Let’s Talk About Lamb

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
If Hop is neutralizing an opponent’s CB1 + safety help, would it be that bad for Murray to funnel targets to Lamb or (other rookie WR)?
What I'm talking about here is Murray getting tunnel vision for Lamb when he gets pressured or in trouble.

Reaction score
Why list positive and negative examples, when the analysis has already been done over the last 25 years. These two articles are really interesting. TLDR: You have a bit better chance to draft a successful player OL than WR.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...e-safest-riskiest-at-the-top-of-the-nfl-draft

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/are-some-positions-riskier-to-pick-than-others-in-the-nfl-draft

...dave

According to this Simmons would be the safest pick due to playing both LB & S. Those are the top two safest positions to draft in the first.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well, someone will be and you shouldn't exclude yourself.

There is 100% no way even Keim trades his 2nd for a top 3 WR, gives Larry $11m for another year and then gambles his 1st on another WR1 thats actually going to be WR2 at best.

Never. Going. To. Happen.

More chance of drafting a QB at 8.

WakeForestCard

Veteran
Reaction score
Look at the Steelers with Brown and JuJu in 2018, 4 in Offense. Without Brown in 2019 30 in offense. I no Ross got hurt but it was a disaster when he was playing. JuJu got doubled and no one else could catch. Having two stud WR is how you win. And if you think Larry is still a stud I have 4 quards I will trade you that are studs too.

Big Ben played one full game. You can't just casually gloss over that part when comparing the Steelers 2018 to 2019 offenses and say it was due to brown haha.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
my theory:

that other NFL execs are actually saying that the Cards could take Lamb or Jeudy is really a Card FO effort to get someone to trade up

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
What I'm talking about here is Murray getting tunnel vision for Lamb when he gets pressured or in trouble.
Actually he threw to Lamb less than a third of the time. Marquise Brown was his primary target. Lamb did bail him out sometimes but Murray certainly didn’t have tunnel vision.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
What is it for WRs working with their college QB?
And what's the success rate there?

I think we have Rex Grossman and Jabar Gaffney, Jay Cutler to Earl Bennett, and Troy Smith to Ted Ginn Jr. as the only examples. Are there any I'm missing? Because none of those inspire confidence.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Actually he threw to Lamb less than a third of the time. Marquise Brown was his primary target. Lamb did bail him out sometimes but Murray certainly didn’t have tunnel vision.

Then why is there all the hype to get Lamb here if he wasn't even his favorite receiver? I think this is all over blown.

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Then why is there all the hype to get Lamb here if he wasn't even his favorite receiver? I think this is all over blown.
I knew that would be the response. Brown was the center of the passing game as the most experienced. Brown was a year ahead. Lamb caught the most TDs and blew away Brown’s YAC in 2019, the result of his offseason strength building. Lamb was clearly the receiver with the most upside. Murray’s opinion is the one that counts, but I’d still take Simmons first if he’s there.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some people have lost all sense of reason. If you think we're are drafting WR at 8 after trading for Nuk you're going to be seriously disappointed.
You and Solar7 have made your point, over and over and over again in nearly every thread, that you think drafting a WR at 8 is a terrible idea, and extremely unlikely to happen.

This post adds nothing to that stance except the additional claim that anyone who disagrees is an idiot. We could really use a lot less of that on this site (and in the world).

...dbs

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Those QBs don’t inspire confidence.
Then what's the point of the comment? I normally love your stuff, but the bust rate for WRs in the top 20 is real, whereas the bust rate for WRs that were drafted in the top 20 and have "confidence inspiring" college teammate QBs doesn't even exist.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
You and Solar7 have made your point, over and over and over again in nearly every thread, that you think drafting a WR at 8 is a terrible idea, and extremely unlikely to happen.

This post adds nothing to that stance except the additional claim that anyone who disagrees is an idiot. We could really use a lot less of that on this site (and in the world).

...dbs
Am I supposed to dance back and forth and say "no matter what we do it's gonna be a great idea" in every thread about the draft?

Honestly, we've (not just you, but some others as well) gone back and forth on this kind of thing in multiple threads. Am I not allowed to post unless I say "sounds great, go Cards" in every reply?

Edit: I also want to say, please don't think I'm calling you or anyone else an idiot for your take. It's an opinion, and I'm attacking the opinion. I respect both yours, @Harry's, and most of the posters' on this board's intelligence and contributions to the board.

Last edited:

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

Not that I’m a huge advocate for Lamb especially, but by your logic the pick is damned either way:
1. Kyler might be familiar with him, but will then use him as a crutch; or
2. Kyler doesn’t even like him, so what’s the point?

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Am I supposed to dance back and forth and say "no matter what we do it's gonna be a great idea" in every thread about the draft?
Of course not - but you have certainly made your stance more than abundantly clear in every possible thread, even ones that were specifically posted just to ask whom we think the Cardinals WILL take and not whom they SHOULD take.

Honestly, we've (not just you, but some others as well) gone back and forth on this kind of thing in multiple threads. Am I not allowed to post unless I say "sounds great, go Cards" in every reply?

Edit: I also want to say, please don't think I'm calling you or anyone else an idiot for your take. It's an opinion, and I'm attacking the opinion. I respect both yours, @Harry's, and most of the posters' on this board's intelligence and contributions to the board.
Who said anything about not being allowed to post your opinion?

My post that you quoted takes NO STANCE on whether the Cardinals should take a WR or an OT in the first round. In fact, i have no idea what they should do.

The point of my post was that after seeing the same opinion dozens of times, we could've really done without seeing it again when the only new piece is to add that "Some people have lost all sense of reason" if they think the Cardinals will take a WR at 8.

...dave

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Of course not - but you have certainly made your stance more than abundantly clear in every possible thread, even ones that were specifically posted just to ask whom we think the Cardinals WILL take and not whom they SHOULD take.

Who said anything about not being allowed to post your opinion?

My post that you quoted takes NO STANCE on whether the Cardinals should take a WR or an OT in the first round. In fact, i have no idea what they should do.

The point of my post was that after seeing the same opinion dozens of times, we could've really done without seeing it again when the only new piece is to add that "Some people have lost all sense of reason" if they think the Cardinals will take a WR at 8.

...dave
I'm not saying that you've said you feel a particular way about the draft.

However, why is it cool to have a bunch of people saying Lamb's the guy, and reiterating how much they don't want an offensive lineman, when it's not okay for those of us who don't see it that way to have our take?

I really don't get it. Seems like a double standard. It feels like you're asking me to drop my opinion in a thread and leave. I could be wrong about your perspective.

There's nothing wrong with saying "I have no idea what they should do," but if the entire board was just here to say "we have no clue or opinions," I feel like it'd be a pretty boring place.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
I'm not saying that you've said you feel a particular way about the draft.

However, why is it cool to have a bunch of people saying Lamb's the guy, and reiterating how much they don't want an offensive lineman, when it's not okay for those of us who don't see it that way to have our take?

I really don't get it. Seems like a double standard. It feels like you're asking me to drop my opinion in a thread and leave. I could be wrong about your perspective.

There's nothing wrong with saying "I have no idea what they should do," but if the entire board was just here to say "we have no clue or opinions," I feel like it'd be a pretty boring place.

I think the big difference here is the guys who don’t want to draft an OT don’t say they will be pissed if we do or the team will be “stupid” to do that, or that anyone that wants a WR has “no sense”. It seems the “don’t draft WR” folks are militant about it and dismiss anyone else’s opinion as nonsense

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson