dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2-0 Win against Burnley.

One loss in the past 17 league games.
4 clean sheets in the past 6 league games.
Only team to have not been defeated in the league this year.

This team is a joy to watch. Coutinho just signed a new contract but he is already earning another one. I have a feeling we will be selling Sterling next year to Real or the highest builder.

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another game, another win. It was a win they didn't quite deserve against the Swans but they got it nonetheless. Finding a way to squeak out a win on the road is a sign of a good team. They have held a club record 6 straight clean sheets on the road.

Big, BIG game against United on Sunday. A win could see them into the top 4.

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sad excuse of a game really. The first half we were outplayed again. Gerrard dismissed 45 seconds after his second half sub is inexcusable. We needed his leadership and he gets a straight red immediately. We were the better team after that though and managed to get to 2-1.

We are now 5 points out of the top 4 with Arsenal to play next. If we don't win that game, we pretty much will be on the outside looking in.

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Big game against the Gunners this weekend. Lose and all hope of a top 4 finish fades. Win and we have an outside shot. Come on Liverpool!

Neo

Red Tape Sorter
Reaction score
Gerrard is suspended, Martin Skrtel is suspended, Sturridge is still recovering (and the next time he plays at the Emirates it will be as a member of the home squad). Lucas is rusty.

Arsenal wins this one comfortably and Liverpool returns to Europa League.

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gerrard is suspended, Martin Skrtel is suspended, Sturridge is still recovering (and the next time he plays at the Emirates it will be as a member of the home squad). Lucas is rusty.

Arsenal wins this one comfortably and Liverpool returns to Europa League.

They don't win it comfortably. I can see a 2:1 score for Arsenal. Gerrard doesn't have the impact he once did. Skrtel out is big, he has been good for us this year. Sturridge playing for Arsenal??? That isn't happening. Do you mean Sterling? Personally I'd sell Sterling if we could bring in Pedro from Barca instead. I bet we could get 70-75M for Sterling, while buying Pedro for around 35-40. I'd also be ok with a straight swap for Bale although that probably isn't happening.

Last edited:

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
There is some amount of talk that Bayern is seriously interested in Sterling since Ribery and Robben are getting older and Sterling fits the profile of dribbling attacking player.

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is some amount of talk that Bayern is seriously interested in Sterling since Ribery and Robben are getting older and Sterling fits the profile of dribbling attacking player.

Sounds good to me. Even though Rodgers said that they aren't selling Sterling, they should sell high here and make smart purchases. If they can get a Khedira and a Pedro for example in return for Sterling, they should do it...

SO91

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
They don't win it comfortably. I can see a 2:1 score for Arsenal. Gerrard doesn't have the impact he once did. Skrtel out is big, he has been good for us this year. Sturridge playing for Arsenal??? That isn't happening. Do you mean Sterling? Personally I'd sell Sterling if we could bring in Pedro from Barca instead. I bet we could get 70-75M for Sterling, while buying Pedro for around 35-40. I'd also be ok with a straight swap for Bale although that probably isn't happening.

You think Pedro would go for as much or more than Alexis?

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You think Pedro would go for as much or more than Alexis?

I think true wingers will be overpriced because they don't go on the market as often. Someone would overpay for him in the Premier League if they let him go and it would be a steal. I don't think he will make quite the impact that Alexis did, but pretty close.

SO91

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I think true wingers will be overpriced because they don't go on the market as often. Someone would overpay for him in the Premier League if they let him go and it would be a steal. I don't think he will make quite the impact that Alexis did, but pretty close.

I'm obviously super biased, but I don't think it's even close.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Well, there's going to be a bloodbath in Liverpool on Monday. With Carver's negative tactics and the game on the road, I say there's about a 5% chance of a lucky, ugly draw with Liverpool, and probably less than 1% chance of a Newcastle victory.

Stout

Reaction score
Liverpool fans showed real class, receiving Guttierez so well. Of course, Newcastle captain Sissokho showed NO class, getting two quick yellows that led to the red--especially since the 2nd yellow should have been a straight red.

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Liverpool fans showed real class, receiving Guttierez so well. Of course, Newcastle captain Sissokho showed NO class, getting two quick yellows that led to the red--especially since the 2nd yellow should have been a straight red.

Oh yes. I meant to comment on that in the Newcastle thread. I thought the ovation was real class. Made me glad I choose Liverpool. Has he gotten that everywhere he has gone so far? I haven't watched but a few Newcastle games and they weren't before he came back.

The first goal was a bit of individual brilliance by Sterling in about 2 months. I hope he keeps it up and we sell high. A 70 or 80m sell would be nice. I don't think he is worth that much. Coutinho is such a joy to watch. He is our best and most important player.

Last edited:

Stout

Reaction score
Well, he got that his first game, but it was at home. He started at Sunderland, so no chance for the away fans there. I think this was the first away game he was subbed into.

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, he got that his first game, but it was at home. He started at Sunderland, so no chance for the away fans there. I think this was the first away game he was subbed into.

:thumbup:

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wonderful strike by Coutinho to get an undeserved win. Still even the 0-0 that it should have been is miles better than the 6-1 thrashing we got at the end of the last year in the same fixture.

Coutinho is so man good. I was surprised a bit when he started in place of Oscar in Brazil's games the past few months, but he is showing why. My favorite player to watch now that Suarez is gone.

https://vine.co/v/ew2lxZTYqEi

Last edited:

Cardsfanstl

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Watched that game. Liverpool has quite a few new players which will take time to work together. Coutinho's strike was a thing of beauty.

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Watched that game. Liverpool has quite a few new players which will take time to work together. Coutinho's strike was a thing of beauty.

Yeah, it was. He is my favorite player in the league to watch. Pretty happy that Brazil shockingly didn't include him in the squad so he can focus on LFC.

I love the Benteke signing and another 1-0 win. We definitely got the favor of the refs today.

Cardsfanstl

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Just watched the highlights. IMO Coutinho was in an offside position and made a play on the ball so it should have been called. Tough luck for Bournemouth since they have played good in both games so far and lost both 1-0.

At least Chelsea lost.

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very entertaining game at Arsenal. 0-0 is a good result considering they had a goal that was called offsides and was probably on. We had several amazing chances that Cech stopped. No surprise he was man of the match. 7 points from first 3 games with 4 points on the road. I'll take that!

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rodgers is out after a 1-1 Derby at Everton.

I liked Rodgers and thought he was a fall guy. He is only a year and a half from almost winning a title.

They just don't have the talent to be consistently in the top 4 at the moment. They only have one player (Coutinho) that could start at any club in the world.

With that said, I would be thrilled if we can get Jurgen Klopp.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson