OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@AzStevenCal

If I were going to bet, I'd bet on the Suns as well. It has to be better than lottery odds.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We need all of it. Shooters need to hit 3's, Ayton needs to step up and Booker will need to score 30+.

Booker is not scoring 30+ on the Lakers. He will be lucky to score 20.

The entire defense is going to be aimed at him, and it has worked when they have faced us before.

If we win the series it will be our roll players who do their jobs surprisingly well.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
To me, the key player in this series is Dario. We need the super variety to stand a chance IMO.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What's wrong with this as I clear my throat?

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

If the team doesn't take this with great insult and create a huge chip on it's shoulder? This team is soft.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If the team doesn't take this with great insult and create a huge chip on it's shoulder? This team is soft.

The Lakers are the defending champions. Lebron has never lost a first round playoff series. The Suns have very little playoff experience. The Suns matchup horribly to the Lakers size.

Why wouldn't they be favored?

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The Suns are anything but soft so I'm sure we are going to see a focused Suns team.

I often find myself comparing the Suns to the Miami Heat team of last season except I want the Suns to get past the Lakers.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lol on sports radio this morning there was talk of how curry could help the suns via trade if it ever happened in offseason

Would be interesting imo curry can still shoot snd is a good leader they just said that if warriors decide to blow up team and try to trade curry for picks etc

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just watched another inteview from Barkley this morning. He acts like the Jazz are so vastly superior to the Suns and that they have the Lakers petrified. He's like the Lakers are so lucky they avoided the Jazz because they would have whipped them in a series the way they played last night, but they can play like that and beat the Suns.

I know they match up better, but Charles acts like the Jazz are miles better than the Suns, and I just don't get that at all.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Feeling kind of low today on poffs hopes but trying to stay confident

Really crappy luck man after a spectacular season

Pray old dario shows bring the cape dario one with s!! Lol and rest of bench especially c Johnson

Keeping fingers heavily crossed....

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just watched another inteview from Barkley this morning. He acts like the Jazz are so vastly superior to the Suns and that they have the Lakers petrified. He's like the Lakers are so lucky they avoided the Jazz because they would have whipped them in a series the way they played last night, but they can play like that and beat the Suns.

I know they match up better, but Charles acts like the Jazz are miles better than the Suns, and I just don't get that at all.
Eh why i avoid watching barkley on tv... he loves picking against suns

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Barkley has the Bucks coming out in the East. He has some good takes from time to time, but that one had me shaking my head.

He makes me laugh sometimes but he almost always has me shaking my head. He's wrong more often than every other personality on that show combined, and it's not even close.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Is there any better bulletin board material other than a player trashing us?
Bulletin board material? A professional athlete makings millions needs it to get motivated? We should be motivated regardless. I think we are motivated. But a healthy Lakers’ team is better than my Suns. But that’s why we play the game. Could be our year.

Carolinacacti

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The Suns will live and die by the three. If its close You have to wonder if its going to be Booker like its been or will Paul take over.,

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Early in the season, maybe 3-4 weeks in, Barkley made a big spectacle of betting on the Blazers to come out of the west and put $250k on it right away. Everyone one else was more shocked than anything because it was such a stupid bet at such a bad time to do it.

Raze

Suns fan since '89
Reaction score
Bulletin board material? A professional athlete makings millions needs it to get motivated? We should be motivated regardless. I think we are motivated. But a healthy Lakers’ team is better than my Suns. But that’s why we play the game. Could be our year.
I don't view bulletin board material as motivational. All players want to win and therefore are motivated.

The problem is focus. Back when I played sports (100 years ago with Naismith), I could get lost in distracting thoughts: stats, nerves, the hot blond in the 2nd row... However, if I hated the guy across from me or someone doubted me I was immediately laser focused. I'm not sure why it did that but it worked every time. Focused emotion is a powerful thing. And since all players are human, they are susceptible to distractions and lose focus.

And that's what bulletin board material does. It focuses you. (Pete Caroll is a master at this stuff). It gives guys a reason to forget all the nonsense and focus on beating your opponent, or just making doubters look the fool.

The Suns have a TON of material to focus them. I trust Monty to put the right stuff up there and get this team, young as they are, focused.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't view bulletin board material as motivational. All players want to win and therefore are motivated.

The problem is focus. Back when I played sports (100 years ago with Naismith), I could get lost in distracting thoughts: stats, nerves, the hot blond in the 2nd row... However, if I hated the guy across from me or someone doubted me I was immediately laser focused. I'm not sure why it did that but it worked every time. Focused emotion is a powerful thing. And since all players are human, they are susceptible to distractions and lose focus.

And that's what bulletin board material does. It focuses you. (Pete Caroll is a master at this stuff). It gives guys a reason to forget all the nonsense and focus on beating your opponent, or just making doubters look the fool.

The Suns have a TON of material to focus them. I trust Monty to put the right stuff up there and get this team, young as they are, focused.

And our on court coach too would feel this way as well, CP3 has a chip on his shoulder going into this.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave