Malcom Butler

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You used to be more intellectually honest than this and just admit that you were exaggerating when you went out on a limb and ended up wrong. Disappointing.

According to Pro Football Reference, Greens career comparisons are Antonio Freeman and Sterling Sharpe. Neither of those guys are coming close to the hall of fame.

Cmon, man. He can be an above average #2 right now and a guy who accumulated a bunch of junk yardage as the only passing option under Andy Dalton.

I think this is somewhat hypocritical. You went and reached for DVOA to try to prove a point. A metric we have since proven has no real bearing over production or quality.

Keenan Allen was in the pro bowl and was 50th last year. Nelson Aghalor was 10th. I guess if they were both FA we would sign Nelson Aghalor.

Deandre Hopkins was 19th, had 1400 yards and was a pro bowler. Will Fuller was 7th. I guess we took the wrong Texans receiver.

All we know about DVOA is that it doesn't tell us anything about how good Green (or any other WR) is going to be.

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think this is somewhat hypocritical. You went and reached for DVOA to try to prove a point. A metric we have since proven has no real bearing over production or quality.

Keenan Allen was in the pro bowl and was 50th last year. Nelson Aghalor was 10th. I guess if they were both FA we would sign Nelson Aghalor.

Deandre Hopkins was 19th, had 1400 yards and was a pro bowler. Will Fuller was 7th. I guess we took the wrong Texans receiver.

All we know about DVOA is that it doesn't tell us anything about how good Green (or any other WR) is going to be.
I’ve been laughin at DVOA as an overall metric for quite some time. K9 is really the only person that uses it around here consistently to try and prove his points.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Kirk Year 1 - 49 YPG
Kirk Year 2 - 54.5 YPG
Cards sign Hopkins, Kirks targets drop 30%
Kirk Year 3 - 44 YPG

Curtis Samuel through his first 3 years never crossed 40 YPG.

So again, your argument is more darksider nonsense. Kirk is clearly better through his first 3 years in the league. The ONLY thing that has you liking Samuel over Kirk is that Samuel had a nice 4th year where he had 56 YPG. A year that Kirk hasn't had the opportunity to have yet.

Going back to the original point is it really hard to see why the Cards didn't sign him? You're looking for a guy to play outside opposite Nuk and you're saying you wouldn't look at Samuel and think you could get that out of Kirk for much less money?
Haha you’re still posting stuff that goes against your argument. So kirks year three number that you posted is the WORST of his career. Now look at Samuel’s trend EVERY YEAR IN THE RIGHT direction.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Haha you’re still posting stuff that goes against your argument. So kirks year three number that you posted is the WORST of his career. Now look at Samuel’s trend EVERY YEAR IN THE RIGHT direction.

No.

Hard to not trend up when you start so low.

Hard to not have a down year when your targets drop 30%.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I’ve been laughin at DVOA as an overall metric for quite some time. K9 is really the only person that uses it around here consistently to try and prove his points.
I think DVOA is kind of like if your aunt had a ---- she'd be your uncle.

Take it with a grain of salt. It's a nice metric, but when WILL FULLER is ranked better than Hopkins, you know that it isn't reality.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

Nelson Aghalor over Keenan Allen? Eh.

The problem is what would have happened if Allen ran all of Aghalor's routes and vice versa? It's not a complete view at all.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard