Locker room talk, after the Eagles game. 10/9/22

tnmike

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I didn’t say anything about the cussing… Him sticking up for his fellow man/kicker and putting it on the whole team and not just the kicker is the epitome of leadership… Willing to go in front of the reporters and nip that in the bud.

Attachments

• barney.jpg
    barney.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 2

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Your dismissal of the scared thing fails to take into consideration that this isn’t a one-time faux pas of kylers. This is his established pattern.
I mostly appreciate Kyler avoiding contact, but if it's to pick up a first down in a do or die situation, I expect him to dive forward for the 1st.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I mostly appreciate Kyler avoiding contact, but if it's to pick up a first down in a do or die situation, I expect him to dive forward for the 1st.
Right? That wasn’t even a matter of he needed to run someone over. He just needed to dive forward. We see other QBs do that ALL THE TIME.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
ill play devils advocate (kinda):

i think sliding short of the first down was less about avoiding contact and more about not knowing the rule on sliding

Im willing to bet that Kyler thought he had it -- probably easily. but its where the slide starts, not where you hit the ground. Not sure he knows that.

BTW: if you really want to be haunted: go look at a wide angle of the play.

IF Kyler had cut outside on his run:

no worse than a first down and out of bounds with the clock stopped.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

EDIT: In the first instance of this post, I thought he had a chance to score, but there is one more Eagle defender on that side of the field who likely forces him out of bounds shortly after the first down

Last edited:

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agreed. I wonder how much is a 'avoiding contact' thing, or if his baseball background and the baseball slide has anything to do with it.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This might be my favorite one so far! Two Kyler did in there!

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

i think sliding short of the first down was less about avoiding contact and more about not knowing the rule on sliding

Im willing to bet that Kyler thought he had it -- probably easily. but its where the slide starts, not where you hit the ground. Not sure he knows that.

EDIT: In the first instance of this post, I thought he had a chance to score, but there is one more Eagle defender on that side of the field who likely forces him out of bounds shortly after the first down

Not knowing the rule in sliding? Give me a break. How long has he been playing football and sliding? Talk about making excuses. Sheesh

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
neither alternative is a positive, so where's the excuse?
Right. It’s not an excuse. To not know that rule is a criticism. One that again goes to the heart of not being the consummate student of the game.

Either way, it’s failure on Kyler’s part at the most important point of the game.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Right. It’s not an excuse. To not know that rule is a criticism. One that again goes to the heart of not being the consummate student of the game.

Either way, it’s failure on Kyler’s part at the most important point of the game.
Kyler not knowing the rule can't be the case. Didn't he do this already once this year prior to last week? If anything, he should have learned it the first time.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kyler not knowing the rule can't be the case. Didn't he do this already once this year prior to last week? If anything, he should have learned it the first time.
He’s done this repeatedly throughout his career. The fact that he keeps doing it leaves the question up for debate, why?

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
He’s done this repeatedly throughout his career. The fact that he keeps doing it leaves the question up for debate, why?
Until he proves otherwise I will continue to believe that KM is just not football smart. I have no idea of his IQ outside of playing QB, he may be brilliant, but so far he has shown to be unwilling to learn or just can't learn to read defenses and play well in situational football. Certainly has not looked worth a quarter of a billion dollars to me, before or after the extension.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Which is we shouldn't use ignorance as the why. I wish I knew why.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Ehhh he literally slid short of the sticks just two weeks prior costing the team
wasnt that diff? He slid in bounds as if they were trying to burn clock when they were desperately trying to save time

not that it makes it better...........

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

I thought he could get the first running outside and stopping the clock.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

You needn’t be a student of the game to know a basic rule of quarterback play when . . . you’ve been a quarterback for likely 15 years of your life.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
When Kyler curses there is a thread about him doing so in a negative way...
Because the same people who apparently didn’t like kyler cursing in a presser are the same people who do like pugh doing it…? This is a large forum with a large number of varying opinions. Cmon bro.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Because the same people who apparently didn’t like kyler cursing in a presser are the same people who do like pugh doing it…? This is a large forum with a large number of varying opinions. Cmon bro.
I didn't say they were the same people. I don't have the time to go though post after post to see who said what. The fact is that there is an entire thread complaining about Kyler cursing. You can take whatever you want from it.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose