Mike Budenholzer - Officially Suns new Head Coach

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What really bothers me about this is I am hearing he will be GM and maybe someone comes in as President. I really want it the other way around. We need to bring in another guy with the talent evaluation. Since Cam Johnson, our draft picks have been bad. The roster has been criticized post season as having been constructed poorly. James jones is supposed to be the guy that is the feel good guy for free agents, players, etc. Let him do that above the talent level evaluation level. I am REALLY hoping he gets elevated higher up from GM.

I think-hope Mat Ishbia knows the score, so I am not worried about the title of James Jones at the moment.

The Suns are going to have to deal with the reality of a G-League team very soon.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
What really bothers me about this is I am hearing he will be GM and maybe someone comes in as President. I really want it the other way around. We need to bring in another guy with the talent evaluation. Since Cam Johnson, our draft picks have been bad. The roster has been criticized post season as having been constructed poorly. James jones is supposed to be the guy that is the feel good guy for free agents, players, etc. Let him do that above the talent level evaluation level. I am REALLY hoping he gets elevated higher up from GM.
Indeed... please dear lord, let anyone else but James Jones be in charge of building the roster.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
In Mat Ishbia's statement he makes a point of Buddenholzer winning 60% of his games in his career. I did some quick math, over 82 games a 60% win rate would get us.........drum roll........... 49 wins!!!!

We trade coaches just to be projected to win the same amount of games? LOL! You can't script that any better!

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
At least he has more hair. I couldn't look at Vogel trying to "Trump" his remaining hair. At some point you go hair plugs, or clean shave. It was getting difficult to look at.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Indeed... please dear lord, let anyone else but James Jones be in charge of building the roster.
I don't know about the roster, but I'm starting to wonder if last year Jones wanted Bud, but Ishbia didn't like him and forced Vogel on Jones...the experiment failed and now Jones gets his Bud.

Maybe Jones isn't really the problem????????

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I don't know about the roster, but I'm starting to wonder if last year Jones wanted Bud, but Ishbia didn't like him and forced Vogel on Jones...the experiment failed and now Jones gets his Bud.

That is a pretty huge reach, even for a Suns fan.

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score
That is a pretty huge reach, even for a Suns fan.
Wasn't it reported that Ishbia didn't really like Bud's personality during interviews last year? I've seen comments on here referencing something like that.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
In Mat Ishbia's statement he makes a point of Buddenholzer winning 60% of his games in his career. I did some quick math, over 82 games a 60% win rate would get us.........drum roll........... 49 wins!!!!

We trade coaches just to be projected to win the same amount of games? LOL! You can't script that any better!
I mean that includes some far less talented teams than this current Suns team. He's also had seasons well above 60%..

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

What makes you think this? Anything concrete? Or just.....?

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score
What makes you think this? Anything concrete? Or just.....?
This comment the other day started me down the rabbit hole. It ended up with me finding people who have been looking into Ishbia and his loan company and his relationship with Isaiah Thomas and him being on the loan companies board, but now resigning or being reassigned and what that might mean for the Suns and Ishbia. There's actually a decent amount out there if you look.

You must be registered for see images attach

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alaskabustergreen