Kolb left practice with thigh bruise

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
Apparently no serious. No doubt fodder for the injury prone label though.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ide rather have that fodder then the fodder that was being posted about Skelton throwing the ball today.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did it give him a concussion?

What is it with this guy and knee attacks?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
If Skelton sustained this injury, the perceived severity wouldn't be augmented like it will be with Kolb.

Thigh bruise is no big deal. Were they wearing pads? If not, could happen to anyone.

Now if this were a knee to the head....

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nah, they're talking about the material Kolb's body is made of. See, two can make stupid jokes about the QB they don't like as much.

from what I hear they both look terrible in camp and I expect jokes to rush out as our only other option is crying and thats not fun.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
By pillow fight you must be referring to the fight John Skelton is putting up for the starting job.

That's all the effort needed for Skelton to take the job from Brittle Boy. I've figured out why Kolb runs backwards so fast under pressure. He wants to get a head start to the First Aid Station.

Just Great. We have a QB who can't stay healthy (3 injuries in 2 seasons). Two QBs who can't hit the broadside of a barn from the inside, and a 4th QB who can't play a lick after August 31st. :bang:

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
That's all the effort needed for Skelton to take the job from Brittle Boy. I've figured out why Kolb runs backwards so fast under pressure. He wants to get a head start to the First Aid Station.

Just Great. We have a QB who can't stay healthy (3 injuries in 2 seasons). Two QBs who can't hit the broadside of a barn from the inside, and a 4th QB who can't play a lick after August 31st. :bang:

All this means is that we don't have a QB. I'm decidedly on the draft Tyler Wilson bandwagon or Matt Barkley.

The pro-Skelton crowd can try and call me a Kolb apologist, but the fact of the matter is that I think they both suck. I just think Kolb has a higher ceiling.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All this means is that we don't have a QB. I'm decidedly on the draft Tyler Wilson bandwagon or Matt Barkley.

The pro-Skelton crowd can try and call me a Kolb apologist, but the fact of the matter is that I think they both suck. I just think Kolb has a higher ceiling.

shorter guys always have higher ceilings, doesnt mean the guy can play :)

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

I agree that there's too much emotional charge on this subject. This is like debating who should start between Stewart Bradley and Paris Lenon, although I'm not convinced that both those guys aren't comparatively better at their jobs than Kolb and Skelton. Partly it's because it's the quarterback, and so much of the 2012 success of the Arizona Cardinals is going to ride on that choice.

For me, and I'll say this again for maybe the last time, it comes down to whom I'd rather watch this year. Would you rather watch Kolb light up the few bad teams on the schedule the way he did Carolina (and I suspect that St. Louis--the division rival that Kolb didn't get to play against--isn't going to be as terrible this year on defense as they were last year), but get shaken up by the numerous good teams we'll face?

I'd rather hope that the team sees a lot of Skelton and get used to managing an offense that isn't quarterback-centric, because that'll be the only way the team is going to properly acclimate the quarterback we draft next year into the NFL.

It's one of the ways that the drafting if Ryan Lindley is so confusing--what does this team want in a quarterback? Does it want a big, strong-armed pocket passer with a little mobility but little accuracy? Does it want guys like Max Hall/Kevin Kolb/Richard Bartell who are maybe quicker release guys/faster decision-makers to deliver the ball out of the three-step drop?

In designing an offense, you start with what you know you can do well, and then build constraint plays to prevent the defense from obviously taking those things away. If we can't tell the other 10 guys to focus on a particular style of play, then everyone in the unit gets held back.

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If this team could draft an average, non injury prone QB... It would considered a smashing success. :bang:

OP
OP
Arizona's Finest

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score

He speaks for me.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
don't mean a thing if they can't make it sling - doo wap doo wap
HOF game is the first course of the feast- one plate at a time.

OP
OP
Arizona's Finest

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
Of course, you were all in on Kevin Kolb 12 months ago, and all in on Max Hall before that.

See K9 what intelligent people do is they form opinions based on the information at hand. What REALLY intelligent people do is remain open minded as new information comes about and allow their opinion to evolve and not just be stubborn and stick with one view point. This isnt religion or politics. Its football. Opinions are subject to change. Myfiber as a human being isnt tied to if Kevin Kolb is a Pro Bowler.

I am just man enough to admit it and not go grab a bunch of obscure PFF point of attack statistics to try and continually support a previous held opinion that is obviously no longer true.

I dont think you get me man. I have been wrong on pretty much EVERY Quarterback analysis when it comes to the Cardinals. I admit this wholeheartedly. I know good QB play around the rest of the NFL. But I put on the Rose Colored glasses with my own guys and hope for the best. Hell i actually cheered for Kurt Warner to go down so Matt Leinart could come in at a home game against Seattle (the last of the season) right before the playoff run to the Super Bowl. I was against Kurt until the Carolina game in fact. But again when faced with enough evidence saying otherwise, was man enough to admit i was wrong.

So feel free to take my opinions on the QB situation with a grain of salt. But ill eventually be right. And then I won't let you ever forget it ;)

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
See K9 what intelligent people do is they form opinions based on the information at hand. What REALLY intelligent people do is remain open minded as new information comes about and allow their opinion to evolve and not just be stubborn and stick with one view point. This isnt religion or politics. Its football. Opinions are subject to change. Myfiber as a human being isnt tied to if Kevin Kolb is a Pro Bowler.

I am just man enough to admit it and not go grab a bunch of obscure PFF point of attack statistics to try and continually support a previous held opinion that is obviously no longer true.

I dont think you get me man. I have been wrong on pretty much EVERY Quarterback analysis when it comes to the Cardinals. I admit this wholeheartedly. I know good QB play around the rest of the NFL. But I put on the Rose Colored glasses with my own guys and hope for the best. Hell i actually cheered for Kurt Warner to go down so Matt Leinart could come in at a home game against Seattle (the last of the season) right before the playoff run to the Super Bowl. I was against Kurt until the Carolina game in fact. But again when faced with enough evidence saying otherwise, was man enough to admit i was wrong.

So feel free to take my opinions on the QB situation with a grain of salt. But ill eventually be right. And then I won't let you ever forget it ;)

Umm... Am I doing that? I thought that Max Hall sucked and wasn't an NFL player. Turns out I was right. I thought that Kevin Kolb probably wouldn't flame out, but was concerned about what to do if he were merely mediocre. Seems like that is the case, as well. I was concerned that Whis didn't know what he was doing and that Derek Anderson was awful except against terrible teams two years before as a Brown. I don't exactly have to be the Kwisatz Haderach to see these things coming. You just have to see what's there.

Yes, everyone should take your opinions with a grain of salt. You were for Kevin Kolb before you were against him, and now you're for him again. I haven't seen any evidence that you know your way around the QB position when it comes to the rest of the NFL. I've been on record about every starting quarterback in the NFL the last several years. Yes, I have a weak spot for Mark Sanchez. Yes, I remain pretty confident that Phillip Rivers is still one of the five best QBs in the NFL. I'm down on Drew Brees because I think that he's an above-average quarterback in any system, but he's a great quarterback in the system he built with Sean Payton.

I can't wait for you to be right; it'll mean the Cards are doing well. But try not to be wrong all the time.

OP
OP
Arizona's Finest

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
Umm... Am I doing that? I thought that Max Hall sucked and wasn't an NFL player. Turns out I was right. I thought that Kevin Kolb probably wouldn't flame out, but was concerned about what to do if he were merely mediocre. Seems like that is the case, as well. I was concerned that Whis didn't know what he was doing and that Derek Anderson was awful except against terrible teams two years before as a Brown. I don't exactly have to be the Kwisatz Haderach to see these things coming. You just have to see what's there.

Yes, everyone should take your opinions with a grain of salt. You were for Kevin Kolb before you were against him, and now you're for him again. I haven't seen any evidence that you know your way around the QB position when it comes to the rest of the NFL. I've been on record about every starting quarterback in the NFL the last several years. Yes, I have a weak spot for Mark Sanchez. Yes, I remain pretty confident that Phillip Rivers is still one of the five best QBs in the NFL. I'm down on Drew Brees because I think that he's an above-average quarterback in any system, but he's a great quarterback in the system he built with Sean Payton.

I can't wait for you to be right; it'll mean the Cards are doing well. But try not to be wrong all the time.

I'm not going to get into a pissing contest with you dude. I'm confident in my overall knowledge in the NFL and again admittedly get blinded by my love for my team. Just so you know I'm big on Andrew Luck and Matt Barkley so feel free to keep track and hold me accountable on those two in addition to everything else you got holed up in your brain about my thoughts and opinions.

Don't take yourself so seriously.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard