MCU: Daredevil: Born Again (Disney+)

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe it's good news? Maybe they now bring back Foggy and Karen and pick up where the show left off?

Is there a sliver of hope for their best recent show, Hawkeye, to come back?
I am thinking that definitely opens the door for those characters but it's likely to still be an alternate universe. Read before the financials are basically impossible for a direct continuation of the Netflix show because of the rights to that "verse", the showrunners etc. In terms of Hawkeye, the last I heard was that Jeremy Renner's accident through a wrench into that. Also, even though he is now walking without a cane some are saying he physically will never be the same. So, not sure how that would impact continuing the show.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score

Town Drunk

Longest serving ASFN lurker
Reaction score

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Marvel has something up it's sleeve. So, other interesting news. The Netflix shows are now officially part of Marvel canon. I suspect that with Marvel not having a clear direction they want to take advantage of what Netflix established and possibly use those characters in future MCU projects. If that is the case? Best news I have heard.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Marvel has something up it's sleeve. So, other interesting news. The Netflix shows are now officially part of Marvel canon. I suspect that with Marvel not having a clear direction they want to take advantage of what Netflix established and possibly use those characters in future MCU projects. If that is the case? Best news I have heard.

At this point, what choice do they have?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Matt Murdock needs Foggy and Karen, Deborah Ann Woll, was a real highlight of the Netflix show. Glad Marvel/Disney came to their senses.
I’ve always been kinda stumped that Woll didnt become a bigger star, or at least a series reg on shows after True Blood and Daredevil.

She did two Escape Room movies and 28 episodes of some show I’ve never heard and can’t even find what channel it aired on. Other than that, a real spotty 6 years for an actress that had the whole package, IMO.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
so... a reboot with fresh origins?? a direct continuation ala a sequel series??...or an alternate universe story?

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
so... a reboot with fresh origins?? a direct continuation ala a sequel series??...or an alternate universe story?
They are being tight lipped but it appears Disney worked out all the rights issues with Netflix and the creators. They have said that the Netflix shows are now Marvel canon. Why make those canon unless it's a continuation now? Plus, they returned the original cast after the revamp.

It was first billed as an alternate universe but Disney cleaned house, replaced the show runners and started over with the show. Here is the good news. The new show runner is Dario Scardapane who worked on Neflix's The Punisher and Amazon's Jack Ryan series.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson