Malcom Butler

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
didn't really love what we saw of him in the pre season, he's mostly hype at this point. give him a shot and see what happens

Giving Gowan time to develop is about all the Cardinals can do and see if he gets better.

As I recall he had one nice pass breakup when the ball bounced off his helmet. :wink2:

Red on White

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Not having that third preseason game no biggie in the grand scheme of things but given we're going to have to delve deeper than we thought into our list of corners it's perhaps a missed opportunity

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Gambo just said on air that Murphy and Wilson will be the starting CBs with Alford as the 3rd. They must really like what they are seeing out of the kid. We still certainly need depth is Butler walks away.

What choice do they have? How could they say or do anything else, at this point? Hell, I think I'M the next starter up on the depth chart, and I'm 45 recovering from a broken leg.

Looking forward to seeing more Marco Wilson.

Wilson has all the elite physical traits to play corner and gets to practice vs Nuk, Green, Kirk, Moore etc

I mean, we're definitely due to hit on a later-round pick as a star, for once. Even a blink monkey finds a banana once in a while, right? I'd say blind squirrel, but that was Graves...

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What choice do they have? How could they say or do anything else, at this point? Hell, I think I'M the next starter up on the depth chart, and I'm 45 recovering from a broken leg.

I mean, we're definitely due to hit on a later-round pick as a star, for once. Even a blink monkey finds a banana once in a while, right? I'd say blind squirrel, but that was Graves...

You need to knock the receiver down at the line of scrimmage. No running with him. :cool:

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
The Titans are going to score 50 pts. Better start Tannehill, Henry, AJ and JJ w/out hesitation week 1.

Brak

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Some random jabroni just posted this comment on the PFT article about being placed on reserved/retired list. I have no idea if it's legit, but sure sounds plausible given what little we do know...

"Butler faked the flu after seekng the gameplan, flew out late after his pouting in practice, arrived, and told coaches to “shut the eff up”.

Then, as an adult athlete, after being told he wasn’t startint for the first series, started crying.

As a veteran teammates of his said “he knew why he wasn’t playing”.

You don’t tell the coach to “shut the eff up” in front of the entite team after showing up late."

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some random jabroni just posted this comment on the PFT article about being placed on reserved/retired list. I have no idea if it's legit, but sure sounds plausible given what little we do know...

"Butler faked the flu after seekng the gameplan, flew out late after his pouting in practice, arrived, and told coaches to “shut the eff up”.

Then, as an adult athlete, after being told he wasn’t startint for the first series, started crying.

You don’t tell the coach to “shut the eff up” in front of the entite team after showing up late."
Yea if that’s true **** that guy... he can stay retired

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Seriously though... if this is anywhere close to accurate I hope he retires and stays that way.

Frank The Fixer

Veteran
Reaction score
It sucks because the team is thin at the position but I wasn’t expecting Butler to be anything more than serviceable(at best)

BigDavis75

Making a Comeback
Reaction score

I'll wait to pass judgement until we actually find out what happened but I honestly still don't know why he was held out of Super Bowl 52...

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Byron Murphy/Alford and who? This is the saddest group of Cardinals CB's I can ever remember. That's one ok slot corner and nothing anyone else would have in their top 3.

We're seriously going to rely on Marco Wilson and Robert Alford. That's somewhere beyond pathetic planning.
The Aeneas Cardinals CBs were the worst I've seen. This isn't even close to that bad.

Hoodhero

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I knew it wouldn't take long for P2 to take his shot. He just posted "I guess it was not meant to be wored" on his Instagram

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
1993 Secondary was pretty bad:

Attachments

• 800DC65C-4997-45D0-82F1-09F42BEE14EC.jpeg
    800DC65C-4997-45D0-82F1-09F42BEE14EC.jpeg
    210.3 KB · Views: 6

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member