MCU: Avengers: Endgame

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
I really enjoyed it. I thought it was a very satisfying “ending” to everything. I only had one small issue with the movie:
It seems like the end scene that Steve had with Sam should of been with Bucky. Steve was much closer with Bucky and it seemed odd for him to sit back while Sam went to talk with him. It also seems like Steve would of been more inclined to pass the “mantle” onto Bucky.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I really enjoyed it. I thought it was a very satisfying “ending” to everything. I only had one small issue with the movie:
It seems like the end scene that Steve had with Sam should of been with Bucky. Steve was much closer with Bucky and it seemed odd for him to sit back while Sam went to talk with him. It also seems like Steve would of been more inclined to pass the “mantle” onto Bucky.

So true.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Spot on. That was my biggest complaint.

By the way They are predicting 358 million domestic opening weekend. I predicted the movie would get a “last movie” bounce but damn!!!!!

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They look to be following this arc next

You must be registered for see images attach

just like this is supposed to be the other

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind reading NON-spoilery reactions from members who have seen it.
I saw it last night. Here was my reactions through out.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
They look to be following this arc next

just like this is supposed to be the other

So Gwyneth Paltrow?

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So Gwyneth Paltrow?

Spoiler tags!

Wrong race!

I read that if they stray from the original comic, it could be Shuri from Black Panther.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I saw it last night. Here was my reactions through out.

Lol. I agree.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
super entertaining. definitely giddy in a couple moments. there was 1 surprise, but otherwise, this played pretty straight. Overall a REALLY fun wrap up of the universe up till this version of it.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
think this probably goes 5th on my list:

Winter Soldier
Iron Man 1
Civil War
Guardians 1
Infinity War/Endgame (they count as one 6 hour movie for me)

stewdog1

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I'm going to have to watch it again soon, as I'm still decompressing from watching it last night.

While funny and can understand why, I wasn't a fan of what they did with Thor.

I'll have more later...

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I'm going to have to watch it again soon, as I'm still decompressing from watching it last night.

While funny and can understand why, I wasn't a fan of what they did with Thor.

I'll have more later...

I think this was a continuing evolution for Thor. He started out so stiff and they’ve continued to bring him along. It the only reason it will work with him becoming a part of Guardians of the Galaxy.

stewdog1

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I think this was a continuing evolution for Thor. He started out so stiff and they’ve continued to bring him along. It the only reason it will work with him becoming a part of Guardians of the Galaxy.
Yeah, I totally get it. It's like they just swung the pendulum to far in the other direction

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
super entertaining. definitely giddy in a couple moments. there was 1 surprise, but otherwise, this played pretty straight. Overall a REALLY fun wrap up of the universe up till this version of it.

I pretty much agree. Very worthy end game to the era of these movies. I did feel like it was a transcendent 2 1/2 hour movie, because there was a lot of drag in places--I'm not including the fun, really good slow burn build moments in that--but whatever. They earned it.

I only put it 7th on the list, though, behind these movies:

Winter Soldier

Avengers

Iron Man

Guardians

Black Panther

Guardians 2

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
The payoff was amazing. They wrapped up hanging threads from over the past decade, some I had forgotten about, but realized I still cared about! The way they tied together the history of the MCU over the last ten years was astounding.

I read somewhere that the latest episode of GoT was inspired by Helm's Deep and writers watched the Two Towers battle over and over to get in that mindset. To me, the climax of Avengers felt more like a Helm's Deep-influenced battle. And...

For the first time in the MCU, a giant thing crashing to Earth was a triumphant moment, rather than a doomsday scenario! When Thanos' ship falls out of the sky, it was exhilarating! I think that was a clever nod to how many times the Avengers/Guardians have had to defend against bad things falling out of the sky.

I thought this would be a bad weekend to be a Stark (Tony/Sansa), but it was not too bad. Tony got the ultimate last word.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
Also, I loved Cap's uniform in this movie. Finally got the scaly breastplate design. My favorite was his original from WWII. That was an awesome, pragmatic spin on an otherwise silly concept. But as his uniform evolved over all of his appearances, I thought there were mixed results. This design could have been a swerve back to awful translation of a comic book drawing, but it worked so well!

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
The timeline deal with Cap has me thinking. If he decided to stay in the past, then he would've never been Cap of the future, and most of the new Avengers would've never known him or befriended him. I love time travel in movies, but they never seem to get it right or just throw time/space out the window.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow!

My new favorite character is Thor "The Beer Guzzler with Dad Bod". Finally a Super Hero that I can relate to!

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
Seriously, the "I knew it!" moment was probably the biggest cheer I've ever heard in a theater.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
The timeline deal with Cap has me thinking. If he decided to stay in the past, then he would've never been Cap of the future, and most of the new Avengers would've never known him or befriended him. I love time travel in movies, but they never seem to get it right or just throw time/space out the window.
no i think you’ve got it wrong. Instead once he decided to stay there would’ve been a point in time where there would’ve been two Steve Rogers for decades. And I don’t buy that he wouldn’t have informed SHIELD of Hydra’s infiltration. Which means a LOT of the future would change. When they said “the future doesn’t change” I was like WHAT?!? That’s not even possible. I mean, we saw when Steve decided to stay it obviously changed his girlfriend’s future.

WaywardFan

Waywardier than before
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow!

My new favorite character is Thor "The Beer Guzzler with Dad Bod". Finally a Super Hero that I can relate to!

That was actually my only real gripe about the movie. I did NOT like this Thor, and honestly wasn't thrilled with Ragnorak either.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose