MCU: Avengers: Endgame

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
man... they REALLY want that all-time record. This feels a little shameless... and to be honest, a little stupid on Disney's part if their marketing team isn't thinking five steps ahead. Avatar hasn't been in the public consciousness FOREVER and it comes out in a couple years. The absolute BEST way to market that sucker and make it really relevant when the sequel comes back is to say it's the sequel to the BIGGEST MOVIE OF ALL TIME! No one markets something as the second biggest hit of all time.

Meh. Avatar rode the reintroduction of 3D and hyped that as much as the movie itself. Most people I knew talked more about the 3D after they watched the movie than the movie itself.

Shameless? Maybe but Avatar doesn’t hold that record on the merits of that story alone either.

I have to admit though that marketing strategy would be fun!

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
man... they REALLY want that all-time record. This feels a little shameless... and to be honest, a little stupid on Disney's part if their marketing team isn't thinking five steps ahead. Avatar hasn't been in the public consciousness FOREVER and it comes out in a couple years. The absolute BEST way to market that sucker and make it really relevant when the sequel comes back is to say it's the sequel to the BIGGEST MOVIE OF ALL TIME! No one markets something as the second biggest hit of all time.

Avenger End Game passed Avatar for now #2 all time Domestic Gross behind Star Wars The Force Awakens. Also, what I didn't realize in terms of Avatar's World Wide Gross record is that it included Avatar's re-release in Theaters as well. I didn't know that when we first started talking about that and didn't remember that Avatar was also re-released with additional footage which is part of it's Worldwide Box Office Record.

So I guess if this movie beats Avatar and it had the re-introduction of 3D plus used the same tactic to re-release with additional footage it's really no different.

Am I wrong?

It's also impressive that it appears that Star Wars Force Awakens still has the domestic record by over 100 million. In fact, knowing that Star Wars didn't release with new footage like these two movies kind of gives extra cred to The Force Awakens for the Domestic record no?

Avengers needs $37 million to pass Avatar Worldwide. However, I kind of hope it doesn't get the 101 million to pass Star Wars The Force Awaken Domestic because of the above.

Domestic:
  • Star Wars: TFA - $936,662,225
  • Avenger End Games - $$835,781,161

World Wide:
  • Avenger End Games - $2,751.9

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Awesome fan made ending. Heard about this ion the Fatman on Batman podcast

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Awesome fan made ending. Heard about this ion the Fatman on Batman podcast

Meh. It was a remixed montage. I didn't find anything particularly great about it but hey...if people like it.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chills. Reaction in the theater.

One of the most epic moments bar none. The only other time I can compare is during the first Avengers movie seeing all those heroes on the screen for the first time together. Especially, after everyone questions if that movie could be pulled off with so many characters commanding screen time.

In terms of non-Marvel movies Star Wars Rogue One (Vader scene) or a couple scenes in The Force Awakens was the only audience comparisons I can make. The reactions during those scenes were just as loud.

Last edited:

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I get these emails from some site Quora and for some reason they're almost all about Marvel.

One the other day I thought was interesting. The guy said when Thanos does the snap, isn't the odds 50/50 that HE is one of the ones that vanishes too? The premise is half the universe so it doesn't matter that he's not from earth. I googled it and apparently people have been debating it on Reddit for over a year with no clear conclusion.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave