MCU: WandaVision (Disney+)

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Brian in Mesa, Sep 22, 2020.

1. Chaplin

Chaplin Better off silent

Whatever they don’t wrap up in 9 will be addressed on the Multiverse of Madness.

This series is literally the time between Endgame and the beginning of Phase 4 (which is Doctor Strange 2).

Hoop Head likes this.
  2. Hoop Head

Hoop Head Registered

Theres not enough for a second season. Sure they can make her go off the rails again but that would discredit the first season, IMO. It'll wrap up in the finale episode while leaving some threads for Multi verse of Madness and probably Spider-Man 3, since Dr Strange has been confirmed to appear in that.

3. cheesebeef

cheesebeef Registered User Contributor

Having seen Nomadland (it’s VERY good), I am beyond curious to see what Chloe Zhao does with The Eternals.

4. Covert Rain

Covert Rain Father smelt of elderberries!

Wandavision is the start of Phase 4 according to Kevin Feige and it also sets up Multiverse of Madness as you stated.

5. WaywardFan

WaywardFan Waywardier than before Contributor

I think that means the big cameo, rather than someone like Reed Richards or any mutants, is going to be Dr. Strange.

6. cheesebeef

yeah... I can’t believe they’d blow a cameo as huge as a Fantastic Four tease in a TV show.

7. Covert Rain

Covert Rain Father smelt of elderberries!

So the Director Matt Shakmanfor is preparing for fan disappointment in the finale.

“I know there are so many theories out there; there will be a lot of people who will no doubt be disappointed by one theory or another. But we’re always telling this story about Wanda dealing with grief and learning how to accept that loss, and hopefully people will find that the finale is surprising but also satisfying, and that it feels inevitable because it’s the same story they’ve been watching the whole time.”

I don't know about you guys but this sure sounds like don't expect a grand reveal or cameo because this will end in a more obvious way because this is really an intimate story about Wanda. Sounds like anybody getting to hyped about the finale might be in for a let down. This sort of makes sense because this is a setup for Doctor Strange 2 and the start of Phase 4.

8. DWKB

DWKB Registered

I could see this end in big battle between Wanda/Agatha and Hex Vision/White Vision that wraps up the WandaVision story in a clean way, but a post credits scene shows a bigger baddie in the shadows similar to those early Thanos end credit scenes. They don’t even need to show a face, just some CGI clip of a figure or such.

9. Hoop Head

Hoop Head Registered

I'm not revealing who the cameo is in the spoiler, I don't know, but I figured I'd add the spoiler tag for anyone who wants to go in blank.

Here's an article with a quote from Paul Bettany that should dispel any idea that Dr Strange is the big Luke Skywalker type cameo. He specifically mentions people thinking its Dr Strange but then say whoever it really is but hasn't leaked.

https://www.gamesradar.com/wandavis...cter-that-is-yet-to-appear-says-paul-bettany/

10. cheesebeef

man this is tempting to look at

11. Hoop Head

Hoop Head Registered

It really only addresses who wayward said would be the cameo

12. Chaplin

Chaplin Better off silent

In the world of unlikely cameos, Dr. Strange is probably 3rd behind Iron Man and Captain America.

13. WaywardFan

WaywardFan Waywardier than before Contributor

Couldn’t sleep, so watched the last episode. No spoilers, but there is a mid-credits scene and an end-credits scene.

Hoop Head likes this.
  14. Hoop Head

Hoop Head Registered

Was coming to say the same thing. The finale is also titled the series finale so anyone hoping for season 2, its not looking good. I thought it was a solid episode and great series.

15. Town Drunk

Town Drunk Longest serving ASFN lurker

Thought the finale was a little uneven but it was a great series. Marvel really knows how to hit it out of the park.