MCU: WandaVision (Disney+)

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hate that internet rumors spoil so many big things in shows.

that said, this show gets better and better.

WaywardFan

Waywardier than before
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some quick thoughts

First, I don't think the Wanda that went out of the Hex is really her. Wanda inside might be doing this all, but I am not certain she knows. Second, Monica is awesome. I wonder, given her test results or lack thereof, she just got her powers. Third, I would much rather have the MCU Quicksilver than the Fox one. I liked the character more, the actor more. A lot of people are speculating that this is how the X-Men and other previously owned Fox properties get pulled over and this move very much seems like the way it's going to happen. However, I think using the Fox QS actor is ultimately a misdirection. Besides, I'd rather have mutants and the X-Men happen more organically, rather than having them pop up and be there (and using the Fox actors....excepting of course Hugh Jackman but he says he's done and he's not getting any younger). I'd like to see X-Men and other groups from the beginning in the MCU, with the actors and the stories they choose.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
My theory:

Instead of famously saying, “No more mutants,” she is going to say, “No more miracles.” This is what she and her brother were called by Hydra. And that phrase will turn the House of M moment on its head, giving rise to mutants, rather than wiping them out.

Also, it shows that “Dead is Dead” in the MCU outside of a dusting related to the Snap and the Infinity Stones. She can’t bring back her version of her brother, who died from gunshot wounds. So she reached across the Multiverse and grabbed one still in existence. That also foreshadows that she can’t really bring back her version of Vision outside of reanimating him inside of Westview.

Last edited:

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
I am really liking this show. I'm not into super hero movies, so I have no idea about Vision and Wanda's backstory. It's certainly refreshing/different kind of show.
Disney+ put up a couple of 2-minute episodes for each character, explaining their backstories, if you are inclined. Called Marvel Legends.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
I hope one of the Westview episodes is an animated amalgam of X-Men the Animated Series from the 90’s and that is how mutants escape into the MCU.

Probably not though.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
the quicksilver casting is a fantastic twist! Can anyone recall any other movie/show pulling a crazy stunt like this?

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
the quicksilver casting is a fantastic twist! Can anyone recall any other movie/show pulling a crazy stunt like this?
Closest thing I can think of:

Finale of Newhart...he wakes up in bed next to his TV wife from his other wildly successful sitcom. So his character from his first show had dreamt the entire second show. Universes colliding, a character played by the same actor appearing in separate franchises, etc.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Closest thing I can think of:

Finale of Newhart...he wakes up in bed next to his TV wife from his other wildly successful sitcom. So his character from his first show had dreamt the entire second show. Universes colliding, a character played by the same actor appearing in separate franchises, etc.
That is a great call! I had forgotten that.

Raze

Suns fan since '89
Reaction score
Agree times 10.

It might be the greatest, most epic moment in TV history (non movie) since it married two separate billion dollar industries together in less than 30 seconds. The proof of its potency is that everyone including grown adults are having visions of Logan vs Hulk dancing in their heads. Gimme gimme gimme.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think all this might not be what we think it is. I have a feeling it’s a red herring.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I think all this might not be what we think it is. I have a feeling it’s a red herring.
I don’t what to think it is, so even if it’s a red herring I’m good with it. I have no idea where this series is headed.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great line in episode 6 that reminded me of the last few posts here.

Wanda tells
Pietro she'll turn him into a pickled herring if he embarrasses their family early on. Definitely a deliberate choice of words there.

WaywardFan

Waywardier than before
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Loved the Kick Ass reference, as both Quicksilvers were in those movies.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Great line in episode 6 that reminded me of the last few posts here.

Wanda tells
Pietro she'll turn him into a pickled herring if he embarrasses their family early on. Definitely a deliberate choice of words there.
That’s interesting

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I missed it, what was the reference?

When Pietro was about to take off with the kids the first time he said "it'll be kickass" or something like that before zooming away. Wanda just stood there and repeater "kick ass" with a puzzled expression of sorts. It was something easy to miss but a nice nod.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Each episode has been great and better than the last, although I think episode 1 was probably my favorite since I was a big fan of the Dick Van Dyke show growing up. They've nailed the homages to sitcoms of the decades they've done also with this being like Malcolm in the Middle. I believe next week will be the Modern Family type episode and then the final 2 episodes as a finale of sorts.

Im curious how many, if any, of these Disney+ MCU shows are actually going to have second seasons. It seems like this is just set as a miniseries more as a continuing series and from what I've read about Falcon and the Winter Soldier, that will be similar.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
It’s looking like Agnes is not the big bad but whoever sent Wanda’s brother definitely is.

WaywardFan

Waywardier than before
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They were letting the rumors percolate that Agnes was some witch lady from the comics. Misdirection.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Loving this show. Don’t even care to try and speculate what’s coming next.

that’s a hallmark of great storytelling for me. If I’m just in a groove, not trying to guess where it’s going next because I’m enjoying the ride so much, it means I’m fully bought into the narrative.

that’s rare for me.

carrrnuttt

Didactic
Reaction score
Loved the Kick Ass reference, as both Quicksilvers were in those movies.

Not only that, but they were best friends and Aaron Taylor Johnson (MCU Quicksilver) played Kick-Ass, and Evan Peters (Fox Quicksilver) played Ass-Kicker and their costumes were mirror images of each other.