MCU: Thor: Love and Thunder

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I was going to watch this weekend I guess i still will. Lucy's sister and family saw it in the theater and liked it so I'm hoping I like it.

I do really like the humor aspect of Thor in the MCU so far but it sounds like they went over the top on this one so I guess we'll see.
No, don't listen to haters. There was a TON more humor in Ragnarok. Maybe the humor was different in this one, and that's hitting some viewers the wrong way, or maybe people don't like that Love and Thunder tackles some tough issues where Ragnarok was just empty comedy. Tastes will vary :)

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man… talk about a tale of two movies. First half was awful. Second half was pretty good.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We watched this again over the weekend. I wanted to see if I was being too harsh about this movie. It was a resounding NOPE. This movie was awful sans Bale and a closing arc for Jane. The jokes were so gut wrenching bad and the goats. My gosh. We all sat there, and the goats were funny once but so annoying after that. The movie was one of the most cringeworthy efforts by Marvel to date. 3 stooges contrived jokey joke movie dressed up in Marvel characters.

Stout

Reaction score
We watched this again over the weekend. I wanted to see if I was being too harsh about this movie. It was a resounding NOPE. This movie was awful sans Bale and a closing arc for Jane. The jokes were so gut wrenching bad and the goats. My gosh. We all sat there, and the goats were funny once but so annoying after that. The movie was one of the most cringeworthy efforts by Marvel to date. 3 stooges contrived jokey joke movie dressed up in Marvel characters.
I agree, Ragnarok was awful :D

OP
OP
Town Drunk

Town Drunk

Longest serving ASFN lurker
Reaction score
Watched this last week finally. Has to be the worse Thor movie to date. Thor 2 was better than this. Bale was good, of course, but the writing was atrocious. It was beyond cheesey, I would have taken cheesey over what this was.

Last edited:

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep. Nailed it.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Surprised to see so many people like this movie. I thought it tried WAY too hard and it was easily my least favorite Thor movie. In fact, it is one of my least favorite MCU movies.

Stout

Reaction score
Surprised to see so many people like this movie. I thought it tried WAY too hard and it was easily my least favorite Thor movie. In fact, it is one of my least favorite MCU movies.
To me, that was Thor: Ragnarok. The humor was way more over the top in that one, IMO. But I can tell those two movies are hugely polarizing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson