Kobe pours in 81!

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
D-Dogg said:
You're not hating, just uneducated (as you should be, you don't watch the Lakers day in and out). Fine line between homerism and educated. My opinion is backed by others observations as well.

I'm sorry, but that is quite an insulting and demeaning comment. How do you know if I only watch the Suns and not pay attention to other teams? Because I don't agree with you?

But for the sake of argument, which part is wrong? That Karl was the key? That Gary hated the offense? That Shaq/Kobe blew up preseason? That Kobe was second on the team in dimes? That Kobe avg'd 24 ppg? (I can tell you why that happened too, with quotes from Malone to back it up). That Kobe had a trial going on?

Yet still you think the Lakers didn't win the Finals because of Kobe's on court play and not sharing with teammates???

Please. I said it was ONE of the contributing factors, not THE factor.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chaplin said:
I'm sorry, but that is quite an insulting and demeaning comment. How do you know if I only watch the Suns and not pay attention to other teams? Because I don't agree with you?

Not meant to be, but it's as insulting for you to say that I only have those opinions from homerism. Could it be that I have missed maybe 10 Laker games in the past 3 years possibly be the reason I have formed the opinions I have on certain issues? Or that I've read about 7 Lakers books, a few of which on the very issues we are discussing? I'm making an assumption, and I may be wrong and if so correct me, that you have not read Mad Game, The Lakers, The Show, Phil's Book and catch maybe 15 Lakers games a year, and probably don't watch the entire game?

I wouldn't challenge my knowledge of what happened during those seasons and pass it off as blind homerism...its as insulting as my assumption that you don't follow the Lakers as closely as I do appears to be to you.

Please. I said it was ONE of the contributing factors, not THE factor.

I just don't see it. Yes, Kobe led the team in shots that season, with 100 more than Gary Payton. But no big discrepancy. He routinely gave up the ball, given the 5.1 assists average. A little over a 200 more shots than Shaq, who was clearly on the decline (he couldn't play on less than two days rest in the Finals).

One of the contributing factors, maybe. A legit factor, no. Should it have been a factor, not in the least. Stubborn and hardheaded, yep...he was jacked up. But Gary was even more of a headcase on the team with a lot less reason to be. If ANYONE should be blamed for disrupting the flow of that team, it would be Gary Payton, who never bought into the system and broke it at every opportunity.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
D-Dogg said:
Not meant to be, but it's as insulting for you to say that I only have those opinions from homerism. Could it be that I have missed maybe 10 Laker games in the past 3 years possibly be the reason I have formed the opinions I have on certain issues? Or that I've read about 7 Lakers books, a few of which on the very issues we are discussing? I'm making an assumption, and I may be wrong and if so correct me, that you have not read Mad Game, The Lakers, The Show, Phil's Book and catch maybe 15 Lakers games a year, and probably don't watch the entire game?

I wouldn't challenge my knowledge of what happened during those seasons and pass it off as blind homerism...its as insulting as my assumption that you don't follow the Lakers as closely as I do appears to be to you.

Please again. If we were discussing the Suns, you would accuse me of the same. But we are not. I am not a Laker fan, and you most likely DO know more about the inner workings of the Lakers, but we're not talking about Phil's relationship with Kobe. We're talking about Kobe's performance on the Laker team, something I DO have some knowledge about, since I live in LA and watch them play.

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
Chaplin said:
I know we're beating a dead horse here, but he was exactly like that when he DID have good teammates, so the crappy teammates excuse doesn't work.
Kobe is 7th on the Laker career assist list with 2,955, ahead of HOF'ers like Gail Goodrich and James Worthy. Kobe is not a selfish player when he has other players around him who can also score.

But when the game is on the line, a smart player will defer to Kobe. :)

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Interesting article by Bill Simmons (of course):

By Bill Simmons
Page 2

Just three weeks ago, I wrote that Kobe was a fool for passing up an 80-point game against Dallas. I thought it was a once-in-a-lifetime chance. That sports were about the little challenges along the way. That you can't pass up a chance to go down in history, not when the Non-Wilt Scoring Record was at stake. That the game symbolized his entire career -- memorable, incredible, ultimately a little disappointing -- and he would regret the decision some day.

Then he dropped 81 against Toronto on Sunday night.

Related Stories
• Jackson: When did it happen?
• The Sports Guy: Destiny's child
• Merron: Top hoops scorers
• Stein: Kobe's Big Night
• Kobe Compared to Wilt
• Players and Coaches amazed
• Full NBA coverage

And in the process, he indirectly proved my point. Everyone has been discussing Kobe for two straight days -- every Web site, every TV show, every radio show, everybody. Heck, he even knocked the NFL championship games off the front page of ESPN.com. Nobody cared that the last 12 points of the game came during garbage time, or that Kobe took a jaw-dropping 45 shots and 20 free throw attempts in 42 minutes. They only cared about the number: 81. On his 666th regular season game (seriously), Kobe scored 66 percent of his team's points. For the first time in the post-Shaq Era, Kobe has an identity beyond "Selfish gunner who destroyed a potential dynasty." He's the most exciting player in any professional sport.

(By the way, it's always fun to watch a basketball player score copious amounts of points, even when he's freezing out his teammates in the process. For instance, at halftime of a Celtics game in the late-'90s, they had a Special Olympics exhibition game and there was one kid involved who seemed a little too, um, competent to be playing in the game. Not only did he score like 20 points in four minutes, I'm convinced to this day that he was the impetus for the recent Johnny Knoxville movie. In fact, this kid was good enough that everyone in my section feared Rick Pitino would sign him to a $30 million contract after the game. But guess what? Even though it didn't seem quite fair that the kid was playing, it was still a moment. Everyone was riveted. Everyone was cheering. Of course, I was drunk at the time, so this might not have happened the way I remember it. The important thing is that I believe it happened. Back to the column.)

Of course, I dropped the ball on Sunday night. After watching the football games and having an early dinner with my father (visiting for the weekend), we decided to rent a movie because Dad couldn't stop whining about Jake Plummer's four turnovers against the Steelers. If Kevin Faulk hadn't fumbled and we had just gotten to halftime with a lead, Jake would have made those same four turnovers and we'd be in the Super Bowl right now! He's going to be complaining about this for the rest of 2006. Grace period schmace period.

We headed down to the video store to rent "Lord of War" with Nic Cage, which wasn't even officially available until today. (Reason No. 743 why it's fun to live in Los Angeles: Some video stores out here jump the gun with New Rentals. I have no idea how this is legal.) You know when you're in the video store and you have to talk yourself into a movie you never really wanted to see, like "Panic Room" or "Unleashed" or something? Both of us were fired up for "Lord of War." You can't put a price on the fun of Cage and Jared Leto playing Lithuanian arms dealers.

So we get home, we're ready to pop the movie in ... and my buddy Gus calls.

"Kobe's got 53 right now."

"How much time left?"

"53 through three quarters."

Well, then.

Here's what kills me: When I checked right before our video store trip, the Lakers were getting killed and Kobe only had about 14 points. So I crossed the game off for the night. Big mistake. Like many NBA junkies, I monitor Laker games since Kobe reached "you always need to make sure Kobe isn't feeling it" status about two months ago, when it became apparent that his team stunk and Phil Jackson was fine with Kobe gunning 35 to 40 times a game. I don't like the Lakers, and I definitely don't like Kobe that much (except for the "Black Mamba" gimmick, which delights me to no end). But I enjoy the nightly potential of an ESPN Classic-caliber scoring explosion. It's a form of basketball that's never been seen at this level -- as I wrote two weeks ago, it's like "Teen Wolf" sprung to life. Not only is Mamba hogging the ball to a historic degree, just about everyone else on the Lakers seems OK with it. It's their only chance to win.

(One player seems to be resisting: Poor Lamar Odom, who's going to bludgeon himself to death with Phil Jackson's blank clipboard soon. When they're running the offense in which Odom sets up Kobe from the top of the key and then stands in place like a third base coach, I keep waiting for Odom to rear back and fire line drive baseball passes at Kobe to try to knock him unconscious. Frankly, there's still time.)

So this has evolved into a unique situation: A Hall of Fame scorer in his absolute prime, stuck with teammates best described as deferential, playing with a chip on his shoulder after his last two seasons were marred by fallout from the Shaq trade and ongoing legal troubles, working with a permanently green light to hoist an ungodly amount of shots (nearly 28 a game). Again, everyone's OK with it. Which means it's impossible to determine a ceiling for Kobe Games right now. After the 62-point game against Dallas, when I bemoaned Kobe's lost chance to make history, hundreds of Lakers fans disagreed. The common theme of the e-mails: "Dude, are you crazy? He's shooting the ball 40 times a game! There will be plenty of chances for him to go for 80!"

You know what? Good point.

In retrospect, the Dallas game wasn't that much of an aberration given how Kobe's season has unfolded. In three quarters, Kobe made 18 of 31 shots, four 3s and 22 of 25 free throws. The readers were right. On the perfect night, against the right opponent in a relatively close game, Kobe could absolutely make 25 shots and another 20 free throws if he was feeling it. That would put him at 70. If four of those shots were 3s, then that would get him to 74 points, the Non-Wilt Record (although Pete Maravich would have broken 80 with a 3-point line).

More important, Kobe learned a valuable lesson from the Dallas game, mainly that his decision to stay out of the fourth never made anyone say, "Wow, maybe he's not selfish!" If anything, many basketball fans were disappointed. Including me. It was like watching a famous bank robber nail his 10th bank in two months, then leave an extra bag of cash behind in some misguided attempt to prove that he wasn't just about the money. Is there anyone left on this planet who still believes that he's a team player, that he's good at getting his teammates involved, that he doesn't want to dominate at all times? What would be shocking about an inherently selfish player accomplishing an inherently selfish act? In a weird way, wasn't this his destiny?

The message of my magazine column remained salient: Fifty years from now, nobody would care how Kobe scored 80 points in a game, just that it happened, that they watched, that he scored the most since Wilt, that they were there to see it. And that's why I keep monitoring these Lakers games. You never know.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks to Gus' award-winning phone call, my father and I put Nic Cage on hold and flicked on the rest of the game. Dad hasn't watched too much of Kobe this season because he doesn't have the NBA season package -- probably a good move since he falls asleep at 8:30 in front of the TV every night -- so he wasn't even remotely prepared for Kobe's metamorphosis into an unstoppable scoring machine/historic ball hog (depending on your perspective). It's one thing to read about it, quite another thing to see it. When he's feeling it, Kobe approaches every possession like the 12th man on a high school team, the kid who enters a tournament game in the final minute and has precisely 53 seconds to score so his name gets in the paper. He takes 28-footers with a hand in his face. He drives into the paint and throws his body into four guys hoping to get fouled. He calls for the ball time and time again. There's a joylessness about it. Like watching someone crank 15 straight bombs in the Home Run Derby without breaking a smile.

For two guys watching history unfold, my father and I weren't exactly high-fiving in the living room or anything. The game made me feel the same way I felt while watching "March of the Penguins." I had always wondered what a penguin's life was like; once I knew how depressing it was, I wanted to sit in my garage with the car running. Sometimes it's almost better not to know these things. And Kobe's 81-point game was a little like that. For a perimeter player to score that many points, you have to hog the ball to a degree that's almost disarming to watch; it almost stops resembling a basketball game. More than Kobe's rising point total, Dad and I found ourselves fascinated by his icy demeanor, the lack of excitement by the guys on the Lakers bench, even the dysfunctional way that his teammates were killing themselves going for rebounds and steals to get him more shots.

This didn't feel like a team effort. Actually, I'm not sure what this felt like. With seven minutes remaining, Odom made an open 3 because Kobe was being ninetuple-teamed by all five Raptors, two ball boys, an assistant coach and a Staples Center usher from Section 104. Without a shred of irony, the announcer reported it was Odom's first field goal of the night. He ended up finishing 1-for-7. By the way, he's the second-best player on the Lakers.

"Can you imagine being on this team?" my father said, shrieking. "Can you imagine? Look at Odom! I think he's going to throw up!"

Meanwhile, Kobe's point total kept rising as the Lakers took control of the game. I watched Bird's 60-point game live. Same for Bernard King's 60 and MJ's 63. Even burned Maravich's 68 and MJ's 69 to DVD. None of those endings were nearly as dominant as this one. The Raptors guarded Kobe 30 feet from the basket; he made 3s from 30 feet. They sent two guys at him; he casually split them and created another scoring chance. They collapsed on him every time he drove into the paint; he scored or drew a foul every time. They used a soft triple-team on him in the final three minutes; he still got his points. It was like watching one of those "UFC Greatest Knockout" shows with a steady stream of guys getting pummelled into bloody pulps, and after about 20 minutes, you start to feel sick, but you can't stop watching. Nobody should be able to score 55 points in one half against an NBA defense. It shouldn't happen. But it happened.

When an exhausted Kobe reached 81 and appeared barely able to stay on his feet, the Lakers removed him to a standing ovation, as well as half-hearted hugs and high-fives from his teammates (all of whom will be disciplined this week from Mitch Kupchak for not celebrating joyously enough). The best reaction belonged to Jackson, who seemed amused, supportive and somewhat horrified, like how Halle Berry's husband probably looked after sitting through his first screening of "Monster's Ball." The second-best reaction belonged to my Dad, who listened to Kobe's postgame interview with Patrick O'Neal and excitedly said, "Wait, how can you score 81 points and not thank your teammates?" Not since Hilary Swank snubbed then-husband Chad Lowe at the 2000 Oscars have we seen something that blatantly egocentric. And look how they turned out.

So was it everything an 81-point game should have been? Yes and no. When Kobe catches fire and you're watching in real time, he makes everything look so easy that you take him for granted. He misses a 3, you're surprised. He botches a drive to the basket, you can't believe it. He misses a free throw, you feel cheated. The points keep adding up, but it almost feels like watching a video game or something. And because the Lakers' offense is so one-dimensional, it feels like Kobe should be scoring like that. There's no Plan B.

Only later can you appreciate it. For me, the moment happened long after my father went to bed -- and let the record show that we discussed the 81-point game for roughly two minutes before shrugging our shoulders and popping in "Lord of War," which was excellent -- when I was watching ESPNEWS, and the graphic from the Lakers game popped up on the bottom of the screen. They flashed the Lakers final score, followed by something like, "BRYANT: 81 points, 6 rebounds, 2 assists."

And I remember thinking two things:

1. "Holy crap! 81 points! 81 freaking points! Wait, that's a lot of points!"
2. "Two assists ... now that's comedy."

Maybe this was Mamba's ultimate destiny: One-man scoring machine, gunner for the ages, the real-life "Teen Wolf." Future generations will remember him for the 81-point game and his awesome 2005-06 scoring binge, not for being the second-best player on three championship teams. Hey, that's what they should remember. After all, plenty of NBA players have three rings. Only two NBA players have ever scored 81 points in a game. One is dead. The other lives on.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chaplin said:
Please again. If we were discussing the Suns, you would accuse me of the same. But we are not. I am not a Laker fan, and you most likely DO know more about the inner workings of the Lakers, but we're not talking about Phil's relationship with Kobe. We're talking about Kobe's performance on the Laker team, something I DO have some knowledge about, since I live in LA and watch them play.

And I give you that, that you watch some games.

Put it this way, if I had an issue with, say Shawn Marion and the way he plays (for hypothetical I say he isn't clutch) and I put my 15 or so games a year I catch of the Suns up against your knowledge of it I'd back down and defer to you, since you watch him far more often than I do.

I don't know what you saw that season in Kobe vs. other seasons, but it wasn't anything near what I saw in 70-some games in the regular season, and the entire playoff run. Given, he did go selfish in the Finals, I will give you that, but he's the only reason we won one of the games, and Shaq was getting dominated by Ben Wallace. I still put that series on Malone going down...we were not close to the same team without him, he wsa the engine

But then again, I watch for different things than you do probably. I watch our post play, specifically Kwame. I watch our defensive rotation, and the way we play pick and rolls. I watch to see who is learning the triangle, and who doesn't get it yet (one point in the Toronto game, Kobe had to push Kwame in the back to get him to flash to the other side where the ball was, a key move of the Tri). I watch these games very critically, and for a lot of things...just as I'm sure you do with the Suns. Ask me who is doing what right and why, and who is doing what wrong and why, and I'll tell you. And I'm not afraid to bash Kobe when he isn't playing well. http://arizonasportsfans.com/vb/showpost.php?p=888617&postcount=205

The team is my passion, and has been since I've been a little kid, idolizing Magic Johnson. Hell, I still drop the jr. sky hook from the ft line when playing horse.

Sure, I'll call homerism when someone just talks about their team, but when its clear they know their stuff, even if I may not agree, it's usually because they know their team far better than I do. I just find it funny how many fans of other teams are "experts" on Kobe Bryant and the Lakers.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Fair enough. And I certainly respect your opinion and totally get your vast knowledge of the Lakers. That's partly why this conversation is so fascinating. We both have our opinions--both based on personal experience of watching the player. You've seen Kobe play more than I have, definitely, but again, I am not saying that Kobe is a bad player--he is rightfully so an amazing and phenomenal player. We just differ in our opinion over whether he's a good teammate.

Whether your opinion is more validated than mine is an unanswerable question. You know more about the Lakers, sure, but I still trust my eyes and what they see--and we both interpret it differently. I think that's the only reason we disagree. We've both seen the same thing, we just interpret it differently. And there's nothing wrong with that. And granted, I hate the Lakers organization just because they're the Lakers, but I'm trying to keep that fact out of the conversation. ;)

(And for the record, I'd agree that Shawn Marion isn't very clutch...) :D

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chaplin said:
(And for the record, I'd agree that Shawn Marion isn't very clutch...) :D

I am constantly amazed at how that throwing motion he passes off as a shot consistently finds the bottom of the net. THAT is the most amazing thing in the NBA, in my mind. ;)

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
D-Dogg said:
I am constantly amazed at how that throwing motion he passes off as a shot consistently finds the bottom of the net. THAT is the most amazing thing in the NBA, in my mind. ;)

It is cringe-inducing isn't it? And what are the odds that we have 2 guys that shoot weird--and Leandro is making his shots this year too!

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chaplin said:
It is cringe-inducing isn't it? And what are the odds that we have 2 guys that shoot weird--and Leandro is making his shots this year too!

Word, I always throw out a "ribbit" when he shoots. I don't question it anymore, it just turns my stomach to see it.

You know, Laker fans were HUGE on the Barbosa bandwagon...a lot of us wanted to draft him badly.

TucsonDevil

Good to be back!
Reaction score
D-Dogg said:
But I digress, and refuse to discuss this any further, especially with people who don't know much about the case.

D-Dogg - The most important piece of evidence was not legally admitted to the courts...

"I want to apologize to her for my behavior that night and for the consequences she has suffered in the past year," the statement, released Wednesday, read. "Although I truly believe this encounter between us was consensual, I recognize now that she did not and does not view this incident the same way I did. After months of reviewing discovery, listening to her attorney and even her testimony in person, I now understand how she feels that she did not consent to this encounter."

In other words, "Yeah, she didn't want what I gave - I guess I didn't understand that No meant NO."

TucsonDevil

Good to be back!
Reaction score
Here is the entire statement:
"I want to apologize to her for my behavior that night and for the consequences she has suffered in the past year. Although this year has been incredibly difficult for me personally, I can only imagine the pain she has had to endure. I also want to apologize to her parents and family members, and to my family and friends and supporters, and to the citizens of Eagle, Colo.
Although I truly believe this encounter between us was consensual, I recognize now that she did not and does not view this incident the same way I did. After months of reviewing discovery, listening to her attorney, and even her testimony in person, I now understand how she feels that she did not consent to this encounter.
I issue this statement today fully aware that while one part of this case ends today, another remains. I understand that the civil case against me will go forward. That part of this case will be decided by and between the parties directly involved in the incident and will no longer be a financial or emotional drain on the citizens of the state of Colorado."

"First, I want to apologize directly to the young woman involved in this incident. I want to apologize to her for my behavior that night and for the consequences she has suffered in the past year. Although this year has been incredibly difficult for me personally, I can only imagine the pain she has had to endure. "I also want to apologize to her parents and family members, and to my family and friends and supporters, and to the citizens of Eagle, Colorado.

"I also want to make it clear that I do not question the motives of this young woman. No money has been paid to this woman. She has agreed that this statement will not be used against me in the civil case."

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The "apology" letter is something the DA requested be written in order to drop charges. Pretty easy yes from my POV. Hurlbert probably wrote the thing in the first place, Mackey and Co made edits and Kobe said, sure that'll be fine.

That's it. Like I said, I'm not going to discuss the case here.

golfcardfan

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Dominating performance by one guy? YES! Very poor display of a team sport? OVERWHELMING YES!!!! You could see in all of his teammates faces especially Odum! They all barely celebrated his accomplishment they would probally cheer more if he got traded and they did not have to play with him.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
golfcardfan said:
Dominating performance by one guy? YES! Very poor display of a team sport? OVERWHELMING YES!!!! You could see in all of his teammates faces especially Odum! They all barely celebrated his accomplishment they would probally cheer more if he got traded and they did not have to play with him.

Do you know what you are saying? They were telling him to come get the ball. They were feeding him, purposefully.

The team was down 18 points. They all shot horribly. Down 18 in the third, so Kobe beat them himself. And the Lakers didn't care, and they all gushed.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
D-Dogg said:
Do you know what you are saying? They were telling him to come get the ball. They were feeding him, purposefully.

The team was down 18 points. They all shot horribly. Down 18 in the third, so Kobe beat them himself. And the Lakers didn't care, and they all gushed.

While I don't think they cared at the time that Kobe was taking over, they didn't exactly "gush".

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Renz said:

I agree with the argument in that article to a degree, but 100 is still 100. Not that 81 is anything short of amazing, either. I understand the game was different then, no zone, higher scoring, Wilt totally was a freak compared to his opponents, he played close to the basket, and all...but even HE only did it ONCE.

I can see how you can relate today's 81 to yesterday's 100, but the 100 still is top because it is what it is.

It doesn't mean Kobe's 81 wasn't one of, perhaps THE most amazing sports moment I've ever witnessed. Let's put it this way, I've always believed that 100 was unapproachable, and wouldn't ever fall (and if anyone ever got close it would be Kobe, because of the many times he's hit fifty and sat out the 3rd). Even after Kobe hit 62 in three quarters against Dallas, I never thought it would happen. Now that he hit 81 less than a month after 62 in 3 quarters I'll say this...I still think 100 is safe, but its no longer the untouchable mark I once thought it was. Now, Wilt's 50ppg average will NEVER be touched...that one I'm confident of.

boisesuns

Standing Tall And Traded
Reaction score
D-Dogg said:
I agree with the argument in that article to a degree, but 100 is still 100. Not that 81 is anything short of amazing, either. I understand the game was different then, no zone, higher scoring, Wilt totally was a freak compared to his opponents, he played close to the basket, and all...but even HE only did it ONCE.

I can see how you can relate today's 81 to yesterday's 100, but the 100 still is top because it is what it is.

It doesn't mean Kobe's 81 wasn't one of, perhaps THE most amazing sports moment I've ever witnessed. Let's put it this way, I've always believed that 100 was unapproachable, and wouldn't ever fall (and if anyone ever got close it would be Kobe, because of the many times he's hit fifty and sat out the 3rd). Even after Kobe hit 62 in three quarters against Dallas, I never thought it would happen. Now that he hit 81 less than a month after 62 in 3 quarters I'll say this...I still think 100 is safe, but its no longer the untouchable mark I once thought it was. Now, Wilt's 50ppg average will NEVER be touched...that one I'm confident of.
:thumbup:

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
Chaplin said:
And there's the problem. Obviously, basketball minds such as Jerry Colangelo and Donnie Walsh wouldn't agree with that. Especially Colangelo, who has experience in these sorts of matters.

Then why are you posting on this thread? The big question is his value as a teammate--at least that's what D-Dogg and I have been discussing--and it's been a terrific discussion so far.

:mad:

Chaplin...quit being so f---ing condescending or you are going to really piss me off.....You and D-Dogg can get a room if you want to have a private conversation. The name of the thread is "Kobe pours in 81" I can comment whatever the hell i want to in regards to Kobe.

Newsflash...my posts are not directly related to you. You might not like the way i write or what i say, but its rare i will cross the line and try to make peope feel stupid, even when its deserved such as when your lame a$$ trys to talk like its the gospel and anyone who doesnt agree has no sense of basketball....

Im cutting you off....apparently you cant have a conversation w/o some kind of stupid rebuttal comment everytime i respond to what you say. If you want to get into some sort of trash talking contest i could eat you alive. but i am trying to have some modicum of being rational in this thread and holding back, but i can no longer handle your little snipes....

So Cut it the f--k out....i could care less aobout your opinion and i dont want you responding to mine if you are going to continue to talk to my like im your 12 year old brother....

as for elindholm, ddogg, lakeshowman, bim, tucsondevil, jbailko and the rest....i value you your opinions even if they differ from mine....

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Arizona's Finest said:
:mad:

Chaplin...quit being so f---ing condescending or you are going to really piss me off.....

Oh my, we wouldn't want that... :rolleyes:

You and D-Dogg can get a room if you want to have a private conversation. The name of the thread is "Kobe pours in 81" I can comment whatever the hell i want to in regards to Kobe.

Newsflash...my posts are not directly related to you. You might not like the way i write or what i say, but its rare i will cross the line and try to make peope feel stupid, even when its deserved such as when your lame a$$ trys to talk like its the gospel and anyone who doesnt agree has no sense of basketball....

Im cutting you off....apparently you cant have a conversation w/o some kind of stupid rebuttal comment everytime i respond to what you say. If you want to get into some sort of trash talking contest i could eat you alive. but i am trying to have some modicum of being rational in this thread and holding back, but i can no longer handle your little snipes....

So Cut it the f--k out....i could care less aobout your opinion and i dont want you responding to mine if you are going to continue to talk to my like im your 12 year old brother....

as for elindholm, ddogg, lakeshowman, bim, tucsondevil, jbailko and the rest....i value you your opinions even if they differ from mine....

My God, you can't handle anything, can you? What's funny is that we are fans of the same teams, yet you can't handle anything I say to you. Why is that? I have no problem personally with you--you're the one turning personal here.

EDIT: Now THAT was a condescending post... :biglaugh:

Last edited: