Monday Night Two Weeks in a Row

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Screw that. We dont need anymore national attention. Especially against a piss poor team that we shouldnt lose to but will.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So how long has it been since MNF for us, the game that got Buddy fired?

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
According to http://www.raiders.com/newsroom/newsroomNewsDetail.jsp?id=28202, if the A's make it to the World Series, the Cardinals game in two weeks will be played on Monday Night at 7:00.

The horrible thing about it would be the fact that if the game is moved, it would end up making that game a packed house for the Cards to play in front of but if it stays on Sunday, the black hole will have more empty seats. Those fools in Oakland love to parade around on Monday Nights...even if it isn't a nationally televised game. Most Raider fans cannot read so they will think the entire country is watching them.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wikipedia says;

Williams is infamous for being the player who delivered the tackle which ended Hall of Fame San Francisco 49ers' Quarterback Steve Young's career. Williams came in on a cornerback blitz from Young's blindside, and came up with a clean hit. This occurred on national television, a Monday Night Football game, and declined to show Young unconscious on the field for quite a few minutes. The hit subsequently ended Young's tenure in the NFL as it resulted in a severe concussion, which was just one of many in the quarterback's career.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wikipedia says;

Williams is infamous for being the player who delivered the tackle which ended Hall of Fame San Francisco 49ers' Quarterback Steve Young's career. Williams came in on a cornerback blitz from Young's blindside, and came up with a clean hit. This occurred on national television, a Monday Night Football game, and declined to show Young unconscious on the field for quite a few minutes. The hit subsequently ended Young's tenure in the NFL as it resulted in a severe concussion, which was just one of many in the quarterback's career.

Hmm, must have made my memory fuzzy too.:D

That was a great hit I remember it but just didn't recall it being on a MNF game.

thanks.

Scott MS

Registered
Reaction score
Hmm, must have made my memory fuzzy too.:D

That was a great hit I remember it but just didn't recall it being on a MNF game.

thanks.

Oh, it was Monday Night and hot. I remember the stadium being sold out and filled with red, lots of 49ers fan there, and Garcia leading a drive to beat the Cards after Young was knocked out.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Oh, it was Monday Night and hot. I remember the stadium being sold out and filled with red, lots of 49ers fan there, and Garcia leading a drive to beat the Cards after Young was knocked out.

Garrison Hearst breaking loose for a 70? yard td, as the Cards were trying to force a punt...

Sound familiar?

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
Oh God... So now we will be embarrased in front of the entire nation by providing Raiders their only win of the season...

:thud:

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Oh God... So now we will be embarrased in front of the entire nation by providing Raiders their only win of the season...

:thud:

No we won't. From what I've heard the game would only be broadcast in the Oakland and Phoenix markets. Probably wouldn't be on directv either. I don't really remember but was the game that moved to SDS on directv? I don't think it was.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No we won't. From what I've heard the game would only be broadcast in the Oakland and Phoenix markets. Probably wouldn't be on directv either. I don't really remember but was the game that moved to SDS on directv? I don't think it was.

Anybody know would the blackout rules be waived? I'm concerned the game will be blacked out in Oakland.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had that as a trivia question for abomb and some others a few weeks back.

What two players were most responsible for ending Steve Young's career?

Aenas Williams and Lawrence Phillips. Phillips blew that block so terribly and A was untouched. I think they released Phillips that week or shortly thereafter.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interesting...it was Phillips that that scored that huge TD to win that game. All I remember is he completely got Steve Young killed.

From wiki:

before returning stateside with the San Francisco 49ers, but was unable to complete the entire season. Moreover, during his time with the 49ers, Phillips was known for missing a crucial block on all-pro devensive back Aeneas Williams who proceded to knock out Steve Young during a Monday Night Football game against the Arizona Cardinals. This injury would lead to the end of Young's career. In the same game, Phillips for a moment flashed his old skills, darting for a 74-yard touchdown to put the game away 24-10, outrunning Aeneas Williams to the endzone.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anybody know would the blackout rules be waived? I'm concerned the game will be blacked out in Oakland.

I believe local blackout would apply to OAK since the game would not sell out.

However, this is just wild speculation.

RedViper

Registered
Reaction score

I'm doubting the blackout rule would be waived. They moved a game last year, I think it was Miami-Chiefs because of an impending hurricane. That game was only shown to the local markets and wasn't on direct TV. Basically the same deal as it would have been except removal of the direct TV option. I can't see why they'd take away the blackout rule in that instance.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I believe local blackout would apply to OAK since the game would not sell out.

However, this is just wild speculation.

That's my concern it will be blacked out in the bay area. I am thinking if moved to Monday I may luck out and get to see it.

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Screw that. We dont need anymore national attention. Especially against a piss poor team that we shouldnt lose to but will.

Just regionally not National, so this could screw people who go to Sports bars to watch the Cards. I'm in Northern California I get all Raider games, but people who go to bars to see these games, this could mess up their routine

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just regionally not National, so this could screw people who go to Sports bars to watch the Cards. I'm in Northern California I get all Raider games, but people who go to bars to see these games, this could mess up their routine

but will we get this game if it's not sold out?

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
but will we get this game if it's not sold out?

I'm far away enough it does not change for me, if you cant get it Dowload the TVU player, it has all the Bay Football games on it, I'll link it if you do not know what I'm talking about

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm far away enough it does not change for me, if you cant get it Dowload the TVU player, it has all the Bay Football games on it, I'll link it if you do not know what I'm talking about

I have it I'm just not sure if the game is blacked out can you see it on the TVU player? Seems to be some sort of feed from the networks so if they aren't showing it, can we get it?

I'm in Cupertino so I'm hoping I won't be blacked out but when they say local coverage only I was hoping that means they won't black out the game at all because they can argue that by moving the game to Monday it makes the game harder to sell out?