Mark Clayton just reported Kurt Warner wants...

Mrh182

Jai Guru Deva OM
Reaction score
On NFL Live... said Cards and Warner had first negotiation session today

Cards thinking 8-10 million a year would work

Warner countered with 12-16 million a year as a top 5 QB

Thoughts?

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wouldnt pay $12M-$16M for Warner.

Brewster10

Registered
Reaction score
My thought?

Why so greedy Kurt? We gave you a shot when the rest of the league thought you were terrible and done...

OP
OP
Mrh182

Mrh182

Jai Guru Deva OM
Reaction score
I wouldnt pay $12M-$16M for Warner.

I agree... not so much because I'm in the camp that wants Matt to take over as the QB.. but the thought of spending that kind of money on another QB when we have so many holes to fill seems insane

TigToad

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I'll do a 1 year deal for 12 mil or a 2 year deal for 20 mil... but I wouldn't go any higher. The real issue is, with a short term deal like these, the cap numbers can't help but be big. I don't like that.

We may have to restructure Dansby first if Warner is really thinking that type of money. If the Cardinals do end up give him more than 10 mil a year, there needs to be an injury clause in there somewhere.

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
Umm no.

Maybe an incentive laden contract with a clause if he gets back to the Super Bowl he gets that much.

I figured this was going to happen altough this just could be Bartlestien as Kurt has been cutting him out at the news with all his public comments.

If this is true it is time to start the Matt Leinart era.

Sigh. If only we had won that last damn game we would be playing with house money at this point.

Last edited:

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Okay.....

How about 11 million a year, and some clause that lets us drop him like a rock in the pond next year need be?

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Time for matty if true

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
This guy is reminding me more and more of Favre. For the opportunity we gave him, it's still just about the money. This back and forth talk about him wanting to play is getting old. If he is not committed 100% then I would rather he retire.

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
Hit the road Kurt, if that is true... We helped you resurrect your career. 2 year $10 million a year is more than enough with some escalators.

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
We start low, they start high and then everyone meets in the middle.

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
I'm also getting sick and tired of his indecisiveness...

He has been whinning all the time that he wanted an opportunity to start, to get another shot, that he still has plenty left as a starting QB.

Now that he did, and became successful, he is not sure he wants to continue? He is waiting from a sign from God? Well, last year WAS a sign from God... if you are intelligent enough, Kurt.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Fans are funny. Matt Cassel is making almost 15 mill this year, why you guys are shocked by this bewilders me. I dont want to pay it, but I am not mad at him for wanting it. It is really still less than fair market value for his services IMO. The guy doesn't owe us anything.

red desert

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Fans are funny. Matt Cassel is making almost 15 mill this year, why you guys are shocked by this bewilders me. I dont want to pay it, but I am not mad at him for wanting it. It is really still less than fair market value for his services IMO. The guy doesn't owe us anything.

Agreed. This holier-than-thou position that so many around here take with regards to Boldin, and now Warner, does have to make you laugh.

By the way, did you mean John Clayton?

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
I'm also getting sick and tired of his indecisiveness...

He has been whinning all the time that he wanted an opportunity to start, to get another shot, that he still has plenty left as a starting QB.

Now that he did, and became successful, he is not sure he wants to continue? He is waiting from a sign from God? Well, last year WAS a sign from God... if you are intelligent enough, Kurt.

God told him to get all the money you can and make the Cards let Karlos walk away and trade Q because Pottsville felt threatend by how close them came to breaking the curse.

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The problem as I see it was that last year was the perfect strom for Warner. He stayed healthy for an entire year and he was not turnover prone for the most part. The chances of both of these items happening again over the next two years is slim, especially with the age factor. I just do not trust that he will ever be able to duplicate a season like last year and for that kind of money, you better be sure.

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
God told him to get all the money you can and make the Cards let Karlos walk away and trade Q because Pottsville felt threatend by how close them came to breaking the curse.
IMO, having a great playoff run last year, getting to super bowl, and almost winning it already amounts to breaking the curse...

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard