Kurt: Thanks.

BradMannTX

Puh-shaw
Reaction score
Montgomery, TX -- Birthplace of the Texas Flag!
Dear Kurt Warner,

Thanks for playing 107 times better than I thought you would when Matt went down. You haven't always played well, in fact, sometimes you looked like pucky. No matter what, you have always shown 110% guts and nuts and I appreciate your grit and effort.

Thanks for what you've been able to do so far. Let's see some playoffs now!

PoolBoy

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
well said. as long as he doesn't try to force it, we can win every week. he took what was given to him today. great job.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When he doesn't turn the ball over, he is still better than average. He did a nice job today, considering he had no Fitz and barely had Boldin. And, the guy will stand in there and take a big hit in order to make a throw.

PoolBoy

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
not having fitz doesn't make kurt better, but it makes him suprisingly smarter. he tries over and over to force it to fitz every week. he still didn't throw much to Boldin, apparantely to whom he is allergic, but you gotta love how kurt is playing.

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
With Fitz out, Bolding was constantly blanketed. If we throws to him in double, triple coverage and gets picked off then everyone would complain. But their defense is not that great and Boldin should have been able to get some separations.

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Keep in mind, he's been pretty banged up all year.

We can all talk about playing through pain, but he's the one actually doing it, as almost all the roster is to some extent.

Big thanks to the human brace, go UNI grad go!

TigToad

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
and...

and... thanks for playing through an injury that most guys not named Favre would have cashed in the season after having. At least, most guys would take a month or so off and complain about all the pain.

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
He's having his best season in a number of years. As long as he doesn't start turning it over again we should be all good.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With Fitz out, Bolding was constantly blanketed. If we throws to him in double, triple coverage and gets picked off then everyone would complain. But their defense is not that great and Boldin should have been able to get some separations.

Actually Boldin was open several times. But for whatever reason Kurt really wasnt even looking his way in the first half. Boldin was getting frustrated too. You could see it in his body language after plays that he was open.

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
Maybe couple of times but for the most part Boldin was the focus of defense since Fitz was out. The commentators also mentioned that. I can't imagine Warner ignoring Boldin when he is open. Occassionally, maybe, but not for an entire half.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Warner took a beating against the 49ers. I'm sure it felt even worse after that loss. Yet he keeps coming back and never complains or makes excuses.

The guy has a heart of a lion. It's amazing what his has done with one arm. He is truely one of the great stories of the season.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe couple of times but for the most part Boldin was the focus of defense since Fitz was out. The commentators also mentioned that. I can't imagine Warner ignoring Boldin when he is open. Occassionally, maybe, but not for an entire half.

He did. Watch the game on TV. Look where Boldin lines up and see how many pass plays he doesnt even bother looking his way.

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
Warner is generally a matchup guy. Hakim, Carter(NY), Proehel, Johnson, etc. have all benefitted from him liking to take the one-on-one mismatch. But, just as Leinart seemed to target Boldin more than Fitz, Warner seems to like Fitz more than Boldin. We don't know who the primary receiver is or which side of the field the flooding/clearing goes to so that may also play a part in Boldin's lack of looks.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just a guess, but I wonder if the lack of looks to Boldin oover the past few weeks haven't been because Warner knows he's not as healthy as he should be and is A)prone to make mistakes because of it and B)not getting the separation/burst that he usually does.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
He did. Watch the game on TV. Look where Boldin lines up and see how many pass plays he doesnt even bother looking his way.

Shane, not sure where you're going with this, but over the years, Kurt has has NO issues throwing to Q! In fact, up until about 3-4 weeks ago, you could make an arguement that Q was still Kurt's go-to guy. However, Q has been hurt and less than 100% virtually this entire season.
When Kurt started working Q into the game in the 2nd half yesterday, Q was promptly hurt again...

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shane, not sure where you're going with this, but over the years, Kurt has has NO issues throwing to Q! In fact, up until about 3-4 weeks ago, you could make an arguement that Q was still Kurt's go-to guy. However, Q has been hurt and less than 100% virtually this entire season.
When Kurt started working Q into the game in the 2nd half yesterday, Q was promptly hurt again...

Im not going anywhere other than to point out the obvious. Kurt on MANY pass plays didnt even bother looking Q's way. I dont care the reason or why. Just seems strange. I know Kurt doesnt mind throwing to him Q has had many BIG games with Warner under center.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Im not going anywhere other than to point out the obvious. Kurt on MANY pass plays didnt even bother looking Q's way. I dont care the reason or why. Just seems strange. I know Kurt doesnt mind throwing to him Q has had many BIG games with Warner under center.

I think it's simply a matter of what kurt saw in his presnap reads. What he saw, was a CB on Boldin with a safety over the top. So, his single coverage was elsewhere, and that's where he went with the ball.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Im not going anywhere other than to point out the obvious. Kurt on MANY pass plays didnt even bother looking Q's way. I dont care the reason or why. Just seems strange. I knwo Kurt doesnt mind throwing ot him Q has had many BIG games with Warner under center.

Not sure what's strange about it... We know Kurt and Q have always had a strong connection, and have lit up many a defense. Q is ailing. You say he was open all game but I was at the game and frankly, I did not see Q "open" all game. Further, Warner does not call the plays. It appeared to me that many of the plays in the first half were designed to go to other areas other than Q. And in fact, Warner was very succesful - going 6 of 9 in the first half. It wasn't like he was struggling or throwing a TON of passes all over the field to a variety of receivers...

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it's simply a matter of what kurt saw in his presnap reads. What he saw, was a CB on Boldin with a safety over the top. So, his single coverage was elsewhere, and that's where he went with the ball.

Thats all fine aj. But we all know that most of Boldins routes dont call for going over the top. You can get it to him in a LOS throw or a slant etc..... He can use his playmaking ability to get the yards he needs. But as has been said already with his hip that may be the reason they dont try it.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure what's strange about it... We know Kurt and Q have always had a strong connection, and have lit up many a defense. Q is ailing. You say he was open all game but I was at the game and frankly, I did not see Q "open" all game. Further, Warner does not call the plays. It appeared to me that many of the plays in the first half were designed to go to other areas other than Q. And in fact, Warner was very succesful - going 6 of 9 in the first half. It wasn't like he was struggling or throwing a TON of passes all over the field to a variety of receivers...

I was at the game too and frankly he WAS OPEN on several occasions in fact wide open. Q would come back to the huddle flailing his arms or unsanapping his chin strap in disgust. It was obvious.

Nowhere in any post did I say he was open "all game"

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
I don't know, Shane. He may have been open but look what happened the one time he did get the ball. I think he's trying to do too much too soon. His hip is causing him problems in other areas and as gutty as it is for him to be out there, I'd almost like to see him sit down for a while until he 100%. He's a beast when healthy but we haven't seen that in a long time.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
when Kurt limits the turnovers, he's still a solid QB. Just gotta limit the mistakes. I don't think it's just a coincidence that we've lost the games where he's had more turnovers than TDs. Gotta keep protecting the ball and making good decisions. When Kurt does that, he gives us a great shot to win and the dude's certainly a warrior out there. That's something NO ONE question.

lots of redundancy up there in that post.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard