MCU: WandaVision (Disney+)

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Unless they have a 2-hour finale, we are getting Season 2. Way too much stuff to wrap up in a standard-length episode.
Whatever they don’t wrap up in 9 will be addressed on the Multiverse of Madness.

This series is literally the time between Endgame and the beginning of Phase 4 (which is Doctor Strange 2).

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Theres not enough for a second season. Sure they can make her go off the rails again but that would discredit the first season, IMO. It'll wrap up in the finale episode while leaving some threads for Multi verse of Madness and probably Spider-Man 3, since Dr Strange has been confirmed to appear in that.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Having seen Nomadland (it’s VERY good), I am beyond curious to see what Chloe Zhao does with The Eternals.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whatever they don’t wrap up in 9 will be addressed on the Multiverse of Madness.

This series is literally the time between Endgame and the beginning of Phase 4 (which is Doctor Strange 2).

Wandavision is the start of Phase 4 according to Kevin Feige and it also sets up Multiverse of Madness as you stated.

WaywardFan

Waywardier than before
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think that means the big cameo, rather than someone like Reed Richards or any mutants, is going to be Dr. Strange.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think that means the big cameo, rather than someone like Reed Richards or any mutants, is going to be Dr. Strange.

yeah... I can’t believe they’d blow a cameo as huge as a Fantastic Four tease in a TV show.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score

So the Director Matt Shakmanfor is preparing for fan disappointment in the finale.

“I know there are so many theories out there; there will be a lot of people who will no doubt be disappointed by one theory or another. But we’re always telling this story about Wanda dealing with grief and learning how to accept that loss, and hopefully people will find that the finale is surprising but also satisfying, and that it feels inevitable because it’s the same story they’ve been watching the whole time.”

I don't know about you guys but this sure sounds like don't expect a grand reveal or cameo because this will end in a more obvious way because this is really an intimate story about Wanda. Sounds like anybody getting to hyped about the finale might be in for a let down. This sort of makes sense because this is a setup for Doctor Strange 2 and the start of Phase 4.

DWKB

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So the Director Matt Shakmanfor is preparing for fan disappointment in the finale.

“I know there are so many theories out there; there will be a lot of people who will no doubt be disappointed by one theory or another. But we’re always telling this story about Wanda dealing with grief and learning how to accept that loss, and hopefully people will find that the finale is surprising but also satisfying, and that it feels inevitable because it’s the same story they’ve been watching the whole time.”

I don't know about you guys but this sure sounds like don't expect a grand reveal or cameo because this will end in a more obvious way because this is really an intimate story about Wanda. Sounds like anybody getting to hyped about the finale might be in for a let down. This sort of makes sense because this is a setup for Doctor Strange 2 and the start of Phase 4.

I could see this end in big battle between Wanda/Agatha and Hex Vision/White Vision that wraps up the WandaVision story in a clean way, but a post credits scene shows a bigger baddie in the shadows similar to those early Thanos end credit scenes. They don’t even need to show a face, just some CGI clip of a figure or such.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I'm not revealing who the cameo is in the spoiler, I don't know, but I figured I'd add the spoiler tag for anyone who wants to go in blank.

Here's an article with a quote from Paul Bettany that should dispel any idea that Dr Strange is the big Luke Skywalker type cameo. He specifically mentions people thinking its Dr Strange but then say whoever it really is but hasn't leaked.

https://www.gamesradar.com/wandavis...cter-that-is-yet-to-appear-says-paul-bettany/

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not revealing who the cameo is in the spoiler, I don't know, but I figured I'd add the spoiler tag for anyone who wants to go in blank.

Here's an article with a quote from Paul Bettany that should dispel any idea that Dr Strange is the big Luke Skywalker type cameo. He specifically mentions people thinking its Dr Strange but then say whoever it really is but hasn't leaked.

https://www.gamesradar.com/wandavis...cter-that-is-yet-to-appear-says-paul-bettany/

man this is tempting to look at

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
In the world of unlikely cameos, Dr. Strange is probably 3rd behind Iron Man and Captain America.

WaywardFan

Waywardier than before
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Couldn’t sleep, so watched the last episode. No spoilers, but there is a mid-credits scene and an end-credits scene.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Couldn’t sleep, so watched the last episode. No spoilers, but there is a mid-credits scene and an end-credits scene.

Was coming to say the same thing. The finale is also titled the series finale so anyone hoping for season 2, its not looking good. I thought it was a solid episode and great series.

Town Drunk

Longest serving ASFN lurker
Reaction score
Thought the finale was a little uneven but it was a great series. Marvel really knows how to hit it out of the park.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I liked the series and am now more excited for Falcon and Winter Soldier. I think WandaVision was the perfect way to kick off the new phase of the MCU after the extended break from Covid. I know Black Widow was supposed to kick it off and that was supposed to be followed by Falcon and Winter Soldier but the release order got all screwed up.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After watching Nomadland I am DYING to see what Chloe Zhao does with The Eternals.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So... are there just like no consequences for kidnapping and torturing hundreds of people for God only knows how long?

Between the poor folks kidnapped and yanked from their families in Westview and the havoc Wonder Woman and Steve Trevor wreaked on “Handsome Man” who’s body they possessed and broke into the Smithsonian, stole a plane and then attacked the White House with, Superheroes really have very little concern for the normal people they’re supposed to be protecting.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They nailed her costume. The MCU has done a great job of taking characters costumes from the comics and making them look good in live action without looking goofy.
You must be registered for see images attach

and the comic look for those who may not be familiar with it...
You must be registered for see images attach

DWKB

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So... are there just like no consequences for kidnapping and torturing hundreds of people for God only knows how long?

Between the poor folks kidnapped and yanked from their families in Westview and the havoc Wonder Woman and Steve Trevor wreaked on “Handsome Man” who’s body they possessed and broke into the Smithsonian, stole a plane and then attacked the White House with, Superheroes really have very little concern for the normal people they’re supposed to be protecting.

There is no guarantee Wanda is going to always be the good guy. She wasn’t in the comics.

She’s been a little of both and I think it adds a depth to her that might not exist for those always justice people.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score

She has a somewhat similar path as the Phoenix in X-men. People all over the world already fear her because of what happened in the films. Now this? It's just more fodder.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score

She refused to bow to the consequences by leaving. She's in the wind. I don't think she's surrendering at any time soon to face consequences. Then again, don't think she's a proverbial "good guy" either.

But yeah, the WW84 body rape stuff was just disgusting.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA