Lakers game... hello???

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
Nice effort, kind of expected this game to slip out of the Suns hands.

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The Suns still have no go-to guy to go to in a close game down the stretch, so this meltdown is not surprising.

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
Bring in Ronnie Price. Nash looks like he can't do anything except dribble around right now.

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
I think he needs to take the hand wrap off, his wrist is 100% fine.

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Oh boohoo...the Lakers having to play 3 nights in a row at the very beginning of the season when they're completely fresh. :rolleyes:

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
Did the Suns score after Nash came back in the game?

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Chasing Kobe around all night while he puts up 48 points assuredly did not help Hill's legs on the offensive end.

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ugh. Suns lose 99-83. :( Suns were down only 83-82 with 6:14 left in the rth quarter.

Solid/good game from the Suns for most of the game but bad meltdown at the end.

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The Suns only mustered 15 points in the final quarter. The vast majority of their shot attempts down the stretch were jump shots. No one on the Suns roster to even partially offset Kobe's scoring output. We've seen these types of games many times last season.

OP
OP
N

ninous26

Registered
Reaction score
Oh boohoo...the Lakers having to play 3 nights in a row at the very beginning of the season when they're completely fresh. :rolleyes:

STRONG THIS.

I really thinking there was some strategy behind the lakers getting a ton of games packed in the early season so they get some good rest towards the end.

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
Sarvar will be sleeping well with his million dollar bedsheets tonight while we continue to be living in mediocrity with the Suns.

TBaslim

Planet Orange
Reaction score
Ugh. The Lakers are such an annoying team, even when the are not the best in the league. They just keep on acting like they're the best. The worse they are in a given year, the dirtier they play, daring the refs to foul them out of their own arena. A city and a team and a roster have rarely been so deserving of each other.

Oh well, if they do manage to make it though the West, they'll earn the honor of being beaten by a younger, better, smugger version of themselves in the Heat. Or the classier Bulls (one can hope).

As much as I dislike him, though, credit to Kobe tonight. He's a heck of a player even injured. Grant held on for awhile, but just not enough legs at his age to stay with him the whole game.

Suns have a long way to go, but at least they are going hard every game and playing some actual defense. That's all I want to see as a fan in a transition year like this one.

Oh, and no trading Gortat. He's the real deal. Same with the rookie.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
seems like we sat nash and gortat a little too long there. brown went 1 on 1, finally started make some shots, but that took the suns out of rythm imo.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah it was well played by the suns too bad as usual in la you can't beat themrefs it is what it is! Kobe shoots free throws even when he is not fouled what a joke and did their bigs commit any fouls? Oh sorry meant did the refs actually whistle any of their fouls? Watching any game played in la
Just makes the league look
Fixed!

Trifecta

Veteran
Reaction score
The victory was especially sweet for Bryant, who has never hidden his disdain for the Suns, a team right behind the Lakers in the Pacific Division.

"I don't like them," he said. "They used to whup us pretty good and let us know about it. I won't forget that."

I wonder if he realizes that the only player we have left from those teams is Nash, who talks less trash than my grandmother? Is Raja Bell still playing in the NBA?

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
I just realized you were watching the NBA channel. I'm listening to the Lakers announcers so I expect some bias.

Steve

I'm pretty sure the NBA TV broadcast was the Lakers broadcast. I was watching the Lakers broadcast too and they mentioned welcome to the NBA TV viewers.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard