Locker room talk, after the Eagles game. 10/9/22

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
5.8 yards per attempt for Murray..only Mitchell Trubisky worse at 5.6.

When half of the play calls are passes behind the LOS what do you expect? This is a result of the college offensive system we are running.

I get it, teams are playing 2 high across the league this year which is taking away the deep shots, but we need better play designs on those short throws. They are way too obvious and easy to defend.

Hopkins return will improve the YPA statistics meaningfully because he's very good at finding holes in 2 high zone coverage.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
I don't even care about coddling, I just want a coach that will teach and help him improve on his deficiencies.
Wouldn't make a difference when Murray already thinks he has it all down pat and doesn't have any deficiencies.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
When half of the play calls are passes behind the LOS what do you expect? This is a result of the college offensive system we are running.

I get it, teams are playing 2 high across the league this year which is taking away the deep shots, but we need better play designs on those short throws. They are way too obvious and easy to defend.

Hopkins return will improve the YPA statistics meaningfully because he's very good at finding holes in 2 high zone coverage.
I will say Im still shocked Kliff never implemented or demanded more under center stuff.

I saw the Seahawks get a long TD the other day because of play action. Even though they werent running much. They just wanted to give that look to get a shot deep.

We need more run action plays. It helps so many teams get chunk plays. At least while w/o Hopkins.

Maybe they figured they'd rather stick to the formula so when Hopkins returns its not a big adjustment in game plan. Idk.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

What do other defenses run against the chiefs or the bills or any other top passing offense. I would bet it’s a lot of the same types of defenses. Kliff should just watch a Chiefs game and call the same plays verbatim and see what happens

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will say Im still shocked Kliff never implemented or demanded more under center stuff.

I saw the Seahawks get a long TD the other day because of play action. Even though they werent running much. They just wanted to give that look to get a shot deep.

We need more run action plays. It helps so many teams get chunk plays. At least while w/o Hopkins.

Maybe they figured they'd rather stick to the formula so when Hopkins returns its not a big adjustment in game plan. Idk.
After successfully running more under center offense against the Panthers, I could only shake my head watching us do none of it this week.

Same thing happened against Dallas last year. Running game was effective. Offense caught them off balance… and then under center went totally AWOL the next week against the Seahags.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When Kyler curses there is a thread about him doing so in a negative way...
I didn’t say anything about the cussing… Him sticking up for his fellow man/kicker and putting it on the whole team and not just the kicker is the epitome of leadership… Willing to go in front of the reporters and nip that in the bud.

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
What do other defenses run against the chiefs or the bills or any other top passing offense. I would bet it’s a lot of the same types of defenses. Kliff should just watch a Chiefs game and call the same plays verbatim and see what happens

Long plays are way down across the league this year and if you have followed the Chiefs closely they are not having success deep at all. The Bills had two great long TDs yesterday when Gabe Davis made incredible plays and grown man took the ball away from defenders. But overall the league has gone 2 high and limited the deep passes across the board. Teams have to punish that by running the ball.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
KM is a talent for sure but so hard for me to like. Ertz doesn’t turn his head around fast enough on pass to him and KM is pointing and whining about it for all to see on the field of play. KM misses a wide open Ertz way down the field with the game on the line and you see none that crap from Ertz. His demeanor has bugged me from day one. He exudes doubt more than confidence.
QBs call out backs and receivers all the damn time, that's nothing new. You rarely, if ever, we the opposite. Wanna know why? Because they want the QB to still throw them the ball.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score

I agree...Maybe it's because they really don't have a high point receiver, to out leap defenders in traffic. Green could at one time, that time has past. That's all I got.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn’t say anything about the cussing… Him sticking up for his fellow man/kicker and putting it on the whole team and not just the kicker is the epitome of leadership… Willing to go in front of the reporters and nip that in the bud.
Not you. There is a thread about it.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
5.8 yards per attempt for Murray..only Mitchell Trubisky worse at 5.6.
noted this earlier in the week: last year, Kyler was pretty much money on deep throws

this year: not so much

first INT: looked like Brown was breaking open long, Kyler threw it on a line and short rather than airing it out

he had a sideline throw to AJ Green that was 2 yards out of bounds

deep crosser to Ertz got airmailed

i know he missed time in training camp: curious if he is dealing with a throwing arm or shoulder issue

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
QBs call out backs and receivers all the damn time, that's nothing new. You rarely, if ever, we the opposite. Wanna know why? Because they want the QB to still throw them the ball.
Not QB’s that take no responsibility for their own numerous errors. His demeanor on the field when things go wrong is a disgrace in my opinion. He is no leader.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I too wish he'd have gotten 1 more yard before sliding(which is a good decision to save time, no pileup or being held down by defenders), but you do also know the players can't see the yellow line, right?
It’s amazing that I don’t see other QBs with this same problem over and over and over again. They must have gotten lasik.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
My point was that sliding was the right move, he just needed to start it 1 yard further. He was arguing that sliding was the wrong move. I don't think anyone is defending Kyler going down before the line, that's not even in question here

Edit: I didn't see it as being scared, I think he believed he got the first. He still had a couple yards before contact would have gotten him so I never considered it a scared thing.
Your dismissal of the scared thing fails to take into consideration that this isn’t a one-time faux pas of kylers. This is his established pattern.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
So if he get's the first down, so what? They spike it and it's second down. There were 20 seconds left, and they're out of time outs. The get a two more plays, maybe one at most which could have been run in the middle of the field. With the defense playing back you want to take some shots into the endzone?

Do you really think that kicker was a lock to make if from 33 instead of 43?

I'm not saying it wasn't a bad play, it was, although the run itself did pick up, what, 8 or 10 yards. But saying that play lost us the game isn't fair.

And @Stout, I saw K1 stand in the pocket and take some shots while delivering the ball today, so you calling him a coward and whatever is bs.
Actually if you watch how close the kick was, that 10 yards may have been the difference in making verses missing the kick.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
That guy was going to miss from 33 or 23 just like he missed from 43, that's what I'm saying. He had no shot.
Except his kick likely is good from closer in. Dudes career long was 43 and he was 2-9 on kicks from 40-49. So putting that guy in a position where he had to match his greatest professional feat was a failure in and of itself.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When Kyler curses there is a thread about him doing so in a negative way...
And the complaints about Kyler implied he should keep that kind of locker room talk where it belongs - on the field, on the sideline, or quite literally in the locker room rather than at a postgame presser.

Where did Pugh curse? Oh yeah, in the locker room. Take mics and a camera in the locker room and you get what you get.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And the complaints about Kyler implied he should keep that kind of locker room talk where it belongs - on the field, on the sideline, or quite literally in the locker room rather than at a postgame presser.

Where did Pugh curse? Oh yeah, in the locker room. Take mics and a camera in the locker room and you get what you get.
If it gets posted, it isn't exactly in the locker room any more is it?