Last of Us (HBO Max)

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I guessed you missed when Joel explained exactly why the roads were clear: FEDRA came through with tanks (and probably bulldozers) to clear a path for themselves. Which is why the cars on the roads they traveled on seemed like they were neatly pushed off to the sides.

Joel explained it because Ellie asked the exact same question you asked.
I did miss that, thanks! With hearing loss (and distraction) that can happen lol

Mm, good explanation for where FEDRA actually is, but not for the ghost towns. The military wasn't/couldn't have cleared ALL the ways in ALL the cities. Still, that's the nitties of picks :D

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This show is more than I expected it to be. Never played the video game. In fact, don’t ever recall even hearing about it. But this is presently my favorite show.
As accurate as the show is to the game... I'm envious of anyone who gets to experience this for the first time.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This show doesn’t hesitate to try and rip your heart out.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
That tree looking zombie was taking bullets like nothing. How the neck are you supposed to kill that thing? The one that ripped the head off the soldier!

carrrnuttt

Didactic
Reaction score
That tree looking zombie was taking bullets like nothing. How the neck are you supposed to kill that thing? The one that ripped the head off the soldier!

Based on the game, that is one of the last levels of the infection, where an infected made it twenty years. The fungus has completely covered the body and acts as armor, and the infected get incredibly strong. In the game, you use fire and LOTS of shotgun shots.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
They are slowly making Ellie feel more like Ellie but this version is still more rough. Again, it's only a minor complaint and I wish they casted someone else. Having said that. For those that have not played the video game? That car scene and the magazine was pretty much word for word the exact same scene from the video game. I recognized it right away which was cool for fans of the game.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The after credits interview said it was KC and the filmed on location there. They said in the game it was Pittsburgh, but had to change it based on the updated story.
You sure about that? I’m pretty sure this whole show is shot in Calgary.

OP
OP
bankybruce

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You sure about that? I’m pretty sure this whole show is shot in Calgary.
Apparently, I misunderstood what the director was saying in the post credits interview last week. When he said they chose KC over Pittsburgh, I thought he meant filming there, not just storytelling.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Really loving the character development in this.

Joel is humanizing and softening. Old Joel would have shot that old coot dead without even alerting him to his presence. Instead, he even offered for the guy to live! Other hints throughout this episode hint at his development, too. I only hope these writers don't get poached, because they are solid gold.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really loving the character development in this.

Joel is humanizing and softening. Old Joel would have shot that old coot dead without even alerting him to his presence. Instead, he even offered for the guy to live! Other hints throughout this episode hint at his development, too. I only hope these writers don't get poached, because they are solid gold.
I was talking to my wife along these lines. I said, it's weird. I don't recall feeling like the writers might be too good for a show before but it's sort of how I feel. Not that the show isn't worthy but just because typically these kinds of shows don't get this quality of writing.

OP
OP
bankybruce

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This show is simply a masterpiece. Every episode is just… amazing.

Best video game adaptation ever made. And by a long shot.
How dare you say that!

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Another fantastic episode. Spoilers for those who have played the game

This is going to end several relationships with people who know what happened. Adding the left behind stuff beforehand is also experts level of trolling. I approve

Anyways, this show continues to be amazing. Loved all the easter eggs that are hints for season 2.

Sheep farm, shimmer, DINA!!!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose