Kyler + Coaching

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Like I mentioned previously, though, he hosted teammates in Texas, during covid and it wasn't publicly known until after the fact. They are quite capable of keeping things secret.
You don’t see the contradiction in your own post here, so you? Yeah they kept is secret, until it wasn’t (otherwise how could you even bring it up). Everything comes out these days. It’s an assumption, but a relatively safe assumption that when we don’t hear he’s doing film work and he literally says he doesn’t need to do extra film, that he’s not doing extra film work.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Zac Taylor Whisenhunt’d the Bengals to the Super Bowl. Not necessarily a bad thing. Rode a hot QB and defense. His record is still 19-33-1. They may very well regress.

Yeah he’s nothing special. I think he was lucky to not directly cost them games this year.

tnmike

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
And yet you top yourself with every post. One thing I'll give you credit for: You skate that edge between barely acceptable trolling and becoming ban worthy quite well.
Of course you are " All Pro " at that

tnmike

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
And yet you top yourself with every post. One thing I'll give you credit for: You skate that edge between barely acceptable trolling and becoming ban worthy quite well.
Look, I have no desire to joust with you. I do respect your opinions, but I also have my own. Intelligent people can disagree without making it personal.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yup, we’re overreacting.

We came up short 2 years in a row.

Our starting QB has growing pains.

We’re at the stage where you continue to chase the brass ring,while covering our bets with a talented backup QB “just in case.”

What we shouldn’t do is blow the dang thing up a year or 2 prematurely.

Kyler has the physical tools. He just hasn’t grown into the shoes created by the lure of the bright lights of the Big Time. Whether he ever does remains to be seen.

Whatever the circumstances, we owe Kyler (& ourselves) another year or two to see if he will grow to full-max.

With less whining by the fan base (puleez)

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yup, we’re overreacting.

We’re at the stage where you continue to chase the brass ring,while covering our bets with a talented backup QB “just in case.”

Kyler has the physical tools. He just hasn’t grown into the shoes created by the lure of the bright lights of the Big Time. Whether he ever does remains to be seen.

Whatever the circumstances, we owe Kyler (& ourselves) another year or two to see if he will grow to full-max.

Until we supply Murray with the weapons necessary to get to the next level, my blame will continue to be on both upper management & the coaching staff. Without Hop, the WR room is awful. With injuries, the RB room is lacking. With or without injuries, the OL is inadequate. The DL is awful, our DC is awful, our secondary needs depth. Murray is NOT the issue, as some would want to say on this board. Not even close. By drafting Murray & pretty much failing in all other areas, this team has gone from 3 wins to 11 wins. Give him weapons & the sky is the limit with Kyler. Sit on your hands & Murray will go elsewhere & win MVP awards & Super Bowls. Let's see what the inept Bidwill family will do. The ball is in their court.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Yup, we’re overreacting.

So, shut up and accept the regression? Then keep quiet for a few more years even if you think we're going in the wrong direction? Sounds like the "who moved my cheese" approach to fandom. I'll pass, thanks.

Stout

Reaction score
Look, I have no desire to joust with you. I do respect your opinions, but I also have my own. Intelligent people can disagree without making it personal.
Thank you. Most of the time I just see one liners from you, though, sarcastically making fun of one poster or another. Say what you want about me--I think "broken record" might be prominent--but I at least expound on my opinions and try to get them across. I hope to read more of your opinions, even if you disagree with mine, because that's what makes a message board fun.

Stout

Reaction score
Until we supply Murray with the weapons necessary to get to the next level, my blame will continue to be on both upper management & the coaching staff. Without Hop, the WR room is awful. With injuries, the RB room is lacking. With or without injuries, the OL is inadequate. The DL is awful, our DC is awful, our secondary needs depth. Murray is NOT the issue, as some would want to say on this board. Not even close. By drafting Murray & pretty much failing in all other areas, this team has gone from 3 wins to 11 wins. Give him weapons & the sky is the limit with Kyler. Sit on your hands & Murray will go elsewhere & win MVP awards & Super Bowls. Let's see what the inept Bidwill family will do. The ball is in their court.
So KM bears no blame? lol Okay. I can't even respectfully disagree with this post. KM has HUGE holes in his game at this point--inability to find the pocket, unwillingness to take a hit/doing anything possible to avoid contact, unable to find open receivers, unwillingness to do the film work--but yeah, let's just blame it all on everybody else.

EVERYBODY bears blame in this. Keim is awful, I don't like KK, AND KM has to commit to making major changes. If he doesn't mature, he'll be nothing more than a statsy flash in the pan.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
So KM bears no blame? lol Okay. I can't even respectfully disagree with this post. KM has HUGE holes in his game at this point--inability to find the pocket, unwillingness to take a hit/doing anything possible to avoid contact, unable to find open receivers, unwillingness to do the film work--but yeah, let's just blame it all on everybody else.

EVERYBODY bears blame in this. Keim is awful, I don't like KK, AND KM has to commit to making major changes. If he doesn't mature, he'll be nothing more than a statsy flash in the pan.
I don't think he bears no responsibility, but really, imo, we have one of the best WRs in the game, and then a bunch of guys. Green isn't what he once was. Our other guys are inconsistent at best. The OL needs to be better. Kyler is inconsistent in accuracy in some games. We obviously play better when we can run the ball, but some teams shut us down. We are not that dominant offensively. That's even before we need to ramp up our D to set up our offense. We won 11 games which is good, but we need to win playoff games now. We aren't on that upper level yet. There's blame to go around.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

HUGE holes in his game? Really? Wake the hell up. You’ve been a Cardinal fan long enough to know that he’s the BEST young QB in Cardinal history. He took over a 3 win team & now has them at 11. Open receivers? HAHA. Not after Hop went down. ALL our receivers went MIA after Hop went out. I never said that KM doesn’t have to mature. Of course he does. He’s 24 damn years old. His skill set is 10x better than anything this franchise has ever seen from one of their young QB’s. But, the OL needs to be significantly better & he needs weapons beyond just Hop. And it would be nice if the D would occasionally stop someone. Stop the hate. It’s unbecoming of you.

Stout

Reaction score
HUGE holes in his game? Really? Wake the hell up. You’ve been a Cardinal fan long enough to know that he’s the BEST young QB in Cardinal history. He took over a 3 win team & now has them at 11. Open receivers? HAHA. Not after Hop went down. ALL our receivers went MIA after Hop went out. I never said that KM doesn’t have to mature. Of course he does. He’s 24 damn years old. His skill set is 10x better than anything this franchise has ever seen from one of their young QB’s. But, the OL needs to be significantly better & he needs weapons beyond just Hop. And it would be nice if the D would occasionally stop someone. Stop the hate. It’s unbecoming of you.
So you never paid attention to all those others who posted overviews showing open receivers he missed. Check. So because he's young he's allowed to go fetal and refuse to re-enter the game in the playoffs. Check. He's a generational talent, but he cannot elevate the team and needs a lot of talent around him. Check. I mean, saying he's the best young QB we've ever had is roughly akin to saying you're the best hockey team in Paraguay. I don't question his raw talent at all, but how many years does he get to mature before he melts in the 2nd half of seasons, with different excuses each time? How many years before he decides to do the extra homework that any great QB does without question?

Meh, I thought you'd gotten over your unquestioning adoration of KM and had begun to see some of the holes in his game. I guess I was wrong about that.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Without Hop, the WR room is awful.

I'm tired of hearing this. It's the biggest load of BS going around.

Ertz had 700+ yards (952 on the season). Green had 850. Kirk was just shy of 1000. We passed in total for 4570 yards. Had Nuk stayed healthy we would have had 4 receiving options inside the top 40.

We were 11th in passing yards per game and thats with 3 games without Kyler. 5 games without Nuk. And a game against Chicago where they gave us a bunch of short fields and we hardly had to pass all game.

"Our receivers aren't great without our WR1" is something you can say about most teams. What do the Chiefs have at WR after Tyreek? Hardman didn't touch 700 yards and he's WR2. Heck Rondale Moore was only 5 yards per game less than Hardman.

There are only 3 teams in the whole league I think you can say that they have multiple high level receiver options if they lose their WR1. Tampa, Dallas and Cincy. There was absolutely nothing wrong with the receiving options Kyler had this season. Easily top 10 in the league.

The 49ers went to the SB in 2019 with Bourne, James, rookie Deebo and Sanders. The Eagles won it with Agholor and Jeffrey. The Pats have been there and won it many times in the past 10 years with barely anyone at WR. The Falcons made it with Julia and a bunch of Jags. I could go on.

Sorry man, this isn't aimed at you. I keep seeing it and I just don't agree at all.