MCU: Secret Invasion (Disney+)

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hoping to check it out this weekend. Especially with the glowing @Stout endorsement. ;)

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Second episode snooze fest. I don't mind a slow burn, but not two slow burn episodes out of only a season of 6. Oh, they did do one exciting thing...which was dumb and a bad misogynistic trope, so they have that going for them at least.

They had to kill Cobie Smulders to...get Fury pissed and give him extra motivation. Dumb de dumb dumb DUMB!

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Second episode snooze fest. I don't mind a slow burn, but not two slow burn episodes out of only a season of 6. Oh, they did do one exciting thing...which was dumb and a bad misogynistic trope, so they have that going for them at least.

They had to kill Cobie Smulders to...get Fury pissed and give him extra motivation. Dumb de dumb dumb DUMB!
My wife and I were wondering if they used an alien double and kidnapped her instead?

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Could be? I would find that weak sauce too.
I just kept thinking, they wouldn't kill her off. Although with the multiverse angle they keep pushing, she could be back that way, too!

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My wife wasn't really getting this so I suggested re-watching Captain Marvel before episode 2. She swears she'd never seen the movie and now everything makes way more sense!

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
My wife wasn't really getting this so I suggested re-watching Captain Marvel before episode 2. She swears she'd never seen the movie and now everything makes way more sense!
It's been a minute since Nick Fury was on the screen. I always found his character annoying in comics. You are following your character's comic, and all of a sudden this Nick Fury guy shows up and everyone bows to him. I remember always thinking, "Who the hell is this guy?"

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Oof, this one's just bad. Whoever it was who was bagging on Marvel for the "Oh yeah, by the way, we never told you before, but all this extra stuff happened in the MCU without you knowing it" stuff. Wow, is that bad.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is really a slow burn. Not ready to judge it just yet but man this needs to pick up.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
IDK, the white witch was REALLY slow, but the ending was awesome!

Last edited:

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t hate this show but don’t love it either. They telegraphed someone surviving episodes back when they talked about Super Skrulls. Also, a friend of mine said if you are a comic fan you also knew what was coming because she has a bigger role in the verse. I wasn’t familiar but I still knew it was coming.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the first two episodes were so boring that I gave up.

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I do and always have hated the multiverse horsehockey. It makes a lot of stuff way too easy (and dumb, IMHO).

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I loved the stupid Flash series on the CW. They were all in on the Multiverse, and it was Flash's fault for going into the past to try and save his parents. The problem is one of the characters became central to what they were doing to fix it. Well pretty soon, there were about three versions of that guy from three different earths, and it started to get crazy.

So for people that try and follow Quantum physics, the multiverse theory has all kinds of permutations. Literally, actions in our universe could have implications for other universes. So if someone was really making decisions based on how it would affect another universe, pretty soon that person would become paralyzed with inaction, if you really cared what happened in another universe. Which at the end of the day, brings you back to, you can only do what is right at the present in your universe. Which pretty much means, you are back to telling the original story to begin with.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Fury’s reasoning for not bringing in any superheroes is the lamest attempt to justify the biggest plot hole in streaming history imo

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fury’s reasoning for not bringing in any superheroes is the lamest attempt to justify the biggest plot hole in streaming history imo
You have to spend belief on this in a Universe this big and if you like it being connected. Probably in every connected movie you can say why didn’t they call this person or that person. Unfortunate side effect of a connected verse.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Well, isn't Don Cheadle supposed to be a Super Hero? even though he is a skull? Isn't he War Machine? I took it as Nick Fury could call up Captain America, let's say. How do we know it's REALLY Captain America? I just think they didn't play up the paranoia part of this skull shape shifter part as much as they could have.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I mean, they made it look like he killed Smuthers. They could shape shift into anyone he brought into fixing the crisis and do the same thing they did to him, where now he's on the run. I think they could have really made more of a point of the shape shifting as a weapon. They kind of did, by infiltrating all the worlds governments. The point too of them being able to transfer all memories to the Doppler ganged skulls, rules out the old, "remember when we were on mission X, and you did Y?"