Looking for Article Writers for the ASFN Frontpage

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We are looking for interested article writers for the front page of the AFSN page. Articles can be about pretty much any topic- sports, entertainment, gaming, etc.. Please post in this thread or PM me or Shaggy if this seems like something that would interest you or if you have any questions.

OP
OP
Iceman

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mos def. Let me know when you're looking for content.

Nice. K9, I know you have been PM my brother about it and looking forward to having your articles. We are setting up the front page now, so will let you all the info as we are ready to go live

OP
OP
Iceman

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are you looking for unique content or might you be interested in syndicated content?

We are looking for unique content, Moosehead. You can be the outdoors/hunting writer! :)

trellaine

Reaction score
We are looking for interested article writers for the front page of the AFSN page. Articles can be about pretty much any topic- sports, entertainment, gaming, etc.. Please post in this thread or PM me or Shaggy if this seems like something that would interest you or if you have any questions.

Would you stop sending me emails all the time! I asked to be taken off the list but yet you continue sending!

Thanks

OP
OP
Iceman

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Would you stop sending me emails all the time! I asked to be taken off the list but yet you continue sending!

Thanks

Not sure why you have not been taken off the list, but we will make note of it. Sorry

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I'd be interested as well. I only do football though; not interested in movies or politics or current events. Basically not anything indicating I have a life.

Last edited:

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm down. I lettered in Journalism for a reason, right?

:jedi:

#truestory

FutureGM

Reaction score
"The Many Fates of Spider Man"
With Sony executives having gathered last month in London for their reported Spidey Summit to discuss a course of action on their recently maligned franchise, we the fans anxiously awaited any news of what the future may hold for our friendly neighborhood web head. Would rumors of Amazing Spider Man 3 casting extras in Atlanta see a continuation by Sony of Mark Webb's trilogy, keeping Andrew Garfield as the film's lead? Would Sony instead go with the rumored "soft reboot" of the franchise, discarding Garfield while recasting Spider Man to cameo in their upcoming Sinister Six movie? Would Sony finally succumb to fans clamoring for a shared deal with Marvel Studios to get Spidey swinging through the MCU? Well we finally have an answer on the future of Spider Man. Late last night Marvel released an announcement that they had reached an agreement with Sony to bring Spider Man into the MCU.

Bob Iger, Chairman and CEO, The Walt Disney Company said: "Spider-Man is one of Marvel's great characters, beloved around the world. We're thrilled to work with Sony Pictures to bring the iconic web-slinger into the Marvel Cinematic Universe, which opens up fantastic new opportunities for storytelling and franchise building."
"We always want to collaborate with the best and most successful filmmakers to grow our franchises and develop our characters. Marvel, Kevin Feige and Amy, who helped orchestrate this deal, are the perfect team to help produce the next chapter of Spider-Man," said Michael Lynton, Chairman and CEO of Sony Pictures Entertainment. "This is the right decision for the franchise, for our business, for Marvel, and for the fans."
"Sony Pictures and Marvel Studios share a love for the characters in the Spider-Man universe and have a long, successful history of working together. This new level of collaboration is the perfect way to take Peter Parker's story into the future," added Doug Belgrad, president, Sony Pictures Entertainment Motion Picture Group.
"I am thrilled to team with my friends at Sony Pictures along with Amy Pascal to produce the next Spider-Man movie," said Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige. "Amy has been deeply involved in the realization on film of one of the world’s most beloved characters. Marvel's involvement will hopefully deliver the creative continuity and authenticity that fans demand from the MCU. I am equally excited for the opportunity to have Spider-Man appear in the MCU, something which both we at Marvel, and fans alike, have been looking forward to for years."

Here is my speculation (or hopes you could say) for “The Spectacular Spider Man” to appear in an after credit scene for Avengers: Age of Ultron (Peter at an Oscorp field trip being bitten by a spider). Spider Man will make an important cameo in Civil War where he is revealed to be a teenager. The Spectacular Spider Man solo films will premier in 2017 completely rebooting the franchise making all the Raimi and Webb films non-cannon.
Now that Sony made their announcement, we wait and speculate with Bruce the gargoyle on Parker's fate. I pray I will not be screaming like JJ when we find out more of what Marvel has in store.
More on Marvel.com

EuroCard

Rookie
Reaction score
If you want a perspective from the UK

I would be happy to contribute, I will try and americanize the spelling!

basebald

Reaction score
Contributing for your site

Hello Guys,

I would be interested in contributing to your site.

Attachments

• AZ Diamondbacks Player Aaron Hill.docx
    12.3 KB · Views: 15
  • AZ State Sun Devils Baseball 2015 Preview.docx
    14 KB · Views: 16

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can write articles about all the fun sporting event tickets I get from ASFN each time I get more :)

OP
OP
Iceman

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can write articles about all the fun sporting event tickets I get from ASFN each time I get more :)

Too funny. Guess you will just have to be our guinea pig and go to all of these games for us all! ;)

OP
OP
Iceman

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also, thanks for all the interest in writing articles for the forum. We wanted to make sure we had enough interest to make it worth it. We are implementing the format for the front page and should be done quickly. As soon as it is, we will contact you all with information about how to get started. Thanks again. Love being part of this forum!

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd consider reviewing video games on it that come out.

Redheart

Stack 'em up!
Reaction score
OK. I'll write you some stories. I wish to write after I retire; it will be good practice. I know, I'm talkin' about practice...

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This would be perfect too. You in big red?

We'll see. Put me on reserves. Once everything is up if I see a way I can contribute I will write something up and if you like it you can use it and I'll consider continuing it. I don't mind writing when I come across a topic I know well and have a lot to say about.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I'm football only for your site, since I'm an old STL guy. I'm pretty much retired now though I occasionally get ask for an opinion on some college film. I do a few games live, but I don't attend any of the All Star games anymore. When I go to games it's strictly as a fan. If something pops to mind I might put down a few lines, but with no proof reader they might be scary. How would we submit an article? Thanks for asking.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard