the NFL for a head coaching job. I think he will be gone and am about 90% confident of that. A new HC is not going to bring a new QB so in the big scheme of things it want matter much.

John Lynch IMO does not have the pulse of NFL owners. Just sayin.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score

Horton has nothing to lose IMHO by waiting to the end of the year to see what kind of offers he may get. He may get an offer that is much better than anything the Cards would offer and the worst thing that could happen is he keeps his current job. He would be foolish to sign a short term contract as Cards HC now and it is not a thing that I recall happening in the NFL in recent years. Whiz had a lot to do with bringing Horton here and I would think Horton would not betray his friendship with Whiz unless the Cards fired Whiz first. I really have my doubts as to whether Horton would accept a Cards offer as HC now even if Whiz was fired. The Cards have enough on their table now without firing Whiz. We would really look stupid IMHO and the writers would come down on us like a ton of bricks. They would unload on management which they should. We do not have enough good players not because of Whiz but because of management. The good HC's out there are few and the only ones available are ones without jobs. There should be no rush to do anything right now but to be ready to strike at years end if they indeed are going to fire Whiz. Firing him is still in doubt as far as I see. Fire the real cuprits the GM or whoever drafts and does trades. I would start by firing the guys who brought Kolb over for that absurd trade. Unfortunately the owner probably approved it.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Don't forget about the Rooney rule. That alone will put him in front of a decent amount of NFL teams. He's shown he is a very good coch and reportedly "wowed" us in his interview.

Interviews are a good tool but in the end a HC has to prove his worth on the field. Some people can talk the talk but cannot walk the walk. Remember Buddy Ryan promised us a championship. How long does Whiz still have on his contract? The Bidwills are not known for eating a lot of contract money. You can bet that will be a big part of the equation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard