Kyler Murray entering Draft

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rosen is no guarantee yet. I would draft Murray. Figure out who is best. Trade the other. QB's are too valuable to pass.

After Murray's measurements he has to be considered a draft option.

Passing on him raises red flags as well with Rosen being unproven.

However, I would not trade Rosen now. Let them compete.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Kyler Murray is getting bad advice. Or he is trying to avoid the less scripted combine workout.

Why avoid it? Is he scared he's going to look bad next to Lock, Haskins, and Jones?
I wish he would’ve performed as well.

But would the naysayers here criticize Bosa or Q Williams the same if he bypassed the workouts as well.

Just sayin

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Looking at this entire offseason, connecting the dots can be a fun way to spend time.

In addition to all the dots you can connect from Kyler choosing the same agent as Kliff, to the Cardinals (whether it's simply a leverage play or not) not putting the rumors to rest, there are still deeper layers developing.

Point and case.. In 2014, Christian Kirk was the bell of the ball. At Elite 11, every top QB was swooning for him, trying to get him to come to their committed school.

Of those names at that camp, Josh Rosen, Alabama's Minkah Fitzpatrick, and.. you guessed it Kyler Murray.

In the end, Kirk choose Texas A&M over power house schools like Alabama and hometown schools like ASU (full disclosure as an ASU alum, this still stings). He did it partly for Texas A&M coach Kevin Sumlin, but the most important reason, was his special relationship to Kyler Murray.

Ultimately the duo would never get the opportunity to live up to their potential (mainly due to the incompetence with the way Sumlin handled the QB situation) but reportedly the two of them have remained very close.

I still am not sure which side of the fence I come down on this, but it seems the more dots created the more dots connected

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...te-11-quarterbacks-favorite-wr-christian-kirk

https://goo.gl/images/E5GuhF

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
There is enough mis-info on this thread to make the Donald envious.

By the way, I heard 2 guys talking on the bus this pm saying that they both had heard that Murray had swollen several rolls of nickels right before weighing in.

Reactions: HGC

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Murray is the type of player would make farm state stadium without empty seats every sunday
Bidwill care more about fans community and offering a good quality football
Rosen performances last season depressed many of us, i want have fun and feeling some good emotions watching this team

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They were saying on the radio that he chugged a bunch of water before weigh in.
that is so ...... I don't even know how to label it. Obviously it was noticed. Maybe some GM? Coach should ask him why he did it. It is getting to be a Kyler Murray circus. Could he end up stuck in the Green Room like Brady Quinn? 2 more months of Kyler Murray insanity to go.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Murray is the type of player would make farm state stadium without empty seats every sunday
Rosen performances last season depressed many of us, i want have fun and feeling some good emotions watching this team

BS if you’re losing the seats will be empty.... And we’d lose. A lot.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score

Disappointed that you refuse to acknowledge the sorry state of the team, especially the offense. You honestly think Rosen, as a rookie, was put in the best opportunity to succeed?

DRM08

Veteran
Reaction score
After Murray's measurements he has to be considered a draft option.

Passing on him raises red flags as well with Rosen being unproven.

However, I would not trade Rosen now. Let them compete.

That's my thought too. They are both very talented guys. Let them duke it out for a year and see which one develops the best with Kliff. If they both develop, then you have some awesome trade bait to throw around the league.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Disappointed that you refuse to acknowledge the sorry state of the team, especially the offense. You honestly think Rosen, as a rookie, was put in the best opportunity to succeed?
absolutely no, but the fact he regressed during the year struggling with accuracy even when had time in the pocket give me few hope for him as our franchise qb
then if i have to judge a qb from a talent standpoint and the only thing i appreciated was his toughness, is not a very good sign

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I think you look at the tape....that's what has further convinced me that drafting Murray is a tremendously stupid idea.

He will not be able to even come close to replicating the success that he had at Oklahoma.

Just google it. Ask yourself "Will he get clean pockets like you see in his film? Will his receivers be THAT open? Will he easily run through wide open lanes on his designed runs? The answer to all those questions is NO. He won't. NFL QBs rarely get clean pockets like you see in his film. And that's why his size is important, he is going to take a lot more hits in the NFL than he did at Oklahoma. His success last year was predicated so much on Murray not even having a defender within 5 yards of him when he threw the ball to a receiver with 10 yards of separation. I'm exaggerating a bit, but just look at his film and ask yourself these questions.

Because I come to these conclusions, I think it would be an awful idea to draft him.
I think those are fair points. I also think it’s reasonable to say what’s the closest comparison. And what?!? We have as close to a comparison as possible? A shorter QB, who played for the same exact team in the same exact offense the very year prior? And how did he translate to the nfl? Hmm, I’m seeing some persuasive data pointing in the opposite direction of your conclusion. Is it a certainty? No. Not by a long shot. But it’s tough to argue we don’t at least have a semi-legitimate (at worst) point of comparison to look at . . .

OP
OP
PACardsFan

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
DJ I call it foolish.You and your buds are hoping that Murray will turn out to be Russell Wilson version 2.Most likely the odds are that Murray will have a Doug Flutie like Career.Thats more likely to happen more than RW version2.You and your buds say the NFL is changing...one fact still remains...…..When you have a chance to draft the best player on the board(Nick Bosa) you make that pick.Taking a chance that a short QB will turn into a Pro-Bowl QB in a few years compared to a player who is ready to start and has solid attributes and skills with Pro-Bowl potential immediately at a position of need is the smart move.

How are we to respect your POV when you seriously compare Murray to Doug Friggin Flutie??? Did you ever watch Flutie throw a football. He had to wind up & take 3 steps in order to throw it 45 yards. Look, I’m fine if we keep Rosen. I really am. But I would bet my mortgage that Murray ends up an absolute stud. He will make some team very, very good. We’ll need to trust K2 if he thinks Rosen is his guy.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I saw Wilson and Brees under duress. And Brees was almost two decades ago...

I think YOU are part of the flock. The mass media are fawning over Murray.
I don’t understand how you keep avoiding the obvious comparison. You’re better than that krang.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort