Let’s Take a Moment to Overreact to Kyler’s IG Page

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Sure, if KM accepts around 30-35 mill a season, we can resolve it. I don't even like that, but fine. Otherwise, KM can go pout in the corner and play his video games, then return to TC when he wants to stop losing money, then play in the regular season because he is in a no-win situation if he wants to hold out.
Pretty much where I'm at.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We'll have to agree to disagree. I don't believe I ever used the word generational, but I do believe he has star quality talent. He's also 24 years old & needs to mature emotionally. Was he frustrated? Absolutely. And he has to learn to handle frustration better. But, I'd 100% prefer working with a young kid with his talent & desire to win than to take chances going in another direction.
You called him transcendent which is just a ludicrous as generational.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
Sure, if KM accepts around 30-35 mill a season, we can resolve it. I don't even like that, but fine. Otherwise, KM can go pout in the corner and play his video games, then return to TC when he wants to stop losing money, then play in the regular season because he is in a no-win situation if he wants to hold out.
Stout he's not taking 35. He's not even going to take 40. Reading the tea leaves he's going to get paid and real soon.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mahomes won a Super Bowl and is getting $45 Million/year. Win something first, Kyler

Mahomes didn't have a 29 million year 5 option, a 35 million franchise tag, and a 46 million franchise tag.

That's the base economics for a 3 year extension, 40 million average.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kyler isn’t demanding a trade. Juicy speculation by Breer though.

Gambo thinks he is if this isn't done before the draft.

As stated before though it would seem his source is Kyler's agent.

I am moving into the trade him territory I just wish they never extended Frick and Frack so we could get an actual fresh start.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I loved hearing what Max Starks had to say about this last Friday. At the 6:37 mark...

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
Reading the tea leaves, he WANTS to be paid real soon. That doesn't mean the team has to be stupid enough to do it.
I think the stupid thing would be to not have an out in about 4 years. He still has to play through his original contract and the fifth year option. So two years into this extension the cards need to have an out that's not crippling. Hopefully that would keep K1 trying to improve his game.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
Should have started with "I'm no K1 fan". But we could have the start of something big no need to toss it away too soon.and well it's not my money. What's the worse thing that could happen? As the late great Duckjake said 5-11 with em...5-11 without em. I know we play 17 games now but you get the gist.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I think the stupid thing would be to not have an out in about 4 years. He still has to play through his original contract and the fifth year option. So two years into this extension the cards need to have an out that's not crippling. Hopefully that would keep K1 trying to improve his game.
I like the logic in this. Works for me.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn