Maybe there is some hope for Agents After all? - Rosenhaus Merged

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
CardinalChris said:
The evil Drew Rosenhaus seems to be on the good side of the news today. He gave CPR to a kid who was pulled from a pool.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=2111853

In other news Drew Rosenhaus has signed on with the kid and advised the kid on holding out for floaties and $7 million signing bonus from the Eagles.

He did a great did, but even bad people will good good everyonce in a while. He is still scum to me.

Last edited:

8ndkorner

Registered
Reaction score
bankybruce said:
In other news Drew Rosenhaus has signed on with the kid and advised the kid on holding out for foaties and $7 million signing bonus from the Eagles.

He did a great did, but even bad people will good good everyonce in a while. He is still scum to me.

Pool scum?

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
This has PR stunt written all over it. ;)

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
bankybruce said:
He is still scum to me.

This is just flat out stupid. Sorry I've been trying to mince words on this site lately - but this guy just SAVED a freaking little kid but he's scum because his JOB is to get hius players the most money possible. That's freaking stupidity to the highest degree. To cal this guy "bad people" when you nothing else about him except that he's EXCEPTIONAL at his job - which is getting his clients the most money possible is infantile, uninformed and flat out ********.

Scott MS

Registered
Reaction score
I agree with Cheese. Why all the negativity towards agents because after all they are just trying to do their job and get the most money for their contracts -- which is why players hire them in the first?

Ever bought a house? Did you use a real estate agent? Did you tell them not to try to get you the best deal?

Agents aren't any different than any other sales person looking for the largest possible contract.

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
Scott MS said:
I agree with Cheese. Why all the negativity towards agents because after all they are just trying to do their job and get the most money for their contracts -- which is why players hire them in the first?

Ever bought a house? Did you use a real estate agent? Did you tell them not to try to get you the best deal?

Agents aren't any different than any other sales person looking for the largest possible contract.
So if Rosenhaus was encouraging Boldin to hold out until he got a new contract you would have the same attitude about him?

Some agents, like Rosenhaus and the Poston Brothers among others, have bad reputations for a reason. Advising Terrel Owens to hold out on the Eagles a year after he signed a multi-year, mult-million dollar deal is, in a word, "********".

That being said, he is a hero for saving that boy.

red desert

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
cheesebeef said:
This is just flat out stupid. Sorry I've been trying to mince words on this site lately - but this guy just SAVED a freaking little kid but he's scum because his JOB is to get hius players the most money possible. That's freaking stupidity to the highest degree. To cal this guy "bad people" when you nothing else about him except that he's EXCEPTIONAL at his job - which is getting his clients the most money possible is infantile, uninformed and flat out ********.

Amen.

Scott MS

Registered
Reaction score
Renz said:
So if Rosenhaus was encouraging Boldin to hold out until he got a new contract you would have the same attitude about him?

Some agents, like Rosenhaus and the Poston Brothers among others, have bad reputations for a reason. Advising Terrel Owens to hold out on the Eagles a year after he signed a multi-year, mult-million dollar deal is, in a word, "********".

If Rosenhaus is giving Boldin advice and Boldin is foolish enough to take it, then Boldin would be a fool. Football players are big boys and they need to make their own decisions, like all of us. We all get bad advice and we choose the advice to act on.

You guys here are all quick to think Boldin is the victim. Boldin did hire Rosenhaus and Boldin wants a new contract. If Boldin wasn't "needy" this whole thing wouldn't have happened.

I love Boldin, but I'm just not sure he's made all the right moves this offseason after 1.5 seasons in the league. Hopefully they get a deal done. Boldin quickly changed his tune about holding out after all the negative press came out about him.

Unfortunately the Cardinals have created a bad situation when they drafted Fitzgerald the year after Boldin goes to the Pro Bowl, and paid Fitzgerald multiples more in money. So far Boldin has proven to be the better receiver and you just can't expect to have players content with such a huge disparity in money. Same thing can be expected at just about any job, like if your peer working next to you was being paid 6 times what you were. I think you would bitch about your compensation or find a new job.

Last edited:

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
"When I was in high school, I was a lifeguard, and had learned CPR," Rosenhaus said. "In a situation like that, instincts kind of take over, I think. Let me tell you, this is the happiest day of my life. To save a little boy like that, who has his whole life in front of him, it's incredibly gratifying, In fact, I am a changed man
and have decided to make sure all my clients are signed and in camp on time,
life's just way too fragile to spend your life as a blood-sucking ********.

Ok, I added the last part... :devil:

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Renz said:

If a player holds out, it's the players fault...not the agent! They are all adults and are highly capable of making their own decisions.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Scott MS said:

Some people can achieve excellent results and display some class at the same time. Rosenhaus is not one of those guys.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Renz said:

I am still very much of the opinion the Cardinals will not write a new contract for Boldin that is over the top. It has not been part of the Bidwill plan to redo contracts. We will see if they have changed but with Boldin coming off an injury I just do not see him getting a long term big money contract. If he has a good year this year I can see it happening next year. If he looks 100% and makes it through training camp I can see an outside chance they might sign him just prior to the start of the season.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Scott MS said:
If Rosenhaus is giving Boldin advice and Boldin is foolish enough to take it, then Boldin would be a fool. Football players are big boys and they need to make their own decisions, like all of us. We all get bad advice and we choose the advice to act on.

You guys here are all quick to think Boldin is the victim. Boldin did hire Rosenhaus and Boldin wants a new contract. If Boldin wasn't "needy" this whole thing wouldn't have happened.

I love Boldin, but I'm just not sure he's made all the right moves this offseason after 1.5 seasons in the league. Hopefully they get a deal done. Boldin quickly changed his tune about holding out after all the negative press came out about him.

Unfortunately the Cardinals have created a bad situation when they drafted Fitzgerald the year after Boldin goes to the Pro Bowl, and paid Fitzgerald multiples more in money. So far Boldin has proven to be the better receiver and you just can't expect to have players content with such a huge disparity in money. Same thing can be expected at just about any job, like if your peer working next to you was being paid 6 times what you were. I think you would bitch about your compensation or find a new job.

I do not have any idea on the stats or success of players who holdout but my guess it is not to good. I think about a few like Kelly Stoufffer who would not sign with the Cards and did not play that year. He never made it in pro football. Ricky Williams did not hold out but found out he owed 8 mil to Miami and is now eating a little crow and comming back. If the Green Bay receiver who said he will not report to camp stays out Green Bay will still fill the stadium and as the GB QB repeatedly says we will still play football. Rivers was slow to sign with San Diego and as a result he never got a chance to start and will not start this year. He very well may have been the starter if he had showed up. If you miss the first several weeks of camp you are really behind the eight ball. Many pro athletes think they are not replaceable. Very few people in life are irreplacable and there will be football next year Drew Rosenhaus or not. No one holds a gun to your head when you sign a contract and I am still one who believes they should be honored. Boldin could have broken his leg in the first game and management would have had to pay him. T.O must be nuts to think Philly will redo a contract with 5 or 6 years left on it. I would not want this bad character on my team and I do not care how good he is.

OP
OP
C

CardinalChris

Big Man Himself
Reaction score
john h said:
Some people can achieve excellent results and display some class at the same time. Rosenhaus is not one of those guys.

I know real estate agents who are shifty, crooked and underhanded. Yeah, they get me a better deal, but at the expense of somebody else. I think John's quote may be the best. Drew's tactics leave a little to be desired.

Savage58

Defense, Defense, DEFENSE
Reaction score
john h said:

YAHTZEE!! Class is not something Rosenhaus knows much about in dealing with other people.

PR Stunt, what a pukehead if it was. He's looks the type, I wouldn't put it past him.

rtjim

Registered
Reaction score
Rosenhaus saves boy at Disney pool

LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. (AP) -- NFL player agent Drew Rosenhaus performed CPR to save a young boy pulled unconscious from a swimming pool at a Disney World resort hotel Tuesday.

The Chicago boy was on a trip with his family. He was transported to a hospital but was expected to be fine, said Cpl. Carlos Torres of the Orange County Sheriff's Office. Rosenhaus brought him back," Torres said.

Rosenhaus, whose hardball negotiating tactics have made him perhaps the league's most notorious agent, said he was at the Grand Floridian to visit clients and ran to help when he heard screaming after the boy was pulled from the pool.

"I dropped my phone, which is pretty rare," joked Rosenhaus, who worked as a lifeguard as a youngster. "I was thrilled to help the boy. It was nice to be a good guy for once."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/football/nfl/07/19/bc.fbn.rosenhaus.hero.ap/index.html?cnn=yes

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
I doubt he's a truly bad guy.

The more I know of him the more I think he's just an overdriven agent nothing more.

The only test for him is if he in fact is getting the best deals for his clients or in fact costing them money.

If he gets Owens the money he did his job if he costs him money by overplaying his hand he did a bad job and in the end the owners are mostly to blame for what they have created in folding to hold outs because they want to win.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
PortlandCardFan said:
Yeah.... but your avatar doesn't even compete!!

You will not be saying that when he returns he first kick off of the season for a TD.

Lars the Red

aka Thor, God of Thunder
Reaction score
Sorry, folks, what DR did wasn't anything different that what any of you would have done in the same situation. I can't think of a single person that would not try to save a child. Does that mean that all people are good, and we have no scumbags around? Hardly. He did what any reasonable human would do, nothing more, nothing less. This doesn't put him up for sainthood or diminish any of his disgusting 'lawyerish' ways.

He is what he is.