Marion vetos trade to Utah?

SO91

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Actually Kwame's defense is surprisingly good. Look at his performances against the best bigs in the NBA's, he does very well. Certainly better than Kurt Thomas did for you.

If you look at what your team was lacking last year, it wasn't offense. I really doubt that Diaw being gone would have much impact on the team. Having some guys that can legitimately guard guys like Tim Duncan, who absolutely torched you during the playoffs, might be the move that puts you over the top. And Lamar is a far better player than Marion on the offensive end. His only negative is if he can stay healthy the whole season.

Look I think every Suns fan agrees this team could use some more defense, but putting Kwame in that category is laughable IMO. Sure the guy is big, but he's not very smart on D and we already have a guy like that. Since you bring up the Suns defensive deficiencies, than how are they improving that aspect of their game by trading Marion for Odom? I hate to break it to you, but staying healthy is not the only negative of his game. I understand you're a Laker fan and you have reason to pimp those guys, but I don't think this is the place for that.

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
I can't stand shawn Marion.. at this point I am gong to have a hard time rooting for him when hes on the floor..

ARGH.. hes such a freckin Drama Queen...
:yeahthat:

I used to like him but not anymore. I will not root for him. I don't want him on this team. Freakin' Shawn "under-appreciated" Marion!

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
:yeahthat:

I used to like him but not anymore. I will not root for him. I don't want him on this team. Freakin' Shawn "under-appreciated" Marion!

I can't go along with that. As long as he's on the team, I'll root for him. He's still a Sun, no matter how much he annoys the heck out of me. I'm not really as angry as I am disappointed--he was my favorite Sun for a long time.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't go along with that. As long as he's on the team, I'll root for him. He's still a Sun, no matter how much he annoys the heck out of me. I'm not really as angry as I am disappointed--he was my favorite Sun for a long time.

i'm with ya for the most part. I've got to keep rooting for the guy to do well because if he doesn't the team will suffer, but whenever he disappears, he's gonna take a beating from everyone and deservedly so IMO.

He's incredibly annoying, but again, agreeing with Chap, he's a Sun and so I still want to see him do well while he's wearing our unis.

azirish

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
i'm with ya for the most part. I've got to keep rooting for the guy to do well because if he doesn't the team will suffer, but whenever he disappears, he's gonna take a beating from everyone and deservedly so IMO.

He's incredibly annoying, but again, agreeing with Chap, he's a Sun and so I still want to see him do well while he's wearing our unis.

Actually the same could be said about any Suns player. I'm not optomistic about Banks, but I can't help rooting for him to become good because of how much it would help the team.

Sometimes I get the feeling that certain "fans" are quick to dump on a guy and then keeps ragging just to say "I told you so".