Let’s Take a Moment to Overreact to Kyler’s IG Page

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'll tell you now. If this is anything other that some new marketing team is taking over his socials and having some kind of refresh (which seems far fetched) I'm out.

He's a year 3 QB that's achieved nothing with one dreadful playoff appearance. If anything he's let us down. If this is some pathetic negotiating tactic when he's not even due a new deal yet then I'm done with him. The team should be done with him and trade him. A true leader would not be playing childish games.

Mahomes, Allen, Mayfield or Lamar would never. In fact all 4 of them said "This is my team, I want to stay. A new deal will come when it comes" or words to that effect.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Didn’t know the inspector general even cared about qbs, running backs maybe but not quarterbacks ! Hehe

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

This was a month ago and on Twitter though. No ones saying he removed anything from Twitter because he posts very few Cards related images on there.

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
Glad to see him dropping dimes in a meaningless game though.

Also glad to see our head coach more worried about getting field passes for ig models instead of worrying about a divisional game with playoffs implications.

The proof is in the pudding.

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
He follows the Lakers, the A's, the Sooners and even OU baseball but not the team he is QB for?

Never following might be worse than stopping following.

If you like to look for things to be triggered over, sure. Hopefully he does leave, this fan base deserves another few decades of 3-5 win seasons. Run the kid outta town!

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
He posted weekly during the season. It was always pics of him walking into the stadium wearing street clothes followed by shots of him during warmups. So ya, he was pretty active, and yes, it’s all gone now.

Something is happening, and I too feel pretty indifferent about it. Maybe the drama fixing to unfold is our consolation prize for not getting to watch football since December 1st…
All of those posts are still there in his Story archives. Pretty easy to see.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If you like to look for things to be triggered over, sure. Hopefully he does leave, this fan base deserves another few decades of 3-5 win seasons. Run the kid outta town!

I'm not being triggered over it. But it's worth comment. It's very weird and in no way good.

QB's are your field generals. They lead by example. They should be all about being the best and be 100% devoted to the cause.

When your QB follows the baseball team that drafted him but he never played for, the two college teams he played for, the Lakers who I presume he supports but not the sports franchise he's the actual QB of that's some weird ****.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He follows a ton of former and current Cards...including his head coach. This is nothing.

It's not NOTHING. He follows players and every franchise he's ever been associated with except the one he is QB for. That's not nothing.

It might not mean anything is happening, but it's not unimportant.

It literally takes a second to click follow. It's actually harder for him NOT to follow the Cardinals. It's obviously a conscious decision.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He follows the Lakers, the A's, the Sooners and even OU baseball but not the team he is QB for?

Never following might be worse than stopping following.
I’m not sure if you’re talking about IG or Twitter, but he doesn’t follow 3 of the 4 teams you named here.

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
If this is all true then I think this is a big nothingburger.
I was careful in the way I titled this thread for that reason. I don’t think this is anything to flip out about, but it also seems to be the en vogue way of saying, “oh I’m fine.”

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
It's not NOTHING. He follows players and every franchise he's ever been associated with except the one he is QB for. That's not nothing.

It might not mean anything is happening, but it's not unimportant.

It literally takes a second to click follow. It's actually harder for him NOT to follow the Cardinals. It's obviously a conscious decision.
If you look at his IG Stories that have been there for years...Pretty much everything is OU Football and CARDINALS football. It's all nothing. If he had a rift (as many have said) with Kingsbury, would he still follow him? Doubtful. Also, kids these days are leaving IG, just like they did Facebook. Only using IG to message and post stories. There are fewer and fewer of them making actual posts. It's all about Snapchat, Tik Tok and in KM's case, Twitch. Murray is still a kid (24) and does things the younger generation does on social media...He's not even like C Jones or PP21...they were the social media generation before KM.