My 2011 Season Predictions & Team records

ANDY440

Registered
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
This thread is giving me low self esteem.

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I think the lockout will end soon and there will be a full NFL season. With that in mind:

AFC EAST
New England Patriots 13-3
New York Jets 11-5
Miami Dolphins 8-8
Buffalo Bills 4-12

AFC NORTH
Baltimore Ravens 12-4
Pittsburgh Steelers 8-8
Cincinnati Bengals 6-10
Cleveland Browns 4-12

AFC SOUTH
Indianapolis Colts 12-4
Houston Texans 7-9
Tennessee Titans 7-9
Jacksonville Jaguars 5-11

AFC WEST
Oakland Raiders 11-5
San Diego Chargers 9-7
Kansas City Chiefs 8-8
Denver Broncos 4-12

AFC Champion: New England Patriots

NFC EAST
Philadelphia Eagles 11-5
New York Giants 10-6
Dallas Cowboys 7-9
Washington Redskins 5-11

NFC North
Green Bay Packers 14-2
Detroit Lions 9-7
Chicago Bears 6-10
Minnesota Vikings 5-11

NFC SOUTH
Atlanta Falcons 14-2
Tampa Bay Bucs 10-6
New Orleans Saints 10-6
Carolina Panthers 4-12

NFC WEST
San Francisco 49ers 10-6
St. Louis Rams 10-6
Seattle Seahawks 4-12
Arizona Cardinals 3-13

NFC Champion Atlanta Falcons

SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS: New England Patriots

MVP: Tom Brady
Coach of the Year: Mike Smith
OFF ROY: Julio Jones
DEF ROY: Prince Amukamara

I think this is going to be a transition year for several teams. It should be interesting to see how the Cardinals season plays out. I do not think they are going to be much better than 3-13, no matter what they do in FA, which if you use history as a guideline isn't much. The good news is that they have a real shot at Luck as I do not think there are that many teams that are as bad off as the Cardinals and need a QB. The bad news is he may not have that much talent to throw to if the Cards do end up drafting him.

Oakland could be a real surprise team this year as and Detroit's rebuilding is nearing completion and they are poised to be a very good team in 2012 and beyond. This could also be the last good years for the AFC Powerhouses: New England still has defense problems and Brady is getting older. Manning is entering his 14th year and their D remains shaky at times. The core of Baltimore's D is getting long in the tooth and San Diego was never quite able to utilize all that talent. There is a huge gap in the haves and the have nots in the AFC. It should be interesting to see who is going to step up and fill the power vacuum in the AFC once NE, IND, BAL and SAN tumble. The NFC is becoming the premier conference with some very good teams.

Last edited:

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
1) I also think the Cards will blow regardless of what we do at QB & free agency which is exactly why I don't want the Cards giving away their #1 for Kolb. Cards will win between 3-5 games.

2) I think the D is still be well below what many on this board think & IMO we're still without a game changing edge rusher. We have some quality players on D but not enough play makers or game changers IMO.

3) I think Breaston will be wearing another uni & if the FA period opens up I can see Deuce & THT going elsewhere. Deuce is still pissed at the Cards & if he sees a chance to bolt he will.

4) IMO the human snail screwed up with #11's last contract & I fear he bolts after a slow start record wise, refusing to extend his deal.

5) Until Mr. B is gone from this earth the Cards will continue struggling to field a consistant winner because of his love of $$$. Bidwill just isn't competitive enough to win consistantly. The last 3 offseasons have proven to me we're still the same ole...

Last edited:

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
DarksIIIIIIIIIIIIIDDDDDDDDDDeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

ARodg

All Star
Reaction score
I don't think the Packers will go 14-2. I think 12-4 is more realistic.

I do think the Packers at least make the Superbowl though. The Falcons still haven't fixed that defense.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
3 wins IMO should absolutely mean Graves is out of a job and put Whisenhunt on firm notice.

ARodg

All Star
Reaction score
1) I also think the Cards will blow regardless of what we do at QB & free agency which is exactly why I don't want the Cards giving away their #1 for Kolb. Cards will win between 3-5 games.

2) I think the D is still be well below what many on this board think & IMO we're still without a game changing edge rusher. We have some quality players on D but not enough play makers or game changers IMO.

3) I think Breaston will be wearing another uni & if the FA period opens up I can see Deuce & THT going elsewhere. Deuce is still pissed at the Cards & if he sees a chance to bolt he will.

4) IMO the human snail screwed up with #11's last contract & I fear he bolts after a slow start record wise, refusing to extend his deal.

5) Until Mr. B is gone from this earth the Cards will continue struggling to field a consistant winner because of his love of $$$. Bidwill just isn't competitive enough to win consistantly. The last 3 offseasons have proven to me we're still the same ole...

Agree with all of this

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score

That's surely what their history would indicate. After Coryell's last team went 10-6 it was 7 years before they had another winning season.

After Lomax terrific 1984 season it was 14 years before they had another winning season.

They finally get their first playoff win in 1998 and it is 10 years before they have another winning season.

BigRedFan

Registered
Reaction score
Actually Coryell's last year was 7-7, I think the year before they were 10-4. (only a 14 game schedule anyway) but of course the point still well made.

That's surely what their history would indicate. After Coryell's last team went 10-6 it was 7 years before they had another winning season.

After Lomax terrific 1984 season it was 14 years before they had another winning season.

They finally get their first playoff win in 1998 and it is 10 years before they have another winning season.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Actually Coryell's last year was 7-7, I think the year before they were 10-4. (only a 14 game schedule anyway) but of course the point still well made.

I meant to say last winning team. And yes it was 10-4. That's what I get for posting late at night. :D

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
With no official workouts and no free agency, it is extremely premature to start making these sort of predictions. Especially in the NFC West, where there was a 2 game difference between the first and last place teams. One or two key FA movements or trades could shake up the entire division.

All I'll say is 3-13 is not going to happen, even if the only QB we're left with is Skelton. I've read and listened to journalist who strongly believe the Cardinals are the favorites to win the NFC West if we get a competent quarterback after the CBA is completed. The other day, I read a column by Jeff Chadiha that stated we were Superbowl contenders if we traded for Kevin Kolb :koolaid:

Just having a QB not named Derek Anderson under center is going to make this team better IMO. How much better has yet to be determined.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I think the lockout will end soon and there will be a full NFL season. With that in mind:

AFC EAST
New England Patriots 13-3
New York Jets 11-5
Miami Dolphins 8-8
Buffalo Bills 4-12

AFC NORTH
Baltimore Ravens 12-4
Pittsburgh Steelers 8-8
Cincinnati Bengals 6-10
Cleveland Browns 4-1

AFC SOUTH
Indianapolis Colts 12-4
Houston Texans 7-9
Tennessee Titans 7-9
Jacksonville Jaguars 5-11

AFC WEST
Oakland Raiders 11-5
San Diego Chargers 9-7
Kansas City Chiefs 8-8
Denver Broncos 4-12

AFC Champion: New England Patriots

NFC EAST
Philadelphia Eagles 11-5
New York Giants 10-6
Dallas Cowboys 7-9
Washington Redskins 5-11

NFC North
Green Bay Packers 14-2
Detroit Lions 9-7
Chicago Bears 6-10
Minnesota Vikings 5-11

NFC SOUTH
Atlanta Falcons 14-2
Tampa Bay Bucs 10-6
New Orleans Saints 10-6
Carolina Panthers 4-12

NFC WEST
San Francisco 49ers 10-6
St. Louis Rams 10-6
Seattle Seahawks 4-12
Arizona Cardinals 3-13

NFC Champion Atlanta Falcons

SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS: New England Patriots

MVP: Tom Brady
Coach of the Year: Mike Smith
OFF ROY: Julio Jones
DEF ROY: Prince Amukamara

I think this is going to be a transition year for several teams. It should be interesting to see how the Cardinals season plays out. I do not think they are going to be much better than 3-13, no matter what they do in FA, which if you use history as a guideline isn't much. The good news is that they have a real shot at Luck as I do not think there are that many teams that are as bad off as the Cardinals and need a QB. The bad news is he may not have that much talent to throw to if the Cards do end up drafting him.

Oakland could be a real surprise team this year as and Detroit's rebuilding is nearing completion and they are poised to be a very good team in 2012 and beyond. This could also be the last good years for the AFC Powerhouses: New England still has defense problems and Brady is getting older. Manning is entering his 14th year and their D remains shaky at times. The core of Baltimore's D is getting long in the tooth and San Diego was never quite able to utilize all that talent. There is a huge gap in the haves and the have nots in the AFC. It should be interesting to see who is going to step up and fill the power vacuum in the AFC once NE, IND, BAL and SAN tumble. The NFC is becoming the premier conference with some very good teams.

The Cardinals will end up as good as the play of our QB. Whoever he is. Maybe 1st maybe last. That is the way of the NFL. A QB was always our greatest need and still is.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score

I suspect you are correct with Mr. Bidwill assessment. The apple generally does not fall far from the tree so lets hope his son rolled down some hill when he fell from the tree. I by no means think Mr. B. has given up total control of this team. I would think any major deal would still require his stamp of approval. I do not think winning has ever been a big priority of Mr. B. Guys like Mark Cuban have a priority of winning over making money.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Hard to say before free agency. I don't think that additions are going to matter as much as losses. It sounds counterintuitive, but gaining a player in this environment is going to be a much bigger challenge w/r/t integrating him into a new system than it will be keeping your own.

If we lose Lutui and Branch in free agency (a greater than 50% chance of happening, IMO), then that would hurt this team FAR MORE than it will help the teams that get him. This offseason especially, teams should overpay to keep their own, even (especially?) mid-level players that have time in the system.

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
With no official workouts and no free agency, it is extremely premature to start making these sort of predictions. Especially in the NFC West, where there was a 2 game difference between the first and last place teams. One or two key FA movements or trades could shake up the entire division.

All I'll say is 3-13 is not going to happen, even if the only QB we're left with is Skelton. I've read and listened to journalist who strongly believe the Cardinals are the favorites to win the NFC West if we get a competent quarterback after the CBA is completed. The other day, I read a column by Jeff Chadiha that stated we were Superbowl contenders if we traded for Kevin Kolb :koolaid:

Just having a QB not named Derek Anderson under center is going to make this team better IMO. How much better has yet to be determined.

I agree it's premature to make these assessments now, but I just wanted to do something to get my mi d off the lockout and on football. That said, the Cards are going to be nowhere near the division title this year no matter who their QB is. This defense is a joke and has been for several years now with the exception of a few flashes of hope. The O line is just as bad and this coaching staff has yet to maximize the talent on this roster. DA or Skelton is not the answer for QB for this team. Neither is Kolb or Bulger. I don't know who is, but there is now way this team led by this coaching staff, with this D and Oline drastically improve from last years performance with Kolb or Bulger over DA.

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I agree it's premature to make these assessments now, but I just wanted to do something to get my mi d off the lockout and on football. That said, the Cards are going to be nowhere near the division title this year no matter who their QB is. This defense is a joke and has been for several years now with the exception of a few flashes of hope. The O line is just as bad and this coaching staff has yet to maximize the talent on this roster. DA or Skelton is not the answer for QB for this team. Neither is Kolb or Bulger. I don't know who is, but there is now way this team led by this coaching staff, with this D and Oline drastically improve from last years performance with Kolb or Bulger over DA.
I love these positive posts the most. :D

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score

The defense last season was a sum of parts and not a whole. Dockett, AW and DRC are pro bowlers and CC and Rhodes are pro bowl caliber. And Patrick Peterson is gong to be a freak in coverage. We have OLBs that can grow into successful pass rushers. O'Brien Schofield is going to be a stud IMO and Sam Acho can produce in his first season. Don't forget Daryl Washington inside, who I think is going to break out. Bottom line: we have good pieces already, they just need competent leadership and a solid game plan. The best move the FO has made was replacing Billy Davis with Horton. Don't discount that move. Some players admitted to "checking out" mid season because they were confused and hopeless. Better leadership will diminish that mentality.

We need help in certain areas, but I think improved leadership on defense is going to be the major difference.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
The best move the FO has made was replacing Billy Davis with Horton.

Let's hope so.

The Cards under CKW have given up an average of 396 points a season. 1584 points in 4 seasons. Included in that are 651 points allowed the last 8 games of 2007 thru 2008 with Warner at QB! 27 points a game with one of the best offenses in the NFL.

Then there's the 45,45 playoff debacle that followed the best points allowed defense of the CKW era in 2009.

I don't think that even with Kolb or Orton or Bulger or Skelator this offense can generate enough points a game to win if the D doesn't improve.

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The defense last season was a sum of parts and not a whole. Dockett, AW and DRC are pro bowlers and CC and Rhodes are pro bowl caliber. And Patrick Peterson is gong to be a freak in coverage. We have OLBs that can grow into successful pass rushers. O'Brien Schofield is going to be a stud IMO and Sam Acho can produce in his first season. Don't forget Daryl Washington inside, who I think is going to break out. Bottom line: we have good pieces already, they just need competent leadership and a solid game plan. The best move the FO has made was replacing Billy Davis with Horton. Don't discount that move. Some players admitted to "checking out" mid season because they were confused and hopeless. Better leadership will diminish that mentality.

We need help in certain areas, but I think improved leadership on defense is going to be the major difference.
No question about it TJ, this D has major talent. It just never translated well that is my big fear with them . The fact that so many of them got discouraged and mailed it in tells me this D is full of softies which was evident in a lot of games last year. Question is are they mentally talented enough to play to their potential when the going gets tough? We were all sold on how Whiz was going to bring a mental toughness to this team and how Grimm was going to make this a smash mouth Oline. it's going into the fifth year with this regime and I am still waiting for it to happen.

Buckybird

Reaction score
Hard to say before free agency. I don't think that additions are going to matter as much as losses. It sounds counterintuitive, but gaining a player in this environment is going to be a much bigger challenge w/r/t integrating him into a new system than it will be keeping your own.

If we lose Lutui and Branch in free agency (a greater than 50% chance of happening, IMO), then that would hurt this team FAR MORE than it will help the teams that get him. This offseason especially, teams should overpay to keep their own, even (especially?) mid-level players that have time in the system.

I agree

Buckybird

Reaction score

I still say as of right now we still don't have the personel to run an effective 3-4 defense

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
The team has too much talent for a record like 3-13, if we're 3-13 they need to fire anyone who made a decision on this team down to who picked out the team napkins.

Graves is safe no matter what happens in reality, there is nothing he could do performance wise IMO that will remove him from his job.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Um, dude:

1982: 5-4
1983: 8-7-1
1984: 9-7

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson