Kurt Warner shouldn't see the field again.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Warner looks like a grandpa out there, it was a waste to resign the guy.

The loss isn't all on him but he was part of the problem for sure.

You don't pay a guy what we paid him to turn that effort in, a couple more just like it and he'll be benched.

This. Look, other aspects of the game were bad as well (penalties, offensive line especially), but Warner looked lost and shell-shocked. When he walked out for those last two drives, my jaw dropped. His eyes were glazed, he moved slow, he barely said a word, and didn't look like he even met players' eyes in the huddle. And that's at the START of two possible game-winning drives!!! Uh, earth to Kurt...WAKE THE EFF UP!!!

Mr.Dibbs

Cap Casualty
Reaction score
The thing with Kurt is he needs to remember to just let a play die during the game. Back in the Coach Green days he'd force things and we'd have turn overs. Last year he didn't force the ball that much. Today he looked bad.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does it really matter if it's the 1st or 5th receiver when the QB is missing badly on most the throws? I guess all the receivers(except hightower) must still be running all the wrong routes.

The picks were horrible, no excuse, but there are a lot of plays we run that are timing plays and Kurt just never looked comfortable with them. I think he's just not confident that Long or whoever will be in the right spot like he is with Boldin, Fitz and Breaston.

Kurt stunk today you won't get an argument from me, I'm just not clear that he's washed up the way many seem to be.

Bad day but I won't write him off after just one game. he better be sharper next week though.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We get the ball on the 40 yard line and 3 minutes left to play. Two plays later we are looking at 1st and 25 because of penalties. THAT cost us the game. It can't fall all on Warner but we have seen him play better.

Real shame to waste the defensive effort we saw today.

BTW, Clancy's defense gave up over 500 yards today.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
I can predict right now that by about game three Warner will be benched, the loss of Hailey is probably what's killing him.

Warner has only had success with a strong mentor OC who uses Warner like Warner really wants to be used.

I'm pretty sure Whiz is never going to run an offense like that and so that's about it for Kurt.

It appears to me that's what Hailey's greatest roll was.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Warner fell back to bad habits; holding on to the ball too long, telegraphing his throws, and trying to scramble out of the pocket.

Not time to yank Warner, but further performances like this will put him on the bench

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Another day like today and Leinart definately needs to get a look. Warner just held the ball way to long and looked lost at times and both picks were terrible decisions.

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
I would have yanked him at halftime. This is ridiculous. This sets up for a nightmare season if we keep running him out there based on last season. This is now and right now he cost us this win. Plummer threw better looking picks.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
Matt would have been yanked for that kind of performance, it dosen't matter what he did last year, all preseason he's been off, one half of real football is enough time to figure out he's really still off.

Based on play he should of been pulled at least for one series, but I bet we won't see that nuclear move until about 0-4 or so, but hang on it looks like it's comming.

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
OK, don't relax. Have another dozen beers.

Or you could calm down and stop convincing yourself that he has never looked this bad before.

Wow Ed, I see you still have my quote as your tag line..how nice.

Didn't they both end up with basically the same 3.crap average during their time in AZ? lol

dogpoo32

meh
Reaction score
I endorse this thread. People need to stop making excuses for him. He's done. He looked like the tin man with a hint of scarecrow.

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
Not that it would have made much difference but didn't Warner fumble the ball on the last play? If so, wasn't the ball clearly out of bounds with 1 second to go? 70 yards would have been a super longshot but 1 second is 1 second.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
I would have liked to see Leinart start the 2nd half, based on his pre-season compared to Warners.

As a matter of fact I'll go on record and say right here that's what I would have done.

I know Warner took us to the show and he deserves to start. No argument. He was hounded the whole 1st half. Not his fault.

I just felt that bringing in Leinart to start the 2nd half would have been the move to make.

Sometimes the head coach is the one that needs to get beyond last year. There will be next week for Kurt Warner.

But for THIS PARTICULAR WEEK, I think that Whis missed an opportunity here, to HELP right the ship for THIS PARTICULAR GAME.

Wildfire

Registered
Reaction score
Three observations from the game:

The Defense really looked great today, Gore only had 30 yards rushing

Kurt Warner really looked bad today, I didn't see a lot of fire in the belly out of him today. Maybe it's time for Matt to strap his helmet on and get into the game.

And finally, Brown got taken to the wood shed by whoever that DE was in pass blocking situations. Question, was Herman Johnson inactive today, because Brown has got to go.

A tough, tough loss and no one should be happy with the way the Cardinals played today.

AzCards21

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I can predict right now that by about game three Warner will be benched, the loss of Hailey is probably what's killing him.

Warner has only had success with a strong mentor OC who uses Warner like Warner really wants to be used.

I'm pretty sure Whiz is never going to run an offense like that and so that's about it for Kurt.

It appears to me that's what Hailey's greatest roll was.

Couldn't agree more. I think Kurt needed that time with Hailey when he wasn't on the field to go over things and calm down, or get worked up, whichever it was. But he won't get that from Whis he is still head coaching and give Kurt that one on one time.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Its time for the Matt and Beanie show. Like I expected age, and the NFL's worst offensive line, caught up with Warner. Its time to send Kurt, Tim and Levi to the bench and introduce the era of Cardinal power football with Leinert handing off to Wells 25-30 times a game and running behind the Big Baby. And finally when the D comes up to stop the run we throw it over the top to Fitz for 6.

They need to send Levi Brown to the Cowboys. I heard they need another Guard.

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
Three observations from the game:

The Defense really looked great today, Gore only had 30 yards rushing

Kurt Warner really looked bad today, I didn't see a lot of fire in the belly out of him today. Maybe it's time for Matt to strap his helmet on and get into the game.

And finally, Brown got taken to the wood shed by whoever that DE was in pass blocking situations. Question, was Herman Johnson inactive today, because Brown has got to go.

A tough, tough loss and no one should be happy with the way the Cardinals played today.

I agree that Leinart should have started. It would have been a nice wake up call for Kurt, realizing that he doesn't have the starting job on lock down because he got his contract extension. Leinart had great pocket presence in the preseason games that Leinart looked shaky in, so I was hoping he'd get a chance to show what he could do in the same situation.

As for Levi, he's not going anywhere except inside to guard. The House isn't ready to play RT with starters, if anything Brandon Keith would be our next option at tackle. We really need to consider bringing in Levi Jones, because if our oline continues to play like this it could be a very long season.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
See a lot of conclusions about the starting line up being drawn after one game (or even one half of one game).

It's too early to do that.

Everybody needs to calm down. I'm not saying don't be pissed. I'm pissed, that's for sure.

But remember that Kurt looked bad several times last year, and still came back to lead us to the superbowl.

You MUST give him a few games to right the ship.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
See a lot of conclusions about the starting line up being drawn after one game (or even one half of one game).

It's too early to do that.

Everybody needs to calm down. I'm not saying don't be pissed. I'm pissed, that's for sure.

But remember that Kurt looked bad several times last year, and still came back to lead us to the superbowl.

You MUST give him a few games to right the ship.

No, no, no, a thousand times NO!!! What happens when he doesn't snap out of it, Crimson? You want to go 0-3 'cause you wanted to give grandpa a chance to right the ship? For once as a team we need to be proactive instead of reactive.

Edit: Also, it's not as if this is an isolated game this year. We had the evidence right in front of us but laughed it off as the preseason. Looks like it wasn't just vanilla throw-away time, but a precursor to what we could expect out of the old man to start the year off.

Look, I love what he did for us last year. It was a hell of a year for an old QB and he solidified his legacy in the game. Problem is, that was last year, and he looks more than a year older, like he's got nothing left in the tank. Now, maybe, MAYBE if he didn't walk around like a boy who just watched his dog get shot all game, I'd have a little more patience, but he didn't look, act, or play like a leader today.

Last edited:

Doug

B a n n ed WARRIOR
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Lynn Haven Florida(Panama City)1 mile away.
No, no, no, a thousand times NO!!! What happens when he doesn't snap out of it, Crimson? You want to go 0-3 'cause you wanted to give grandpa a chance to right the ship? For once as a team we need to be proactive instead of reactive.

Edit: Also, it's not as if this is an isolated game this year. We had the evidence right in front of us but laughed it off as the preseason. Looks like it wasn't just vanilla throw-away time, but a precursor to what we could expect out of the old man to start the year off.

Look, I love what he did for us last year. It was a hell of a year for an old QB and he solidified his legacy in the game. Problem is, that was last year, and he looks more than a year older, like he's got nothing left in the tank. Now, maybe, MAYBE if he didn't walk around like a boy who just watched his dog get shot all game, I'd have a little more patience, but he didn't look, act, or play like a leader today.

This is too funny to a 51 year old that played offensive line for 9 years.What happens when Matt gets his rear end handed to him also? Do you go back to Kurt and bash MATT? We did'nt utilize Wells the right way today.We got no O-line blocking for Matt or Kurt.Old or Young you would have been in trouble today.The whiners ate the best we have up fronts lunch .Yet put 100% of the blame on Kurt Warner.Thats why he is a captain.His shoulders are big enough to handle it.Its fine with me too.Just know I'm lmao.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort