Looking for Article Writers for the ASFN Frontpage

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shaggy/Iceman, if you would like any article proofread, I'd be happy to do so for you. Can't guarantee I will catch every single thing (like a dangling participle or something like that) but I can promise I will catch anything that would make us look like idiots.

I'm far pickier in my proofreading than in my posting.

OP
OP
Iceman

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I'm football only for your site, since I'm an old STL guy. I'm pretty much retired now though I occasionally get ask for an opinion on some college film. I do a few games live, but I don't attend any of the All Star games anymore. When I go to games it's strictly as a fan. If something pops to mind I might put down a few lines, but with no proof reader they might be scary. How would we submit an article? Thanks for asking.

We will get you all the details as soon as the article section is done. It's getting close, so be ready! ;)

OP
OP
Iceman

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We'll see. Put me on reserves. Once everything is up if I see a way I can contribute I will write something up and if you like it you can use it and I'll consider continuing it. I don't mind writing when I come across a topic I know well and have a lot to say about.

For sure. I bet you start getting the itch as soon as you start seeing other members articles and it will be 2nd nature to you

OP
OP
Iceman

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shaggy/Iceman, if you would like any article proofread, I'd be happy to do so for you. Can't guarantee I will catch every single thing (like a dangling participle or something like that) but I can promise I will catch anything that would make us look like idiots.

I'm far pickier in my proofreading than in my posting.

That will be perfect. I am an average proofreader, so this will help out tremendously. Not to say that any of our writers will need a proofreading! :)

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I write. I would be happy to contribute to the site. Would we be given assignments or just writing on whatever we fancy at the time?

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I want to hear from:

Harry
Kerouac
Chopper
Joeshmo
Mitch

Those are the guys I will sometimes scroll through threads to read for various reasons. Harry has a lot of inside contacts. Kerouac doesn't mince words and backs up his takes with stats. Chopper has a good feel for the game. Joeshmo is similar to Chopper but doesn't post much anymore. And Mitch is a word master, and while he's sometimes WAAAY off (Shane Boyd!!???), he also sometimes sees things that NO ONE ELSE sees (release of Matt Leinart, he called it many months before it happened).

OP
OP
Iceman

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We are getting closer to getting the front page (article section) completed. Just a few more steps and it should be ready. Just wanted to give everyone that has shown interest in writing a quick update.

azcatzguy

Reaction score
ASFN Writer

Hello there,
I'd be interesting in giving this a shot if still available. Sorry I came late to the show, the email was buried deep behind my SI, Bleacher Report and other sports related newsletters ;)

Let me know what you need. Thanks in advance
~Gil

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:thud:

You post too much, azcatzguy.

1 post in 5.5 years. Take a break from the keyboard. :)

jw7

Woof!
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There used to be a blogger forum. I wrote some articles on dogs. Do you know what happened to it?

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
There used to be a blogger forum. I wrote some articles on dogs. Do you know what happened to it?

Nope, there is noting in the files that show it. I can look again, but didn't see it the first time. There are a lot of folders on the site that I will look to see if its somewhere in there.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

I kid.

If one were to be published could that one be anonymous and use a pen name? I would like to be Uther Pendragon.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

I kid.

If one were to be published could that one be anonymous and use a pen name? I would like to be Uther Pendragon.

Whatever floats your boat. :D

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard