Murray may not run at Pro Day Today (3/13)

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
A thought as I watch Flight Plan:

Does Kyler Murray love the game of football?
I would guess yes. He gave millions of dollars back to thew Oakland A's to pursue this dream.

But that's up to the scouts to figure out ultimately.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
If that question has to be asked to a prospective first-round pick, let alone a potential #1 pick, that's a huge red flag.

TJ, I'm really, really tired of your side trotting out the idea the Murray doesn't love football, or that he is somehow divided between football and baseball.

Murray was born to be a football player. Here's the proof:

He was drafted by the A's, and signed his major league contract well before the 2018 college football season started.

He had a pro baseball contract, a $5,000,000 signing bonus, and a career as a professional athlete, all in hand. He was set for life bro.

For life.

But with all of that in his back pocket, with nothing but freshly cut green grass, batting practice, and seventh-inning-stretches ahead of him, he still chose to risk it all, playing, for free, the incredibly violent game of football. He loves football TJ. He loves it more than you can ever comprehend.

So you just think about this sir, before the next time you type out how "baseball is a red flag" for Murray.

Shame on you and your minions.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
TJ, I'm really, really tired of your side trotting out the idea the Murray doesn't love football, or that he is somehow divided between football and baseball.

He was drafted by the A's, and signed his major league contract well before the 2018 college football season started.

He had a pro baseball contract, a $5,000,000 signing bonus, and a career as a professional athlete, all in hand. He was set for life bro.

For life.

But with all of that in his back pocket, with nothing but freshly cut green grass, batting practice, and seventh-inning-stretches ahead of him, he still chose to risk it all, playing, for free, the incredibly violent game of football. He loves football TJ. He loves it more than you can ever comprehend.

So you just think about this sir, before the next time you type out how "baseball is a red flag" for Murray.

Agreed. Football is his first love but, unlike most, he has a fall back if things don't go to his liking. That last part may be a concern to some.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score

For life.

\
CW-get real.Do you think that if murray had just had a average season and Not won the Heisman trophy and just been hyped a middling QB prospect he would have given up baseball? I call BS CW.I think Murray goes where he thinks he can cash in the most.I don`t buy the "all in" crap about football....just less than a year ago he was "all-in' on baseball.The only thing Murray is :"all-in" on his getting his dollars.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Considering the beating he took last year and the fact he kept coming back for more? Oh, hell yeah.

This is a silly. Did you expect him to retire midway through year 1? What choice did he have but to get up and keep playing. I’m sure that both Rosen & Murray love to play football. It comes down to who is better equipped to lead this team to wins for years to come. The Cardinals will make their choice & some will be happy & some won’t. If the Cardinals choose correctly, it’ll be a minor miracle. If we don’t, we’ll enter back into the Same Ol Cardinals discussion. Let’s all pray that whatever decision they make, it plays out ok for us.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
\
CW-get real.Do you think that if murray had just had a average season and Not won the Heisman trophy and just been hyped a middling QB prospect he would have given up baseball? I call BS CW.I think Murray goes where he thinks he can cash in the most.I don`t buy the "all in" crap about football....just less than a year ago he was "all-in' on baseball.The only thing Murray is :"all-in" on his getting his dollars.

He chose pro football over pro baseball once he found out he could play football for a living, that's true BW52. No one is arguing that sir.

And, were dollars a factor in choosing pro football over pro baseball? Probably. Most likely. That's the business side of the decision.

But, before any pro football dollars were ever on the table, he risked his baseball career to play football for free. Just think about that for a second man. What does that tell you?

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
He chose pro football over pro baseball once he found out he could play football for a living, that's true BW52. No one is arguing that sir.

And, were dollars a factor in choosing pro football over pro baseball? Probably. Most likely. That's the business side of the decision.

But, before any pro football dollars were ever on the table, he risked his baseball career to play football for free. Just think about that for a second man. What does that tell you?
And you think he didn`t have some sort of insurance coverage to cover his butt?His family wasn`t dumb enough to NOT cover that in case of injury .

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
May I remind you of the year 2003
The Cardinals had pick 10 and they traded it for picks 17 AND 18

The Ravens got
Terrell Suggs with pick 10

The Cardinals got
Bryant Johnson pick 17
Calvin Pace pick 18

15 years later the Cards are still looking at that trade in the face
I
Always remember wherever your team is picking is where they should be picking.

Cardinals should be picking first and taking whomever their guy is and don't look back. More does not mean better...remember the Suggs trade

If you could walk away with Josh Allen and greedy Williams it would be worth it...

For life.

That’s really not proof of anything...

In fact he barely made his decision 3 weeks ago himming and hawing about which route he wanted to go.

He has an out at the first sign of trouble in the NFL.

You acting as though it isn’t a legitimate concern is what’s laughable...

We get it you’re a fanboy. But dismissing the baseball angle completely is just plain dumb.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Would Kyler Murray have had he year he had at OU last year at LSU, MICH, TAMU, etc? Lincoln Riley's offense makes QB's, I expect Jalen Hurts to win the Heisman next year (if he is eligible to play next year) if not then Spencer Rattler.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Would Kyler Murray have had he year he had at OU last year at LSU, MICH, TAMU, etc? Lincoln Riley's offense makes QB's, I expect Jalen Hurts to win the Heisman next year (if he is eligible to play next year) if not then Spencer Rattler.

1st bolded - that's fair, but I would also offer that Riley's QBs benefit long-term from his coaching overseascardfan. He teaches them, and develops their abilities, and so playing with Riley is a positive.

2nd bolded - From your lips to God's ear sir.. thank you. Hurts is eligible, and is going to put some hurt on the Evil Empire in Austin this upcoming year. It's going to be glorious.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
1st bolded - that's fair, but I would also offer that Riley's QBs benefit long-term from his coaching overseascardfan. He teaches them, and develops their abilities, and so playing with Riley is a positive.

2nd bolded - From your lips to God's ear sir.. thank you. Hurts is eligible, and is going to put some hurt on the Evil Empire in Austin this upcoming year. It's going to be glorious.

Rattler is the next one...

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

My concern CW is that unless Kingbury is running a shotgun based spread offense exactly like Riley's, Murray is going to struggle. He took drop backs at his pro day and was applauded for it because he looked natural, he should have, he had 3 months to work on it. I would have like to see him in 7 on 7 drills taking snaps from someone other than a coach facing him and handing him the ball with OL/DL lined up right in front of him. Pro days are overrated, they aren't any different than the Combine with the exception that the player is in a familiar environment working with his own teammates and coaches, that is why agents advise their clients to not participate at Combine in drills.

Dan H

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I fully admit the guy has talent, I just would much rather trade down if we don't pick Bosa. You don't park a Corvette in the garage when there are holes in the roof.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
My concern CW is that unless Kingbury is running a shotgun based spread offense exactly like Riley's, Murray is going to struggle. He took drop backs at his pro day and was applauded for it because he looked natural, he should have, he had 3 months to work on it. I would have like to see him in 7 on 7 drills taking snaps from someone other than a coach facing him and handing him the ball with OL/DL lined up right in front of him. Pro days are overrated, they aren't any different than the Combine with the exception that the player is in a familiar environment working with his own teammates and coaches, that is why agents advise their clients to not participate at Combine in drills.

I think that's perfectly fair sir. You seem to be a student of the game, and I appreciate your contributions to the discussion.

FWIW, it appears the Cardinals have scheduled a private workout with Murray. I Hope they address the items you note above.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Three roads to choose. 1. Draft Murray , trade Rosen. 2. Draft Bosa , keep Rosen. 3. Trade pick for a boatload of picks. For the sake of discussion if the Raiders offered us #4,27 and 35 to take Murray, even if the jets or 49ers trade down we would still have a shot at one of the “ big” 3. If the Raiders trade up for Bosa then Murray could still be there at 4 which opens up a whole new set of possibilities.