MCU: Secret Invasion (Disney+)

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
You have to spend belief on this in a Universe this big and if you like it being connected. Probably in every connected movie you can say why didn’t they call this person or that person. Unfortunate side effect of a connected verse.
True. But fury literally was the one guy who had them all on speed dial. He created the avengers. I get the suspending belief to watch certain flicks, but I guess this one was just a step too far - I mean World War III threatens and fury’s excuse is “I gotta do it myself!” Just too far down the disbelief spectrum for me.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
True. But fury literally was the one guy who had them all on speed dial. He created the avengers. I get the suspending belief to watch certain flicks, but I guess this one was just a step too far - I mean World War III threatens and fury’s excuse is “I gotta do it myself!” Just too far down the disbelief spectrum for me.
Plus I am thinking, if I am Fury and I fail, who else knows what's happening?

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Exactly You have to have a high level of suspension of disbelief, but we need much better writing to justify said suspension. "Uh, because" ain't a good enough reason. The writers on this show suck.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well after Avengers it seemed like they all had each other on speed dial. It would just be so easy to pick up a phone and call for help on any of these standalone movies. Most of those movies build up the bad guy to be a major bad guy. Well if he was really that major? Where is everyone else?!!?!? Yeah...I just shut that off or I couldn't enjoy them.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Well after Avengers it seemed like they all had each other on speed dial. It would just be so easy to pick up a phone and call for help on any of these standalone movies. Most of those movies build up the bad guy to be a major bad guy. Well if he was really that major? Where is everyone else?!!?!? Yeah...I just shut that off or I couldn't enjoy them.
Right, that's the basic suspension of disbelief you kind of have to have in place...but then they use such a horrible line in Secret Invasion, and it pulls you (or me) right back into disbelief.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Right, that's the basic suspension of disbelief you kind of have to have in place...but then they use such a horrible line in Secret Invasion, and it pulls you (or me) right back into disbelief.
Plus this is nothing like the comics Secret Wars aside from the very basic part of the premise. Which makes it even harder to believe they wouldn't call someone. Secret Wars from what I remember had heroes coming in and out (Avengers, X-men, Fantastic 4). When it was announced I figured they couldn't do it like the comics because it would be too expensive. However, I figured they would do more (at least a few cameos). They should have just saved this for a major movie because using only the basic premise almost guaranteed a disappointment.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Plus this is nothing like the comics Secret Wars aside from the very basic part of the premise. Which makes it even harder to believe they wouldn't call someone. Secret Wars from what I remember had heroes coming in and out (Avengers, X-men, Fantastic 4). When it was announced I figured they couldn't do it like the comics because it would be too expensive. However, I figured they would do more (at least a few cameos). They should have just saved this for a major movie because using only the basic premise almost guaranteed a disappointment.
I think you nailed it! Follow the money....

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wendy and I both really liked the finale. Some major issues in the air now. I look forward to Armor Wars

Town Drunk

Longest serving ASFN lurker
Reaction score
Just finished this. It’s definitely my least favorite Marvel TV series. Maybe I have MCU fatigue.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Watched the ending. I think it was a good ending. The problem I had was the writing during the series. It seemed disjointed. The steal of the show was actually the British MI-6 or MI-5 Lady. I think she stole the show.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson