Morey, Merritt re-signed

Reaction score
According to John Clayton's ESPN Insider Blog:

Cards up and running: Now that the Larry Fitzgerald contract has been approved, the Cardinals are back in business. On Tuesday, they re-signed wide receivers Sean Morey and Ahmad Merritt to bring their roster to a league-low 50. Expect about four or five more signings at the minimum salary over the next few days. The 24-day wait for Fitzgerald to get a new four-year, $40 million contract cost the Cardinals a chance to truly improve their team in free agency.

Last edited:

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Cards up and running: Now that the Larry Fitzgerald contract has been approved, the Cardinals are back in business. On Tuesday, they re-signed wide receivers Sean Morey and Ahmad Merritt to bring their roster to a league-low 50. Expect about four or five more signings at the minimum salary over the next few days. The 24-day wait for Fitzgerald to get a new four-year, $40 million contract cost the Cardinals a chance to truly improve their team in free agency.
yup

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score

Sickening

PoolBoy

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
im happy morey is back, yea he isn't a good WR, but he is a great special teams player.
do we forget the two blocked punts last year, one being HUGE in the seattle game.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
This team is in bad, bad shape.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
These may not be headline-making signings, but they're the type that all teams need. Morey's a special team's ace and should fill out the #4 or #5 spot, either right before or after Breaston. Merritt (sp?) is a camp body that may make the roster as the last receiver. We still need a #3, IMO, but we have time.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
this team has been in bad bad shape for 50 years lol :) aww life as a cardinal fan

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Amazing how some people can take a positive thing and turn it into a negative. Sometimes this board reminds me of a Country Western song.;)

TruColor

Trombonist in Roger Goodell's Wedding Rcpt.
Reaction score
Amazing how some people can take a positive thing and turn it into a negative. Sometimes this board reminds me of a Country Western song.;)

"My Wife Ran Off With My Best Friend - And I Miss Him"

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"The Arizona Cardinals - It could be worse."

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score

It is a bunch of hoopla.

Alan Faneca and Devery Henderson are the only Free Agents that I have seen sign somewhere else that I could see truly improving the team.

But at 50 mil ? I don't even see Faneca as that as much of a loss.

But I am in the vast minority with 40yearfan.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Amazing how some people can take a positive thing and turn it into a negative. Sometimes this board reminds me of a Country Western song.;)[/QUO

The Cards were the worst team in the NFL in 2003 statistically-dead last in points scored and points allowed. They are light years better than that now. What's negative about saying that?

Your continual negative posts about the posters on this board make it hard for me to read any of the threads. :p

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Amazing how some people can take a positive thing and turn it into a negative. Sometimes this board reminds me of a Country Western song.;)[/QUO

The Cards were the worst team in the NFL in 2003 statistically-dead last in points scored and points allowed. They are light years better than that now. What's negative about saying that?

Your continual negative posts about the posters on this board make it hard for me to read any of the threads. :p

You know I wasn't talking about you, dopus.:trout:

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

You know I wasn't talking about you, dopus.:trout:
:biglaugh:He called you a dopus (wtf?) and dished out the seafood smackdown!!

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
He called you a dopus (wtf?) and dished out the seafood smackdown!!

From Webster's: Dopus: An extremely intelligent and well to do Arizona Cardinal Fan who will occasionally make weird statements as a result of too much exposure to the sun from attending football games at Sun Devil Stadium in September.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From Webster's: Dopus: An extremely intelligent and well to do Arizona Cardinal Fan who will occasionally make weird statements as a result of too much exposure to the sun from attending football games at Sun Devil Stadium in September.

4/5

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alaskabustergreen