Monday's Ten Thoughts Game 3

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
I would make the trade with certain conditions. The picks would have to be above #10 and of course his contract would have to make sense as to length and amount. If we kept the picks and had two top 10 selections we should be able to find one starting LT????????

We have only played 3 games and I am not ready to throw in the towell. Two more games and I may be if they are played like this. Look what the addition of Andrew Luck has done for the Colts. From last place to a contender. That is what a dominant QB can do for you. Big Ben sure got it handed to him by the Bears. Peyton Manning is still Peyton Manning and may be the best QB to ever play in the NFL. He turned Denver from a decent team into a possible Superbowl team. Kepperneck came back to earth and may not be the superstar many of us have proclaimed him to be. The problem I see with the running QBs is the risk of injury at some point in the season. I do not care how elusive you are or how fast there will come a time when you get nailed. It is just a matter of time. Manning is almost a stationary QB but gets the ball off so darn fast and recognizes the defenses so well it is very hard to ever get a good hit on him. Our QB is sure not elusive but few would escape the rush of the Saints LT against Levi. That guy was around Levi by 3 feet before you could count to two. I think a more mobile faster defender rather than Levi would work much better. These guys make Levi look like he is standing still. Clearly we looked awful against the Saints. Most teams have in their house. If you have a team that is really poor at defending the QB would it not make sense to develop the no huddle defense? That is part of what makes Manning so hard to tackle. The defense does not have time to set up or plan their defense. Levi is not going to get any better I do not think. We actually did pick up some good RB's this year. Mendenhall is still a good RB and Pittsburgh misses him.

I saw a piece on Manning the other day and they put a clock on him to show how fast he gets the ball out and they showed 5-6 different plays and the clock never got close to 3 seconds. I suspect he is an alien.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
I dont know how that can already be the word, Palmer can play just fine. Throwing a fresh greenhorn rookie into the fire isnt going to help much. Even if we draft a blue chip QB I would prefer he sits and learns for a year or two like rodgers did. Palmer can win games just fine.

The million $$$ question is whether BA is willing to draft that kid. Also, unless we win between 2-4 games that isn't even an option probably unless we are willing to trade 2 years worth of high draft picks.

I would, but would Arians?

Vermont Maverick

Registered
Reaction score
When I watched Andrew Luck play inside the pocket yesterday it was textbook versus the 49ers. When Aldon Smith over-committed wide, Luck bought time inside the pocket and then ran with it for good yards when he needed to.

Makes one wonder whether there is serious interest on BASK's part in Clemson QB Taj Boyd, whom SK went to scout this past week.

Would you trade the 2014 and 2015 1st round picks to Cleveland for LT Joe Thomas? (assuming that is what it would take to acquire him)

Good stuff, Mitch. Some positive and some negative.

I watch Luck and Manning every week. It is a truly enjoyable. Until I think about watching our QBs. Then it's pretty depressing.

Boyd was TURRIBLE last game. TURRIBLE. If SK went to that game, we won't be taking him. I'm pretty torn on Boyd, especially after that. Maybe it was just a blip.

Not two firsts. I would trade one and a second, however.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I dont know how that can already be the word, Palmer can play just fine. Throwing a fresh greenhorn rookie into the fire isnt going to help much. Even if we draft a blue chip QB I would prefer he sits and learns for a year or two like rodgers did. Palmer can win games just fine.

if Palmer's on a really good team, with a good O-line, a good running game and good recievers and a very good defense, he can win...okay. The fact that he's never really elevated a team above it's problems calls into question the idea that he can really be a winning QB on a regular basis. The Bengals were a disaster for the majority of the time when he was there. He leaves and they immediately go to the playoffs two years in a row and look headed there again.

he's really yet to prove he can win at any regularity in this league. Rodgers could sit on the bench and the Pack could afford to have him there because Favre was a) one of the best QBs of all time and b) because they were still winning.

we and Palmer are seemingly nowhere near the same situation.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
if Palmer's on a really good team, with a good O-line, a good running game and good recievers and a very good defense, he can win...okay. The fact that he's never really elevated a team above it's problems calls into question the idea that he can really be a winning QB on a regular basis. The Bengals were a disaster for the majority of the time when he was there. He leaves and they immediately go to the playoffs two years in a row and look headed there again.

he's really yet to prove he can win at any regularity in this league. Rodgers could sit on the bench and the Pack could afford to have him there because Favre was a) one of the best QBs of all time and b) because they were still winning.

we and Palmer are seemingly nowhere near the same situation.

Darn, I never really looked at it that way. Thanks for ruining my week. Aren't you writers supposed to come up with happy endings. :D

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is every QB. Palmer is more than that, come on now.

I don't believe this. Josh Freeman has a all those things and stinks. Every QB that we've had in the last three years could have all those things and we'd still be at best 8-8.

And I really don't see the evidence for how Palmer is better then what I described.

He's an average QB, with no mobility, who gets rattled easy and throws terrible picks at really inopportune times. That's what he's been since he destroyed his knee back in the playoff game 7 years ago. And before anyone accuses me of hating the Cardinals and hating everything we do, I've been saying the same exact things about him for years. When he was holding out with the Bengals years ago and people wanted him, I said the same thing. When he did the same thing with the Raiders and people wanted him, I said the same thing.

He is what he is. An average QB who just doesn't have the intangibles to elevate the play of his team. A good band-aid, but nothing else, IMO.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I don't believe this. Josh Freeman has a all those things and stinks. Every QB that we've had in the last three years could have all those things and we'd still be at best 8-8.

And I really don't see the evidence for how Palmer is better then what I described.

He's an average QB, with no mobility, who gets rattled easy and throws terrible picks at really inopportune times. That's what he's been since he destroyed his knee back in the playoff game 7 years ago. And before anyone accuses me of hating the Cardinals and hating everything we do, I've been saying the same exact things about him for years. When he was holding out with the Bengals years ago and people wanted him, I said the same thing. When he did the same thing with the Raiders and people wanted him, I said the same thing.

He is what he is. An average QB who just doesn't have the intangibles to elevate the play of his team. A good band-aid, but nothing else, IMO.

I have to admit I disagreed with you initially but after watching him play he has proved to be exactly what you described. I thought for sure he'd be a huge improvement over Kolb and Skelton but so far his numbers are just as bad. Do the Fates that control football just hate us?

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have to admit I disagreed with you initially but after watching him play he has proved to be exactly what you described. I thought for sure he'd be a huge improvement over Kolb and Skelton but so far his numbers are just as bad. Do the Fates that control football just hate us?
Once again the doom and gloom of the likes of Cheese and K9 proves correct.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard