OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
3-1 at Chelsea, 4-1 at Man City, and now 6-1 at Southampton. One defeat in the last 16 or 17 games. This team is on a roll! Onto Stoke and the Semi-Finals.

I feel bad for Newcastle.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
3-1 at Chelsea, 4-1 at Man City, and now 6-1 at Southampton. One defeat in the last 16 or 17 games. This team is on a roll! Onto Stoke and the Semi-Finals.

I feel bad for Newcastle too lol Three points for you lot for sure.

Then again, Liverpool's beating everyone, and Newcastle is crap. Classic trap game :)

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score

Klopp is a genius! Nice to see Sturridge back, when healthy, he's a force.

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
*Crickets chirping*

Klopp made 6 changes to the team that put up 6 against Southhampton. A little excessive. I think he took Newcastle too lightly.

Liverpool for all of their possession did nothing with the ball. Newcastle were the much more dangerous team.

I'd say Newcastle deserved the win, but the game would have been much different if the Moreno goal that was ruled offsides stood. He was onside by a half a yard. You definitely deserved a result though.

I hope a win like this can propel your season.

Stout

Reaction score
Klopp made 6 changes to the team that put up 6 against Southhampton. A little excessive. I think he took Newcastle too lightly.

Liverpool for all of their possession did nothing with the ball. Newcastle were the much more dangerous team.

I'd say Newcastle deserved the win, but the game would have been much different if the Moreno goal that was ruled offsides stood. He was onside by a half a yard. You definitely deserved a result though.

I hope a win like this can propel your season.

Absolutely, without question. Classic trap game. If Liverpool had taken the game serious, and put in a proper lineup, Newcastle would have been in real trouble. Still, like you said, they put in a good shift and earned the points. Thanks for the well wishes too.

Yeah, that Moreno goal was clearly offsides...until I saw the replay. A goal, no question. I just hollered at the TV "I don't care--we need the 3 points!"

Now we go to Tottenham. Ugh.

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Love seeing Liverpool beat Man U over the Europa league tie. Surprising to learn that this was the first time these teams ever met. We are definitely a class above them right now, even though they are ahead of us in the table at the moment.

Man U has a big darby this week. I hope it is a draw so we can move closer to a top 4 spot.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Love seeing Liverpool beat Man U over the Europa league tie. Surprising to learn that this was the first time these teams ever met. We are definitely a class above them right now, even though they are ahead of us in the table at the moment.

Man U has a big darby this week. I hope it is a draw so we can move closer to a top 4 spot.

What do you mean? First time they've ever met in the Europa League?

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What do you mean? First time they've ever met in the Europa League?

In European competition at all. Europa league or Champions League/European Cup.

That's what the commentators kept saying over and over again.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
In European competition at all. Europa league or Champions League/European Cup.

That's what the commentators kept saying over and over again.

I guess that's strange... but I'm not sure it's strange enough to say over and over again considering how much they play in the league and FA Cup.

Come to think of it, I don't remember seeing English vs. English teams that much in the European tournaments anyway. We see Spanish vs. Spanish a lot, but that just tells me that they are better in these tournaments than the English teams are.

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gave up a 2-0 lead in the last 20 minutes to lose 3-2 to a team even with them in points in the table. They just watched their last chance at a top 4 place go down with the ship.

They were stunning the 1st half and wasted chances the second half.

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One of the best Europa League games you will ever see Liverpool vs Dortmund. Wow. What an absolute classic.

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One of the most dominating performances I have ever seen in a darby. Man that was almost sad to watch for Everton. Something like 37 shots to 3 and 13 shots on target to 0. This was a 4-0 that probably should have been 7-0.

Stout

Reaction score
Shaping up to bee a thriller this weekend, and I'm sorry I won't get to watch. Newcastle have sucked, but are playing much better under Benitez--and it's his return to his old stomping grounds! If this one were being played in the northeast, I'd give the Mags every chance at a win, with their current form (they blanked City Tuesday, blind refs notwithstanding). As it's away, I'll take a draw, though we desperately need all three points. My only worry is that the effort seems to stop when we're on the road. As long as the desire is there, I expect Newcastle to be competitive. Looking at what Liverpool just did to Everton, though, makes me cringe a bit lol

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice 3-0 win against Villareal to make it to the Europa League final. We are the better team but Sevilla is the defending champ and has made it to the final 3 years in a row. We need this to play Champions League football and get us ready for next year.

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bitterly disappointing final. Typical of Liverpool's season really. Wildly inconsistent. Absolutely dominant 1st half, and dominated the 2nd half.

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Winning away 4-3 at Arsenal week 1 in a wild game, losing to Burnley week 2, and drawing at Spurs in a game they dominated. I guess 4 points isn't bad considering the competition and being away.

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow, lost to Burnley?

Yep. They scored in the first 90 seconds and again before half time, and our shooting was horrible. We also had over 80% possession and did nothing with it. It was horrible.

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Massive 2-1 win at Chelsea. Wins away at Arsenal and Chelsea to go with a home win against Leicester.

Henderson has a goal of the season candidate.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Great start to the season.

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another huge 5-1 win against Hull City. This team reminds me of the Rodgers team of 3 years ago. With no European football, they can focus on the league and they are.

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This team is successfully defending set pieces away from being the Champions. Keep it up Liverpool!