LA Lakers @ Phoenix Suns 1-19-2015

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Len saying that he'd rather stay on the court the whole game and it's the coach and trainers looking out for his health and limiting his minutes is a good sign of his character, work ethic, and ceiling. With how he's playing this season it finally makes sense why there was talk of him going #1 overall in 2013. His health is a concern but he seems to be the type of player who strives to work through injuries and come back improved rather than other players who milk it and never reach their potential or return to previous form. We have one of the most highly regarded training staffs in the league, I don't worry too much about long term problems with him. I'm less concerned with his ankles and feet than Amare's knee trouble. Other than Yao I can't think of anyone else who has their career cut short or ended due to similar issues, sure Bill Walton never quite returned to form but that was in the late 70's and he changed his game to still be an effective player.

Maybe Sam Bowie?

Drop_D

Rookie
Reaction score
Z. Ilgauskas missed almost two seasons due to foot fractures early in his career. I thought of him when I 1st heard about Len's injury.

marios13

Rookie
Reaction score
Arvydas Sabonis was already past his prime when he came to the NBA.
He is definitely one of the best European players ever though.

Came to the NBA when he was almost 30.
Before signing Sabonis, Portland's then-general manager Bob Whitsitt asked the Blazers team physician to look at Sabonis' X-rays. Illustrating the impact of Sabonis' numerous injuries, Whitsitt recalled in a 2011 interview that when the doctor reported the results, "He said that Arvydas could qualify for a handicapped parking spot based on the X-ray alone.

Got this of Wikipedia ...

Last edited:

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I am hoping for that. But it is hardly a given that his health will allow him to grow into 36 minutes per game from start to finish.

Is there any 7 footer where that is a given? It seems that chronic injuries and size go together.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Is there any 7 footer where that is a given? It seems that chronic injuries and size go together.

Even though he's not quite 7ft, this is why I'm a big fan of Greg Monroe.